In honor of President's Day

Kingfish

Re: FDR.

http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/belie...ticle?oid=49674

"In the immediate aftermath of the second World War, President Harry Truman was stunned to find that record numbers of 19-year-old draftees were rejected because of malnourishment during their formative years, which happened to be during the Great Depression."

Reagan should be higher than Kennedy....JFK was only in office for 3 years.

Washington should be #1, Lincoln #2 no question.

Eisenhower should not be that high.

Do they say 42 previous presidents of the white house because Washington never lived there?

Lincoln rules, Buchanan sucks. Discuss.

http://www.c-span.org/PresidentialSurvey/p...hip-survey.aspx

What exactly did Kennedy do besides screw up the bay of pigs,Marlene Monroe,and get us up to necks in V.M? I have never understood the the cult of personality behind him. Oh he got shot so I guess it is the forever Young thing

What exactly did Kennedy do besides screw up the bay of pigs,Marlene Monroe,and get us up to necks in V.M? I have never understood the the cult of personality behind him. Oh he got shot so I guess it is the forever Young thing

Does the Cuban Missile Crisis ring a bell?

Since I was living next to camp Pendleton at the time,yes it does. Even as a 6 year old I knew it was a scary situation, but anyone who looks at it today, realizes Kennedy was holding a royal flush and saw the USSR was drawing to a inside straight. Do you think there was ever a real threat of a nuclear attack from Cuba? Again, the JFK mystique.

'

Does Bay of Pigs? Or the Ba'athist takeover of Iraq (which his administration backed)? Or Vietnam?

But then, he did guide the space program to the moon, proposed the Civil Rights Act. On whole...I've never considered his presidency bad, just overrated. Same with Lincoln's, for that matter.

Does Bay of Pigs? Or the Ba'athist takeover of Iraq (which his administration backed)? Or Vietnam?

But then, he did guide the space program to the moon, proposed the Civil Rights Act. On whole...I've never considered his presidency bad, just overrated. Same with Lincoln's, for that matter.

We got to the moon 5 years after he was dead.Johnson passed the civil rights act,against members of his own party. Again the die Young effect, and people will forever say "he would have done this,or that,because I heard him talk about it"

I liken it to Kurt Cobain....Nirvana was going downhill at the end, their last album kinda sucked and the alternative love fest was ending. If he didn't put a bullet through his head (or if Courtney didn't) then he likely would have fallen into obscurity.

But because he ate a bullet at the right time...he's a cult personality forever. Same with JFK.

Some say Jim Morrison is another example, but that's a topic for another day.

LBJ was the real hero of civil rights and never gets credit for it.

I would give Kennedy credit for the moon though...he got that ball rolling. Of course if you believe we went to the moon. Cough.

Kennedy was prob good, but not top 10

No way was Lincoln overrated...not only did he deal with the civil war....his wife was a f-ing nutjob and he lost a couple kids. How he held that all together is mind boggling.