Lets discuss the Obama Stimulus

It wasn't the Democrats that supported cutting taxes while fighting two wars which weren't included in the budget, that was Bush and the then-Republican majority. And the Republicans want to still continue that failed budget policy. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed the ridiculous statements must have come from the right wing talking heads, not from someone you knew. Sorry.

It is my understanding that as many as 38 Senate seats are up in 2010. You think it's "ridiculous" that the right could possibly win back a number of important seats in two years? Really? You have THAT much confidence in the current administration -- especially given how they have spent the last month tripping over their own tongues and tails -- that nothing could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes::pirate:

I have bad news for you. Most people don't sit around like you do thinking about how the Republican party is the party of Satan. MOST Americans don't give a shiiit about anything except themselves. This is the land of "What have you done for me lately?" and as soon as people start realizing that all this spending from Obama and his friends is NOT paying for their gas and mortgage, and most of the money is going to the friends of Obama who helped put him in office...and as soon as the media decides to turn on the very people they have elevated to this incredible position, people won't remember a goddamn thing except that Obama and the Democrats have screwed them and they will want to make things right.

It may take longer than two years, but people WILL realize that throwing money at problems has NEVER been a good answer, regardless of who is in power.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my understanding that as many as 38 Senate seats are up in 2010. You think it's "ridiculous" that the right could possibly win back a number of important seats in two years? Really? You have THAT much confidence in the current administration -- especially given how they have spent the last month tripping over their own tongues and tails -- that nothing could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes::pirate:

I have bad news for you. Most people don't sit around like you do thinking about how the Republican party is the party of Satan. MOST Americans don't give a shiiit about anything except themselves. This is the land of "What have you done for me lately?" and as soon as people start realizing that all this spending from Obama and his friends is NOT paying for their gas and mortgage, and most of the money is going to the friends of Obama who helped put him in office...and as soon as the media decides to turn on the very people they have elevated to this incredible position, people won't remember a goddamn thing except that Obama and the Democrats have screwed them and they will want to make things right.

It may take longer than two years, but people WILL realize that throwing money at problems has NEVER been a good answer, regardless of who is in power.

Too bad Bush and the Repubs didn't believe your opinion about throwing money around.

Why did the Democrats win so many seats? Because most that switched were moderate Repubs in moderate districts that had similar views on many issues as Dems, but blindly supported Bush's policies when it came time to vote. They put party ahead of good policy. So voters rejected them for supporting Bush's failed policies, and are unlikely to switch back again. Fool me once, shame on you...

The remaining Repubs are in more conservative districts, and unless and until the Repubs change their positions on trickle down economics and social restrictions on individual rights, they will continue to become a regionalized party. Maybe Hip-Hop Steele will help change their positions, but I doubt it.

Too bad Bush and the Repubs didn't believe your opinion about throwing money around.

Why did the Democrats win so many seats? Because most that switched were moderate Repubs in moderate districts that had similar views on many issues as Dems, but blindly supported Bush's policies when it came time to vote. They put party ahead of good policy. So voters rejected them for supporting Bush's failed policies, and are unlikely to switch back again. Fool me once, shame on you...

The remaining Repubs are in more conservative districts, and unless and until the Repubs change their positions on trickle down economics and social restrictions on individual rights, they will continue to become a regionalized party. Maybe Hip-Hop Steele will help change their positions, but I doubt it.

You keep missing the point, and somehow I keep being surprised by that and I'm not sure why.

What Obama and his ilk are doing right now with stimulus after stimulus after stimulus is a very, very bad idea, and that truth will become evident to America, at which time they will really want change...again. It may happen in two years, it may happen in four, but it IS going to happen because, again, THROWING MONEY around the way the Democrats are doing seems good for immediate gratification but will !@#$ this country in the long term.

You somehow think that what the Democrats are doing right now is actually A GOOD IDEA. I can't help you with that thinking. Time will tell. Without question, time will tell.

You keep missing the point, and somehow I keep being surprised by that and I'm not sure why.

What Obama and his ilk are doing right now with stimulus after stimulus after stimulus is a very, very bad idea, and that truth will become evident to America, at which time they will really want change...again. It may happen in two years, it may happen in four, but it IS going to happen because, again, THROWING MONEY around the way the Democrats are doing seems good for immediate gratification but will !@#$ this country in the long term.

You somehow think that what the Democrats are doing right now is actually A GOOD IDEA. I can't help you with that thinking. Time will tell. Without question, time will tell.

True, they will really want change (again), but will the Republican party be that change? Not sure about that. Perhaps the time is right for a third party? The Libertarians? I hope so.

I HAVE A PARTICULAR SET OF SKILLS, SKILLS I HAVE ACQUIRED OVER A LONG CAREER, SKILLS THAT MAKE ME A NIGHTMARE FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

Ya this Gov't money is working wonders. Chase just called me with a 13.99% balance transfer offer. 2 years ago it was 3.72. My credit is the same, high 7 hundreds. And I just saw American express is offering cardholders $300 to close there accounts. I thought part of all this was to get people spending again?

So why do you carry a balance if you're so "smart"?

It is my understanding that as many as 38 Senate seats are up in 2010. You think it's "ridiculous" that the right could possibly win back a number of important seats in two years? Really? You have THAT much confidence in the current administration -- especially given how they have spent the last month tripping over their own tongues and tails -- that nothing could possibly go wrong? :blink::P

You're kidding? You mean there's a chance that the President's party can lose seats in Congress during the mid-term elections of his first term? But that never happens!

Is this what passes for "insight" around here?

By doing this you are engaging in the practice of market timing. Academic research has shown this to be a very unwise investment strategy. Dr. William Bernstein's book The Four Pillars Of Investing is absolutely required reading for any investor. As he says in the book, young investors should get down on their hands and knees and pray for a market crash.

Yep!

Of course they don't want people doing it (timing)... They want my money in "the confidence game" at all times.

What is wrong with timing if you do it right?

Slice off the tops of "the peaks"... As long as in the end you have enough and it out paces inflation, I am cool with it.