Reminder: USA vs. Mexico World Cup Qualifier

PTS

Should be another great game between two bitter rivals. This will be my second USA-Mexico WCQ in person. Last one in '05 was great.

This time around USSF alloted far more tickets to supporter groups like Sam's Army. They have asked fans to wear red which might be a challenge since the team's current kits don't include a red version. Although there are rumors based on the marketing Nike put out that a red jersey might make it's debut for this game.

I don't doubt it will be a tough game but USA has had Mexico's number for the past decade. Mexico is banged up and USA should be primed to take advantage.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up. I will definitely tune in for this. Looks like U.S. will be stocked with the big names, Howard, Bocanegra, Adu, Dempsey,Altidore, Donovan, etc...

I think I read somewhere that Feilhaber is on the roster. He really impressed me a while back and then I think he had some injuries and kind of disappeared. I'd like to see him make a solid return in the MF.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up. I will definitely tune in for this. Looks like U.S. will be stocked with the big names, Howard, Bocanegra, Adu, Dempsey, Donovan, etc…

I think I read somewhere that Feilhaber is on the roster. He really impressed me a while back and then I think he had some injuries and kind of disappeared. I'd like to see him make a solid return in the MF.

Donovan has been playing some excellent football lately, expect a great game from him.

Donovan has been playing some excellent football lately, expect a great game from him.

I know. I need to carve out a little extra time in my life to start following the Bundesliga and specifically Bayern. Dempsey seems to be doing pretty well in Fulham this year too. I love seeing these guys getting quality time in the top leagues.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up. I will definitely tune in for this. Looks like U.S. will be stocked with the big names, Howard, Bocanegra, Adu, Dempsey,Altidore, Donovan, etc...

Feilhaber is not on the roster. He completely fell off the radar after his incredible goal against Mexico in the 2007 Gold Cup Final as well as his stellar play in Copa America that year. He ran into injury and laziness issues and his play has suffered. In the meantime, a slew of new talent emerged to push Benny to the backburner.

I think I may get several answers to this ?, but anyway...

How did you come to love soccer? Did you play competitively through at least HS? Do you love soccer because your father loved soccer?

You get my drift I think...

I'd say family but I have played and continue to play competively since as long as I remember. My dad's father was a decorated referee in Poland/Europe. My mom's dad played for a top-flight Polish team. My dad played for the old Buffalo Stallions. Soccer is in my blood.

I think I may get several answers to this ?, but anyway...

How did you come to love soccer? Did you play competitively through at least HS? Do you love soccer because your father loved soccer?

You get my drift I think...

For me, it's like hockey- you've got to see it live before you can really love it. I grew up going to hockey games, but didn't get a chance to see a professional soccer game until 2005, when I was in London and saw Chelsea play. It was riveting. Now, I don't totally follow it, but will definitely watch it if it's on.

For me, it's like hockey- you've got to see it live before you can really love it. I grew up going to hockey games, but didn't get a chance to see a professional soccer game until 2005, when I was in London and saw Chelsea play. It was riveting. Now, I don't totally follow it, but will definitely watch it if it's on.

Yeah, agreed. If you don't understand the complexities of what's going on on the field (and it's very hard to understand the game if you haven't seen it live), it's hard to watch. I'm also not a die hard fan of the game because I simply don't get the opportunity to watch that many good contests...but when anything involving the World Cup is on, I'm glued to the tv.

I like to watch the soccer on the tee vee. I don't know why. My friends all make fun of me and push me down and laugh and call me fancy soccer watching boy, but I don't care.

I'd say if you pluck 10 of the biggest anti-soccer posters on TBD and put them in a World Cup game or any game in the EPL for that matter, eight of them would walk out of the stadium after 90 minutes wondering why the hell they hated the sport. The other two would be passed out drunk like any other Bills game. :thumbsup:

The key to soccer in America I think is the supporter/fans groups like Sam's Army. These groups are really starting to grow strong, even at the MLS level. It's nice that the USSF finally is doing something to promote this. I can't tell you how many people I've met over the past five years that came to a USMNT game because their friends made them. Now they are fans for life.

Yeah, F that - they're talking about some crazy strong storms here in Cincy tomorrow, and Columbus is only ~100 miles northeast.

Be safe - I've been to Crew Stadium. Nice, but LOTS of metal - not a place I want to be if there's lightning.