DAYTONA 500 Final it NASCAR Time

Hammered a Lot

What a moron he is. It pisses me off that he managed to get out of that wreck unscathed. :wallbash: I'd be really pissed if Bobby had been knocked out of it.

They should park him for the rest of the day. At least he didn't get the free pass.

And the local station is pissing me off. They are running a scroll about the DTV change every couple of minutes right over the running order, so you can't see the order.

They should park him for the rest of the day. At least he didn't get the free pass.

And the local station is pissing me off. They are running a scroll about the DTV change every couple of minutes right over the running order, so you can't see the order.

That's really irritating. I don't have that over the running order but I hate how they cut away to things that cover the running order. Can't they keep the running order up when they go to replays?

Matt Kenseth's come all the way from 43rd to lead. They red-flagged and are now in a rain delay. 48 laps to go.

Sadler's running fifth right now, and was in the lead right before the yellow flag...he's had a whale of a race.

Matt Kenseth's come all the way from 43rd to lead. They red-flagged and are now in a rain delay. 48 laps to go.

Sadler's running fifth right now, and was in the lead right before the yellow flag...he's had a whale of a race.

Bobby's in the same position he was in at almost every race last year, the low 20's. :wallbash:

Nice call. I'm a big Roush fan - no particular driver, I just pull for that whole team (although I am leaning towards Ragan this year).

I admit, Matt was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time. He's not dominate, just steady. Usually finishes in the top 10 each race, but rarely wins.

I was at the race yesterday (I made it a priority of my family's Florida vacation once we determined it would coincide with the race). It was amazing to watch the race as it unfolded. We sat high enough near Turn One (Lockhart Tower, 37th row) to see the entire track. There's a lot to say about the race but I'll hit on a few points...

-I am a big Tony Stewart fan and felt good about his chances once he made his way to the front and lead a few laps after starting at the back of the field. I thought he could win but nobody would draft with him and the race was stopped short of the full 500 miles. It would have made a good race even better if they'd have gone the distance and Smoke would have been in the mix.

-A lot of Dale Jr. fans at the track. They got all excited when he got his lap back at the end. Junior Nation was sure he would get back to the front. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

-Until you see a race at Daytona or Talladega in person, you cannot comprehend 30-40 cars inches apart at 180-190mph with a couple of seconds separating first from last. It's chaotic yet exciting to see these drivers virtually flying around the track. I had my hands on my head several times anticipating a wreck that didn't materialize.

-Note to some fans: if you raise your fist in approval of your driver as he drives past you, don't expect him to see you. He's kinda busy. And, if he could look in the crowd, there's 170,000 people. Would you really think he'll spot you?

-Daytona (and all NASCAR races?) allows you to bring in food and drink to the race. There were people around me who had beer and other liquor that they'd brought. I think that's a good idea.

I had a lot of fun at the race and would definitely do it again.

-Note to some fans: if you raise your fist in approval of your driver as he drives past you, don't expect him to see you. He's kinda busy. And, if he could look in the crowd, there's 170,000 people. Would you really think he'll spot you?

-Daytona (and all NASCAR races?) allows you to bring in food and drink to the race. There were people around me who had beer and other liquor that they'd brought. I think that's a good idea.

1st -

2nd - How are concessions prices?

-I am a big Tony Stewart fan

-Until you see a race at Daytona or Talladega in person, you cannot comprehend 30-40 cars inches apart at 180-190mph with a couple of seconds separating first from last. It's chaotic yet exciting to see these drivers virtually flying around the track. I had my hands on my head several times anticipating a wreck that didn't materialize.

I had a lot of fun at the race and would definitely do it again.

First time at a race?

Great thing about NASCAR tracks, is they give passouts. If you can park close enough to the track, and run out of food! you can run back to your car, get more, and RE-ENTER.

I have only seen one fight betweens fans at a NASCAR race. It was between friends in club seating!

Nothing beats a NASCAR race live. Just don't sit to low. Rubber kind of sticks to you.

JR. should have been black flagged or he should at least be fined and give up driver points.

Go Smoke.

1st -

2nd - How are concessions prices?

I go to the Bud Shootout every year, and concessions dont seem to be that outrageous. I've never seen them any higher than your average MLB/NFL game. Of course, no one actually buys from the concessions because you can bring in all the food and drink you can fit.

As for the Race, i was pulling for Smoke and Hamlin. Fugg jr and his damn wreck. You know if Vickers had dumped Jr, Vickers would have been fined, suspended, and docked all of his points.