Owen Daniels

The Tomcat

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, if it requires a 1st and a 3rd to get him -- I would rather spend that 1st and 3rd on Anquain Boldin -- or save my draft picks and sign Housh, who is an UFA.

Agreed... :rolleyes:

Boldin would be a bigger difference maker and I think we can get him for a 1st and 3rd. Plus, AZ would be motivated to send him to us as it gets him out of their conference.

Actually, if it requires a 1st and a 3rd to get him -- I would rather spend that 1st and 3rd on Anquain Boldin -- or save my draft picks and sign Housh, who is an UFA.

It would only cost a 1st and 3rd if the Bills didn't pick up the phone and just tried to sign him. In reality, it will probably cost a 2nd and a 5th to pry him out of Houston. The same price the Saints paid for Shockey.

The problem is that Housh or Boldin are going to cost $$$ and on a team that is pinching pennies(cash to the cap). How much do you want to invest at the WR position?

Daniels is a PROVEN commodity at TE unlike Pettigrew, Coffman or any other UNPROVEN draft eligible player. I can't believe all the people who piss and moan year after year about how the Bills need a threat at TE, yet they now piss and moan that they don't want to give up any picks for Daniels.

Go back and take a look at some of the Bills 1st and 3rd round picks from recent years, and then come back and tell me how those picks are too valuable to give up for Daniels.

The problem is that Housh or Boldin are going to cost $$$ and on a team that is pinching pennies(cash to the cap). How much do you want to invest at the WR position?

Daniels is a PROVEN commodity at TE unlike Pettigrew, Coffman or any other UNPROVEN draft eligible player. I can't believe all the people who piss and moan year after year about how the Bills need a threat at TE, yet they now piss and moan that they don't want to give up any picks for Daniels.

Go back and take a look at some of the Bills 1st and 3rd round picks from recent years, and then come back and tell me how those picks are too valuable to give up for Daniels.

A first and a third is a steep price to pay, but like you say, with Daniels you know what you are getting. With draft picks, not so much.

Daniels is a young, still improving player who made the pro bowl. His reception and yard numbers have grown each year, with 70 and 862 last year.

I'm sure the Bills are trying to work out a deal for him, whether or not it will happen is another story. I would lbe cool if the Bills gave Houston a 2nd and a 5th in a sign and trade deal.

Is our FO going to be able to find a Pro-Bowler with our 1st and 3rd in the draft?? I would say we have an outside chance at best.

FA is the only way we can grab that type of talent and even then DJ and crew will play conservative and never use him the right anyways so it will not matter.

Is our FO going to be able to find a Pro-Bowler with our 1st and 3rd in the draft?? I would say we have an outside chance at best.

FA is the only way we can grab that type of talent and even then DJ and crew will play conservative and never use him the right anyways so it will not matter.

Seriously... just leave. We could sign Jesus, and you would say DJ would make him useless.

I like Daniels but we would be on crack if we gave up a first and third for him. 11th pick is pretty good. Lets not piss it away like we did for RJ. Kind of ironic if Fred Taylor came here. That is whom Jacksonville chose with the RJ pick