DE/DT Tyson Jackson LSU

NY Nole

Pat Kirwin (Sirius) mentioned his name as someone that the Bills have shown interest in at the combine. He said that he talked to Fewell at the combine over the weekend. Kirwin seemed to indicate him as being someone that they would move down for in a possible trade scenario. Any thoughts on this guy?

He's 6-4 295 and Mayock has him ranked #2 Defensive End. Any thoughts on this potential RD #1 surprise pick?

the guy is slow... Has very little DE moves, and doesn't appear to be very strong.... Has no top performances in any combine drill so far...

we need some speed and power at the DE position...

I don't think Tyson Jackson is the answer to our pass rushing problems. It seems to me that he's more of a 3-4 end...

He is. In the Bills defense he's a situational under tackle. Not worth picking

Personally in the first 2 rds I'm hoping for something along the lines of

Evrette Brown/Clint Sintim or Maualuga/English or Cody Brown

He wouldn't be my first choice, but it does make sense. They got their RDE prospect last year. Now, they need a LDE. I'm not so sure about the pass rushing aspect of his game, but he'd be an upgrade against the run and could potentially shift inside on passing downs. They might even consider him as a full-time DT, which would make me barf (please, no more undersized DTs), but its a possibility.

Pat Kirwin (Sirius) mentioned his name as someone that the Bills have shown interest in at the combine. He said that he talked to Fewell at the combine over the weekend. Kirwin seemed to indicate him as being someone that they would move down for in a possible trade scenario. Any thoughts on this guy?

He's 6-4 295 and Mayock has him ranked #2 Defensive End. Any thoughts on this potential RD #1 surprise pick?

I've mentioned this in an earlier post and got flamed for it... this guy actually rated as a REAL DE in the draft Ayers Jackson and Brown. All the other players everyone is talking about are projected OLB's. That's not to say they couldn't play DE in the NFL

I know the majority on this board is clamoring for a pass rushing DE,light and fast with a quick initial burst to get to the QB.

The thing is with Buffalo's "Tampa 2" defense, the only players that are supposed to be rushing the QB are the 4 defensive lineman,the entire scheme is designed so that they only need to rush the front 4. That's their job,to get to the QB and stop the run.

Considering the Bills defense was far worse at run defense then it was at pass defense last season even without their best pass rusher I"d rather see them draft a bigger player who is a senior and will make the transition to the NFL faster then an underclassman. I'd rather see them draft a guy like Tyson Jackson to not only rush the passer but STOP THE RUN!

If the Bills were to trade back in the first round they might be able to get Tyson Jackson DE at #20 and perhaps still get Brandon Pettigrew TE late in the first round, which would save them #11 money also.

Mayock top rated DE's & OLB's

Defensive ends

Rk Player School

1 Robert Ayers Tennessee 6'3'' 270 SR

2 Tyson Jackson LSU 6' 5'' 290 SR

3 Everrette Brown Florida State 6' 4'' 250 (JR)as a JR may need more time to develop

4 Paul Kruger Utah 6'5'' 265 (SO)as a SO may need more time to develop

5 Michael Johnson Georgia Tech 6' 7'' 270 SR

Outside linebackers

1 Aaron Curry Wake Forest 6'3'' 240 SR

2 Brian Orakpo Texas 6'4'' 260 SR

3 *Aaron Maybin Penn State 6'4'' 248 (SO) as a SO may take more time to develop

4 Brian Cushing Southern California 6'3'' 243 SR

5 Larry English Northern Illinois 6'4'' 254 SR

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true

From ESPN who has him rated the 20th pick in the first round:

Overall Football Traits

Production 2 Redshirted in 2004. Played in 12 of 13 games in 2005 as a reserve. Took over as a fulltime starter in 2006 (Sophomore), finishing with 37 total tackles, 10 TFL and 8.5 sacks in 13 games. He started all 14 games as a junior in 2007, finishing with 36 total tackles, 3.5 sacks, 10 PBUs and 15 QBHs.

Height-Weight-Speed 3 Excellent all-around size. Is tall and well-proportioned. Speed is adequate for such a massive DE prospect but below average for the position

Durability 1 Has played in 40 games during his three seasons (2005-'07), including 27 consecutive starts heading into his senior year (2008

Character 2 Needs to show a more consistent motor on the field. However, he does not have any off-the-field incidents to our knowledge and he is considered by the coaches to be one of the core leaders on LSU's football team

Defensive End specific Traits

Agility/Quickness 3 Moves well for his size and plays very much under control. However, he's not a typical highly-regarded DE prospect with explosive burst. He lacks ideal quick-twitch athlete and loses too much in transition when changing directions

Strength/Toughness 2 He flashes a mean streak but would like to see him play with more consistent effort. Otherwise, his game is built around size, strength and power. There are not many DE's coming out of college with his phone booth skills

Instincts 2 Displays good overall awareness and recognition skills. Finds the ball quickly and also plays with discipline. Gets his arms up as a pass rusher and bats down more throws than most DE's

Pass Rusher 3 Can win some battles with power moves. Shows the ability to drive OT's back into the QB. Has some strong upper-body moves to get an OT off-balance, but lacks closing burst to consistently take advantage. Will never

be a threat to turn the corner with pure speed off the edge in the NFL. Will always be a better run-plugger than pass rusher

Run Stopper 1 Is an outstanding run defender. Big-bodied DE with a wide base, long arms and big hands. Can stack and shed. Powerful hitter with adequate wrap-up skills in space, especially for such a big D-lineman

Trait Scale

1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/...raftyear%3d2009

Dunno about the rest of you guys, but I'm sick of watching the Patriots take some scrub RB and have him rush for over 100 yards against the bills twice a year.