It is not the 50th Anniversary!

The Bills were founded in 1959, beginning play in 1960.

So was 1960 their inaugural season or their 1st anniversary season? You can't have it both ways. It should be noted that in all the releases from the team it is referred to as the 50th season. It is the headline makers that are calling it their 50th anniversary.

If the first year was 1959, and the first actual season was 1960 it would be the 50th anniversary of the team, would it not? Next year would be the 50th season? In any event...who gives a shyt? I think we actually had a few years where we probably shouldn't count it as real seasons..the dan darragh, kay stephenson years come to mind.

I have quite a full and rich life but thank you for caring. I think the inability to count, or spell for that matter, whether it be the check out person or my favorite football team is embarrassing. But you do have the right to come up with such brilliant retorts.

Must be very "full and rich life" based on the time you wasted ridiculing the Bills for correctly calling this season the 50th anniversary and picking out a misspelled word in my post.

It is the 50th season, not the 50th anniversary. Please don't embarrass us further.

You know we should all write the Commisioner let him know that his team got it wrong becuase the AFL teams are celebrating their 50 th season prematurely.

If founded in 1959 and we are not celebrating the 50th anniversary of its founding but the 50th season of its existence then Next year would be the 50th season since the first season was played in 1960.

Someones got to make the correction here.

Side note: I like the Raiders and Pats 50 th patches better than ours thus far.

If the first year was 1959, and the first actual season was 1960 it would be the 50th anniversary of the team, would it not? Next year would be the 50th season? In any event...who gives a shyt? I think we actually had a few years where we probably shouldn't count it as real seasons..the dan darragh, kay stephenson years come to mind.

As silvermike noted, the team's official "birthday" is October 28, 1959. And if you do the math, this is indeed the 50th season that the former AFL franchises will take the field. All previous celebrations -- the Silver Anniversary team in 1984, the 35th in 1994, etc. -- have honored the D.O.B., not the date the first game was played. I see no problem with continuing the tradition.

You know we should all write the Commisioner let him know that his team got it wrong becuase the AFL teams are celebrating their 50 th season prematurely.

If founded in 1959 and we are not celebrating the 50th anniversary of its founding but the 50th season of its existence then Next year would be the 50th season since the first season was played in 1960.

Someones got to make the correction here.

Side note: I like the Raiders and Pats 50 th patches better than ours thus far.

Didn't mean to confuse you. It is the 50th season, it is not the 50th anniversary season.

Get a life, you defame Preston by using his name.

Thank you and others of the same ilk who have given anecdotal evidence proving the hypothesis that if you took all the money in the world and distributed it evenly throughout the population, within 9 months the people that now make up the top 10% of the wealthiest would again make up the top 10%.

I'll look forward to your next enlightened response after you have time to call somone to explain this to you.

I agree! I think we should only own up to ~30 seasons. No way we should let last season go down a season of record for the franchise.

I'm also a little confused by all this season vs anniversary stuff. Is it kinda like how the Chinese call what we call the first birthday your 2nd because your first birthday is the day you're actually born?

Bills announce plans for 50th Anniversary Season

Chris Brown, Lead Journalist

Posted Feb 23, 2009

Okay, so it's either the 50th Season or 50th Anniversary Season but not the 50th Anniversary. Glad to know it.

By the way, the Bills have completed 49 seasons so therefore...

it is called the fence post analogy. or some such thing, so yes it is the fiftieth season. season/anniversary, tomato/tomato

i really don't care i just want to cheer for a winner for a change.

Thank you and others of the same ilk who have given anecdotal evidence proving the hypothesis that if you took all the money in the world and distributed it evenly throughout the population, within 9 months the people that now make up the top 10% of the wealthiest would again make up the top 10%.

I'll look forward to your next enlightened response after you have time to call somone to explain this to you.

You like people to think you're smart, don't you? This isn't exactly hard to figure out what you are saying...you think you and certain others are better than the majority. Your big fancy words show that.

However, the original premise for the topic at hand, however inane, is still ridiculously over thought and really, since you posted it, overstated.

:thumbsup: