Heard on ESPN radio/Van Pelt Bills interested in acquiring Cassell

Willis990

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills gave them an extra #1 for Drew.

since that time they have continued to trade one of their extra first rounder for a higher in the next draft.

they typically don't draft 2 1st rounders in the same year. Last year they lost the extra pick due to cheating.

It would be fitting for the Bills to get them back on track with an extra 1st rounder.

-- Except it will be Brady who they trade and who will never play at a high level again for the Bills.

Bills traded their #1, not an extra. After the trade the Bills had no #1 in 2003. Before the 2003 draft the Bills traded Peerless Price to Atlanta for their #1 so they ended up with a #1 but at the time of the trade the pick was not an "extra" #1

That would be sheer brilliance to trade a 1st, much less an additional 2nd and 3rd, for Brady, before he even comes back to play. But I'd do it...if Moss and Welker came with him, not to mention their videotape guy.

The stuff just writes itself.

Actually, it did. You see, that's what happens when a team gets caught cheating by videotaping and players get caught taking performance enhancing drugs, not to mention the other allegation of additional frequencies. I'm sure if they were a black Bills RB, you'd be more upset. :sick:

The prosecution rests because it has NO REBUTTAL. There is NO NFL fan in America & Canada that does not think the MAJORITY of Pats* vets were/are on the ROIDS except for Pats* fan. The evidence may be circumstantial, but it is overwhelming.

THAT'S your rebuttal?

There is "overwhelming" "circumstantial" evidence that the "MAJORITY of Pats vets were/are" on "the ROIDS"? And EVERYONE in North America knows this, EXCEPT Pats fans?

So, essentially, you can make ANY claim about a team, no matter how fantastical, and if someone challenges you, they MUST be a "fan" of that team?

hahaha. Like I said.......funny funny funny stuff.

And VOR--nice try with the "black" comment. A knucklehead can come in any color. The irony of your weak jab is that you and yours are the ones using demeaning racial stereotypes--implying Lynch's race is an excuse for his poor behavior. Why don't you just come out and say what you really mean, which is "let's not be so harsh on Lynch---that's what these people from the ghetto are like, it's all they know."

THAT'S your rebuttal?

There is "overwhelming" "circumstantial" evidence that the "MAJORITY of Pats vets were/are" on "the ROIDS"? And EVERYONE in North America knows this, EXCEPT Pats fans?

So, essentially, you can make ANY claim about a team, no matter how fantastical, and if someone challenges you, they MUST be a "fan" of that team?

And VOR--nice try with the "black" comment. A knucklehead can come in any color. The irony of your weak jab is that you and yours are the ones using demeaning racial stereotypes--implying Lynch's race is an excuse for his poor behavior. Why don't you just come out and say what you really mean, which is "let's not be so harsh on Lynch---that's what these people from the ghetto are like, it's all they know."

"Poor behavior?" When?

-Hitting that woman and leaving the scene? The DA didn't seem to think Lynch was drunk and/or that he knew he hit her, therefore it wasn't poor behavior, it was an accident.

-Not talking about the incident with anyone but his lawyer until he was charged with a traffic ticket? That's not poor behavior, that's being smart and listening to his lawyer.

-Having "blunts" in his car? There's no proof there were, and the cops' decision not to charge him lends credence to the belief that it was an allegation created to search his car. It is no more credible than the steroid allegations against the Patriots that you so scoffingly dismiss. Yet you believe one and not the other.

-Finding a loaded, concealed, unregistered weapon not on his person, but somewhere (some places I've read in the trunk and other places I've read on one of his buddies) in the car? Again I wouldn't call that poor behavior, but instead being dumb. It's not like he used it or allegedly flashed it at dear old dad. Everyone with even a lick of common sense knows it was for protection. And there was no report of him refusing the search, resisting arrest or even shouting "I'M MARSHAWN LYNCH! I'M WORTH MILLIONS!"

Uh huh...great. I don't see anyone taking away their rings though, so what does that mean? You wouldnt take it? I would and so would you if you're being honest.

I would not want the Pats* rings. They are much like most dot.com stocks, they looked great for a while & had VALUE, today they are WORTHLESS.

THAT'S your rebuttal?

My original point was if you did not believe most Pats* Vets were on ROIDS then you must be a Pats* fan. The reason for this is as I said OVERWHELMING circumstancial evidence. I can elaborate for you. MORE than one Pats* vet is KNOWN to have used ROIDS. A NUMBER of Pats* Vets played FAR BETTER than MOST players of their ADVANCED age. Jr Seau is a good example, he SUCKED while on the Fins, all the sudden in N.E.* he played like he was 10 years younger & he was a YEAR OLDER. His play should have remained the same as when he was a Fish or worse NOT better. Add to this the Pats* known penchant for cheating & the evidence is OVERWHELMING. That is the reason EVERY Fan outside N.E. believes MOST Pats* Vets were/are on ROIDS. Now go ahead & tell me you are not a Pats* fan.

I'd question the rationale for either party to make such a trade. If the Patriots believe Cassell is a talented and on the rise QB then they'd be hesitant to trade him to team in their division. If on the other hand, they'd entertain such a trade the Bills would be wise to run as fast as they can in the other direction. Recall trading Bledsoe to the Bills was not a problem for Mr. Bill because he felt Drew would be no threat to the Patriots supremacy, even going to a division rival. This proved to be correct. So what's changed since then? What's the saying about history? Those who ignore it are doomed to repeat it, or something like that.

Or, the pats know that there is some value to Cassel having such a great year for them and know that some team will give them something that they franchised him with no intentions of keeping him and will trade him to whomever gives them the best deal, rather then get nothing for him.

But chances are you are right, in a deal with a divisional team, they won't make the deal if they think he will come back and beat them

For a 3rd this year and a 1st next year. Menthion of Wilson really liking him

I believe they where interested in him before the franchise tag was placed on him. I would be surprised if they are even thinking about it anymore. He is not a good enouigh player to merit 2 first round picks

I believe they where interested in him before the franchise tag was placed on him. I would be surprised if they are even thinking about it anymore. He is not a good enouigh player to merit 2 first round picks

Pats overplayed their hand, I hope they enjoy 20% of their salary cap being tied up in 2 players.