Ravens cut CB Chris McAlister

lets_go_bills

This guy was one of the best in the biz only a few short years ago. If Greer leaves and McAlister can be had for less, maybe we should give him a look for a one or two year deal.

It all hinges on how the FO feels about our corners but adding an experienced veteran couldn't hurt. Not seeing we need CBs but it's something to consider given the Greer scenario.

EDIT:

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3911564

This guy was one of the best in the biz only a few short years ago. If Greer leaves and McCalister can be had for less, maybe we should give him a look for a one or two year deal.

It all hinges on how the FO feels about our corners but adding an experienced veteran couldn't hurt. Not seeing we need CBs but it's something to consider given the Greer scenario.

I like McCallister, but injuries to his knees have slowed him down in recent years. Still, I wouldn't mind adding him to the mix

We should sign him, Greer, and every other free agent corner. We should then trade down inn the draft for an extra 2nd and draft 8 corners. Do the same thing next year at safety, and Jauron might be satisfied wrt the secondary.

And then we can still have the corners give 8 yard cushions and have the safeties play 47 yds deep in soft zone coverages and we can lose every single division game again!

This guy was one of the best in the biz only a few short years ago. If Greer leaves and McCalister can be had for less, maybe we should give him a look for a one or two year deal.

EDIT:

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3911564

McKelvin was our starting CB for the last part of the season and he did fine. One thing the Bills are good at is drafting and grooming young corners.

There is a reason why Baltimore is going to let him go. Hes lost a step and for his style of play that means hes done... flat out done. We are so much better off if we can just get Greer to resign to a somewhat reasonable deal and have strong depth and planning for the future.

It astounds me how seemingly every player cut from another team instantly becomes "someone the Bills should look at".

WTF happened to the knowledgeable football people that used to post here???

Are you serious?

The thread was about the fact that McCalister was cut and that as we reshape our roster, he's someone we can consider. Every player available is someone we should look at because until we start making the playoffs we're not good enough. Our roster has holes.

According to your logic, not looking at all available players as we enter free agency is knowledgeable. Actually, it's the antithesis of knowledgeable. Congrats, how does the foot in your mouth taste? ;)

Are you serious?

The thread was about the fact that McCalister was cut and that as we reshape our roster, he's someone we can consider. Every player available is someone we should look at because until we start making the playoffs we're not good enough. Our roster has holes.

According to your logic, not looking at all available players as we enter free agency is knowledgeable. Actually, it's the antithesis of knowledgeable. Congrats, how does the foot in your mouth taste? ;)

Ok Einstein I'll play.

Ask yourself this question: "Why was McCallister released" Was it because he's a cap casualty or because he's lost a step and can't cover anymore? If that answer is the latter then you don't consider him. period. Just because you've heard of him doesn't mean he makes us better. If the Bills don't spend a massive amount of their available money in free agency to bolster the DL and DE positions then we won't win five games next year. For God sakes you don't even know if the "best" DE we have is even going to make it back from his injury.

You keep throwing up those moronic posts though, every one just confirms your lack of understanding of the basics of NFL football.

Ok Einstein I'll play.

Ask yourself this question: "Why was McCallister released" Was it because he's a cap casualty or because he's lost a step and can't cover anymore? If that answer is the latter then you don't consider him. period. Just because you've heard of him doesn't mean he makes us better. If the Bills don't spend a massive amount of their available money in free agency to bolster the DL and DE positions then we won't win five games next year. For God sakes you don't even know if the "best" DE we have is even going to make it back from his injury.

You keep throwing up those moronic posts though, every one just confirms your lack of understanding of the basics of NFL football.

Yah maybe he has lost a step, but the 8 Million they are saving might go a long way to help sign all those linebackers they have.

Ok Einstein I'll play.

Your comment was ignorant and I didn't like it. It wasn't necessary to jump down my throat like that. The guy was a cap casualty and had been hurt the past two years. But he had been great before. I never said he's the answer to our prayers or that he would fix our woes. Or even that we needed him. But going with today's theme of Greer threads I honestly felt that this available CB is news of relevance. I also never said that our DE situation wasn't an issue. This was a thread about a CB and you turned into a personal attack on me. Thanks.

I'm not a GM, nor to be I pretend to be but somehow because you have a different opinion, internet access and a keyboard my post is bad and you're a football genius? Let's be realistic and let's be civil.

Your comment was ignorant and I didn't like it. It wasn't necessary to jump down my throat like that. The guy was a cap casualty and had been hurt the past two years. But he had been great before. I never said he's the answer to our prayers or that he would fix our woes. Or even that we needed him. But going with today's theme of Greer threads I honestly felt that this available CB is news of relevance. I also never said that our DE situation wasn't an issue. This was a thread about a CB and you turned into a personal attack on me. Thanks.

I'm not a GM, nor to be I pretend to be but somehow because you have a different opinion, internet access and a keyboard my post is bad and you're a football genius? Let's be realistic and let's be civil.

u

You post this "According to your logic, not looking at all available players as we enter free agency is knowledgeable. Actually, it's the antithesis of knowledgeable. Congrats, how does the foot in your mouth taste? " and then get all sensitive about him "attacking" you??? Get a set of Kahona pal or have your wife post.

Ok Einstein I'll play.

People like you are the true morons.

Was lets go bills suggesting that we sign McAlister to a 3 year, 89 million dollar contract to be our best defensive player since Bruce Smith? Obviously not.

If we can sign McAlister for 1-2 mil a year and have him play some nickel/dime and groom guys like McKelvin/Corner, is it worth it? Hell yeah.

So.....your the moron.

u

You post this "According to your logic, not looking at all available players as we enter free agency is knowledgeable. Actually, it's the antithesis of knowledgeable. Congrats, how does the foot in your mouth taste? " and then get all sensitive about him "attacking" you??? Get a set of Kahona pal or have your wife post.

Well, I do have the right to defend myself from ignorance. And I'm not interested in continuing this insanity. Thank you.

I think it's reasonable to think that when anyone gets released that you take that player into some sort of consideration. Some get lots more consideration than others based on need, scheme, age, talent, etc.

McCalister no doubt when healthy is a top tier db, considering he has been hit with the injury bug over the last couple years, his high price tag and the big time players that the Ravens need to resign, he is more of a cap casualty than anything else.

Having said that, I don't see him getting any sort of serious consideration from the Bills Brass, He most likely will go for a lot more than $2 Million a year and we do have good depth at the DB position.