Kitna anyone?

freester

Stats mean nothing. I live in Detroit, I worked for a TV station and covered this guy. He threw games away with bone head plays time after time. He can pi$$ away a win faster than JP. When another poster mentioned his rather bizzare shtick, he was right on. I'd be standing there at his locker during an interview listening on how god healed him so he could go in and win the game. I always wondered where god went after that game because Kitna and the Lions were the worst team in the NFL.

Okay that's fine jkx. I trust your take on Kitna but then

who do we bring in as a backup in your opinion?

He'd be a very good pick up. Lots of experience, good head on his shoulders and he won't lose games for you. Remember people, we are looking for a backup, so don't expect to get some sort of super human qb, and for those who say, let's look for the next Brady or lightning in a bottle approach. Do you have any idea what the odd's are that you can find a qb like this. I can tell you it's less than %5. So if we go with this wreckless approach and HOPE to find this qb, what will most likely happen is that when given the opportunity this qb will have no business in playing in the game when called upon, won't be prepared and ultimately won't be the qb that we were expecting.

So that idea, is not a good one. The right approach is someone who will step in and not lose the game for you. Kitna fits the tee perfect.

Guys, the dude threw for over 4000 yards in 06 and 07...AND HE WAS ON THE LIONS. I hate stats, they are meaningless. But this guy can still ball, and the numbers proof it in this case. He was placed on the IR this year, and the Lions would have won a few games if he wasnt. Now lets not hand him the keys, but in 2-3 games a year he could let it fly. Great addition.

Guys, the dude threw for over 4000 yards in 06 and 07...AND HE WAS ON THE LIONS. I hate stats, they are meaningless. But this guy can still ball, and the numbers proof it in this case. He was placed on the IR this year, and the Lions would have won a few games if he wasnt. Now lets not hand him the keys, but in 2-3 games a year he could let it fly. Great addition.

I thought he must be good or at least alright considering those stats - until I watched him play. He loses games with his play. That's really the bottom line. He holds onto the ball too long, he makes bad decisions, and he turns the ball over.

I can't think of a QB in the league that I want less than Kitna.

Agreed. Kitna was always a pretty solid QB.

PTR

I'd welcome Kitna as a backup, if I was assured he would accept the #2 position with grace and humility. I just doubt that he would.

Stats mean nothing. I live in Detroit, I worked for a TV station and covered this guy. He threw games away with bone head plays time after time. He can pi$$ away a win faster than JP. When another poster mentioned his rather bizzare shtick, he was right on. I'd be standing there at his locker during an interview listening on how god healed him so he could go in and win the game. I always wondered where god went after that game because Kitna and the Lions were the worst team in the NFL.

The Lions weren't the worst team in the NFL when he played for them.

Not sure how Martz's offense "inflated" QB sacks. I thougth it was the crappy O-line. Let's bring Martz AND Kitna.

And who cares what he says in his interviews--maybe you are pining for our current backup QB's post game gems: "ah....ah....um....like....you know.....I thought I played pretty good....ah.....um." As he goes on to blame everyone around him for another JP stinkbomb.

I don't think Kitna would be too bad of a backup. If not him, I'd try for Leftwich, Batch, or Anthony Wright. I know Wright's stats aren't great which will cause him to be dismissed out of hand by many here, but I've seen him play in Dallas and Baltimore. Pretty solid and has experience. Was QB for Baltimore when they went to the playoffs a couple of years ago. Would be cheap. Could definitely give us a chance to win if TE or whoever is the starter gets hurt. He's high on my list as a FA backup.

I thought he must be good or at least alright considering those stats - until I watched him play. He loses games with his play. That's really the bottom line. He holds onto the ball too long, he makes bad decisions, and he turns the ball over.

I can't think of a QB in the league that I want less than Kitna.

Really, you would too if your team was 0-16. Sure alot smarter than Losman.

The Bills may well need two QBs, unless they really have more faith in Gibran Hamdan than they let on. They need a backup QB who can come in and play a few series/games without requiring an overhaul of the offense, creating a quarterback controversy, or making us wish we had just forfeited. Any ability to get Trent a few pointers would be a huge plus.

And then, as someone said above, it's almost certainly worth having a longshot prospect in the emergency QB role. Just in case you find a diamond in the rough. But I'd hate to rely on a shot in the dark to take out the Pats.

I don't think Kitna would be too bad of a backup. If not him, I'd try for Leftwich, Batch, or Anthony Wright. I know Wright's stats aren't great which will cause him to be dismissed out of hand by many here, but I've seen him play in Dallas and Baltimore. Pretty solid and has experience. Was QB for Baltimore when they went to the playoffs a couple of years ago. Would be cheap. Could definitely give us a chance to win if TE or whoever is the starter gets hurt. He's high on my list as a FA backup.

CIN signed Wright for the '06 season as insurance in case Palmer couldn't play.

He took most every snap in the pre-season, and was competent. Good attitude...he left CIN for NYG on good terms.

The Bills may well need two QBs, unless they really have more faith in Gibran Hamdan than they let on. They need a backup QB who can come in and play a few series/games without requiring an overhaul of the offense, creating a quarterback controversy, or making us wish we had just forfeited. Any ability to get Trent a few pointers would be a huge plus.

I'd prefer just to groom a late round QB who fits your system as a backup.....but then again that would require running the same system more than 2 years in a row!

I'd prefer just to groom a late round QB who fits your system as a backup.....but then again that would require running the same system more than 2 years in a row!

Ideally, yeah. I'd be happy if we could find ourselves a long-term backup in the draft - so I wouldn't be disappointed if we ended up with a backup QB this year who wasn't planning on sticking around for more than a year or two.