Brett Farv-ra is done

The Tomcat

I know the trade stated that NY could not re-trade Favre to any team in Packers division....is there anything written anywhere that after 1 season and he reitres that he couldnt go to the Vikings?...Im pretty sure he'll be wearing a Vikings jersey next season...I dont think he ever intended to stay in NY...his plan was to get traded and then retire and then come back to the Vikings...

I won't believe it 'til it's Opening Day and he isn't on a football field somewhere.
This has been going on for 6 years. And I'm tired of it.

Gringo Starr said it's like zombies. I was thinking Freddy Krueger myself. :)

Agreed on both counts.

I really, really loved going to the gym this morning, putting it on ESPN, and watching the first half-hour of SportsCenter dedicated to Princess Brett's "retirement". ESPN is a :) ing joke.

I say goodbye to one of the greatest warriors and competitors the NFL has ever had. He started 290+ straight games at the QB position. That is simply amazing. He probably has the strongest arm of any QB that I've ever seen and he played the game with a child-like enthusiasm on a week to week basis. You can say whatever you want about his attitude, the way things went down in GB, and claim that he was overrated. But statistically, he's the greatest QB the game has ever known.

It depends on which statistics you look at. Most of his records are based on longetivity (not that there's anything wrong with that). My one knock on him will always be that he never used his experience to make better decisions as his career went on. In fact, it seemed like his decision making got worse as time went on...not something you'd expect from a veteran.

Besides that, yes, he IS a warrior and one of the best QBs ever. Favre is one guy you could never call soft. I don't think that most people understand the sheer magnitude of starting that many consecutive games.