This just in ...

damj

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read that along with Coles, QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, former Pittsburgh G Kendall Simmons, and the Carolina OL are going to be in for a visit today.

Nice ... Fitzpatrick might be a nice option at #2, though I would prefer a more experienced back-up ...

Coles and Evans are sort of similar players though, no? I would've thought they'd look for someone with a different skill set. Still, hearing a name player is coming to town is cause for a bit of excitement.

Same skill or not, defenses can't double both of them.

Coles and Evans are sort of similar players though, no? I would've thought they'd look for someone with a different skill set. Still, hearing a name player is coming to town is cause for a bit of excitement.

Would like to see Coles in a Bills uniform.

Nice for a name player, only thing is, is he using us as leverage

with some other team? Hope that's not the only reason he is in for

a visit.

Their skillset is similar, but Coles goes over the middle alot more. He'll run the short routes and work to rack up some YAC. He complained about having to do that alot in Washington though and that's when he got traded back to the Jets. I know he's a good WR, but he's been often injured and I don't know if he's really a good compliument for Evans for the long-term. He'd be better than anything we have after Evans though. <---All of the Reed supporters chime in after this statement :D

Would like to see Coles in a Bills uniform.

Nice for a name player, only thing is, is he using us as leverage

with some other team? Hope that's not the only reason he is in for

a visit.

You could be right, but ... there is a glaring need for WR here, so it's a good starting gig. I'll take it at face value.

Laveranues Coles

Birth Date December 29, 1977

Birth Place Jacksonville, FL

Height 5-11

Weight 193 lbs.

Age 31

Pronounced la-VERN-ee-us

Position WR

Experience 9 years

2008 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 75 | Grade indicates player is a good starter.

Alert: None

Comment: Coles is an eight-year veteran who has average size, but good overall athletic ability. He has decent push off the line of scrimmage with good quickness, balance and agility to be a solid route runner. He is a tough competitor who has good courage and concentration in traffic. He will extend away from his body over the middle, but may be best on perimeter patterns. He appears to have a good feel for the game and can convert routes effectively versus disguising coverages. Coles has enough speed to stretch deep zones, but isn't an explosive player. He is a well-built athlete who has some power to break tackles on the second level, but is best eluding defenders and getting upfield. He is a willing blocker, but his lack of size hinders his effectiveness. Coles is a good football player who uncharacteristically missed six games due to injury and still led the team in receiving touchdowns.