Jet's Contenders?

Magox

I hear alot of talk of how the Jet's have really improved themselves so far. I think to myself....

Really???

Let's see here.

They have added Bart Scott and Lito Sheppard.

Bart Scott undoubtedly is an upgrade, but let's not forget Bart Scott's Supporting cast he has had over the years, there is little doubt in my mind that helped out his stock in the perception of many people. I'm not saying he is not an upgrade, but probably not as much as what the hype is.

Lito Sheppard, yes he has made a couple probowls, but we do realize that he wasn't even one of the starting db's for Philly last year right? He was the third db, so that is something else to consider.

They are making a push for Jim Leonhard. Ok, I actually would love for him to be in a Jet's uniform, there is no doubt that he looked much better than what he really is. I always remembered him as being small and slow. I just happened to watch on the NFL network a game today, where they showed the first game between the Ravens and Steelers, and he confirmed everything that I believe him to be. Slow and small, I saw on a couple of occasions how the rb's ran right through his tackles. He wouldn't be a plus at all, as a matter of my opinion he would be a liability.

QB position. As much flack as Brett Favre recieved, let's face it, he is much better than Clemmons. This is a huge hole that they have to fill, this alone makes them worse than the aquistions they have made so far.

WR Laverneous Coles, he may resign back with them, but if he doesn't, he is their best WR, no doubt that by him leaving that will hurt their pass attack, especially considering they have no QB up to this point.

TE Baker, sure they have Dustin Keller, but Baker counts for something, and he is not too shabby, so by losing him and maybe gaining Royal (haaa) no doubt that this is an downgrade.

I mean come on

No doubt up to now, this team is worse than last year.

Do you think the Jets are looking to trade up in the draft and snatch Sanchez?

I can't believe you just said that. I was just about to make a post stating that possibility. Maybe they go for Warner, if not, I would have to believe that they are targeting a qb in the draft. If they don't get Stafford or Sanchez, maybe Freeman is a possibility.

didnt we hear the same things last year when the Jets got Favre...look how that turned out

the Jets have a big hole at the most important position on a football team so unless they go out and get Cutler I really dont see them being any better then they were last year

They got the 5th best player on the Ravens and paid him $48 mil.

They traded a couple of draft picks for Philly's 4th corner.

And despite what Thomas Jones thinks, he is a very average back who wouldn't have sniffed a pro bowl without Farve.