if we get Coles

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Josh Reed, right now he's the only consistent receiver we have, but if we got Coles, there'd be no need for Reed on this team anymore. Coles is the same exact player as Reed, only 5 times better. Reed is a poor man's Coles, and there's no reason to have both. Everyone has a role in that group: Jenkins is the special teams ace, Roscoe is the best punt returner in the league, Evans is our #1 and deep threat, Hardy and Johnson are both young up and coming players, and Reed is our go-to, clutch player who catches timely passes over the middle and on 3rd downs. Coles replaces that, and then what does Josh do that Coles doesn't?

If we signed Coles, I see only 3 people who could go. Jenkins, Reed or Roscoe. They just gave Jenkins a long-term deal, and there's no one else in that group that can play special teams like he does. Roscoe is the best punt returner in the league, but its still possible they try to trade him. The most logical person to leave would be Reed. It is his role that is being upgraded and replaced. I think our 3 receivers would look great with Evans, Coles and Johnson. And then there's Hardy, and even Roscoe. I love all that Josh Reed has done for this team since he's been here, but if we sign Coles, he no longer has a role and a place IMO.

If we get Coles then we'll have 2 legitimate WR's. I love Josh Reed for his effort but when you look at the compilation of his work his numbers are terrible. I think the addition of Coles makes Reed even better. Parrish should be this teams Welker but still has yet to live up to the hype with the exception of his return ability.

The rest of the guys are either works in progress or extremely mediocre.

If we get Coles then we'll have 2 WR's. I love Josh Reed for his effort but when you look at the compilation of his work his numbers are terrible. Parrish should be this teams Welker but still has yet to live up to the hype with the exception of his return ability.

The rest of the guys are either works in progress or extremely mediocre.

The problem with Roscoe is that he can't learn the offense. Plus, he is about 165lbs and offers nothing over the middle. Wes Welker is short, but he is almost 200 lbs. and is feerless. Rosco is what he is, a great return man and thats it.

Roscoe goes ... a luxury to have at the money he is paid. Is is a one facet player. Only other real possibility is that if hardy is not progressing in his rehab he goes to IR.

Jenkins is more of a "luxury" then Rsocoe. They can find another gunner thats close enough to what Jenkins gave us, but you aren't going to find another return guy remotly as good as Roscoe.

Jenkins deal is not very big and he can be let go. They are obviously looking to upgrade the WR core, otherwise Washington and Coles wouldn't have been brought in and Coles would have never been given an offer. Evans is staying, they could try to put Johnson on the PS or move Reed or Parrish, or if Hardy is still hurt, put him on IR, or maybe even deal him if they didn't like what they saw in him last year. But from the list of their WR's, Jenkins is at the bottom since he won't be used as a WR unless injuries occur, so he's there for ST's only. Do you keep a roster spot open for a ST Gunner who may play WR, or the NFL's top Punt returner who can also play WR just as good.

I love Josh Reed, right now he's the only consistent receiver we have, but if we got Coles, there'd be no need for Reed on this team anymore. Coles is the same exact player as Reed, only 5 times better.

Uh...no. Coles isn't nearly the blocker and worker, that Reed is. There is more to playing WR than simply catching passes. And, actually, Reed is more reliable in a crowd, on 3rd down.

I'd move Reed to the slot, where he thrives, and put Cole outside.

Jenkins would be good as gone, I think. This is the NFL...Jenkins long-term deal means squat. I doubt there was much guaranteed money involved.

I might trade Parrish, but only for REAL value. He's too good of a PR, and can be an impact player at WR, if used correctly. He's just not an every down #2, IMO.

As good as Roscoe is--McKelvin may be a better PR..plus we still have Terrence McGee for an occasional KO return and Fred Jackson for punts. Roscoe is having trouble in the scheme--he gets open but his underneath and slant routes aren't crisp and therefore he is difficult to rely on in live action where you have to throw before or at the cut...

Roscoe's return skills are dynamic--just trade him to the NFC so we only have to face him once every 4 years or in the Super Bowl (yeah right)...I think we can get something of value for him--he is under contract for I think 3 more years...

I know they can, but why keep someone who offers you nothing (Reed)?

You are out of touch, on this one, IMO. Reed isn't a poor man's Coles, he's a poor man's Hines Ward. There is a marked decline in the offense, especially the running game and 3rd down conversions, when Reed is out of the lineup.

Evans, Coles, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, Johnson, and Jenkins

I think we should trade Parrish for a TE like Daniels and give them a draft pick to. What do you all think

Reed should be a situational guy at best, Parrish is listed as a receiver but shouldn't be used as one, and

Hardy is injured at this point and who knows what he has, Jenkins has "0" career receptions per NFL.com in

three years.

Uh...no. Coles isn't nearly the blocker and worker, that Reed is. There is more to playing WR than simply catching passes. And, actually, Reed is more reliable in a crowd, on 3rd down.

Jenkins would be good as gone, I think. This is the NFL...Jenkins long-term deal means squat. I doubt there was much guaranteed money involved.

I might trade Parrish, but only for REAL value. He's too good of a PR, and can be an impact player at WR, if used correctly. He's just not an every down #2, IMO.

Agreed. There is no reason to get rid of Reed, as he is far more proven than any #3 that we currently have.

If we get Coles and consider moving Parrish what is your definition of "REAL value"--a 3rd? a 4th? Personally, I doubt we'd get a 3rd, but suspect we could get a 4th, although I'm not sure I'd do it for a 4th.

If we get Coles and consider moving Parrish what is your definition of "REAL value"--a 3rd? a 4th? Personally, I doubt we'd get a 3rd, but suspect we could get a 4th, although I'm not sure I'd do it for a 4th.

I'm with you. I'd consider a 3rd. A 4th? I wouldn't be happy with that, at all...maybe next year, if there is no improvement.

I love Josh Reed, right now he's the only consistent receiver we have, but if we got Coles, there'd be no need for Reed on this team anymore. Coles is the same exact player as Reed, only 5 times better. Reed is a poor man's Coles, and there's no reason to have both. Everyone has a role in that group: Jenkins is the special teams ace, Roscoe is the best punt returner in the league, Evans is our #1 and deep threat, Hardy and Johnson are both young up and coming players, and Reed is our go-to, clutch player who catches timely passes over the middle and on 3rd downs. Coles replaces that, and then what does Josh do that Coles doesn't?

If we signed Coles, I see only 3 people who could go. Jenkins, Reed or Roscoe. They just gave Jenkins a long-term deal, and there's no one else in that group that can play special teams like he does. Roscoe is the best punt returner in the league, but its still possible they try to trade him. The most logical person to leave would be Reed. It is his role that is being upgraded and replaced. I think our 3 receivers would look great with Evans, Coles and Johnson. And then there's Hardy, and even Roscoe. I love all that Josh Reed has done for this team since he's been here, but if we sign Coles, he no longer has a role and a place IMO.

I disagree. Reed is our best slot receiver. Why keep a ST gunner instead of a guy who will see 30% of the offensive snaps?