Lincoln Penny, first change in fifty years

millbank

Lincoln Penny

The image on the Penny is going to change for first time in fifty years. In 1909 to celebrate Lincolns birth a penny with a pair of wheat ears was issued. In 1959 to celebrate the 150 year anniversary a penny with the Lincoln Memorial, we see today was issued.

Also a silver dollar will be issued, i like the text on back of coin,

Lincoln Silver Dollar

Lincoln Penny

The image on the Penny is going to change for first time in fifty years. In 1909 to celebrate Lincolns birth a penny with a pair of wheat ears was issued. In 1959 to celebrate the 150 year anniversary a penny with the Lincoln Memorial, we see today was issued.

Lincoln Silver Dollar

I wouldn't give you a nickle for one of the new ones. :blink:

(I do like the 4 new designs)

Lincoln Penny

Lincoln Silver Dollar

I like the text, also.

It's time to get rid of the penny. Round everything to the nearest nickel. The only reason we still have it is for marketing purposes so a product can be sold at $4.99 instead of $5 to make people feel like they're spending a dollar less.

I'd like to have a P.O. Box and be your fee-based financial advisor... :blink:

It's time to get rid of the penny. Round everything to the nearest nickel. The only reason we still have it is for marketing purposes so a product can be sold at $4.99 instead of $5 to make people feel like they're spending a dollar less.

So if you count 1,000 individual purchases, all at $X.99, you'd rather pay that extra money than keep it for yourself? 1,000 pennies adds up.

Go to a grocery store and it doesn't take too many trips to get 1,000 items.

Lincoln Penny

Lincoln Silver Dollar

What?!? No penny incorporating Lincoln's short stint as a Carny wrestler (the forefather to today's professional wrestling)?!?

Outrage!

Abraham Lincoln's Wrestling Match

For a time, the two scufflers circled each other warily. They did some grappling and twisting, but neither man was able to throw the other to the ground. Slowly, Armstrong began to get the worst of it. Finally, Lincoln grabbed the bully by the neck, held him at arm's length, and shook him like a little boy. This aroused the Clary's Grove boys, and it suddenly appeared Lincoln might be attacked by an entire crowd of people. He backed up against the wall of Offutt's store and offered to take them on one at a time.

What?!? No penny incorporating Lincoln's short stint as a Carny wrestler (the forefather to today's professional wrestling)?!?

Outrage!

Abraham Lincoln's Wrestling Match

For a time, the two scufflers circled each other warily. They did some grappling and twisting, but neither man was able to throw the other to the ground. Slowly, Armstrong began to get the worst of it. Finally, Lincoln grabbed the bully by the neck, held him at arm's length, and shook him like a little boy. This aroused the Clary's Grove boys, and it suddenly appeared Lincoln might be attacked by an entire crowd of people. He backed up against the wall of Offutt's store and offered to take them on one at a time.

The real original Nature Boy!

Lincoln Penny

Lincoln Silver Dollar

I like them ...a bout time for a change

You do realize that this has been in development for quite some time, right...?

I don't care how long it has been in development, or whether we are in a economic crisis or not. It shouldn't cost more than it's value to make it. It sounds like a GM.

I don't care how long it has been in development, or whether we are in a economic crisis or not. It shouldn't cost more than it's value to make it. It sounds like a GM.

But, they are making up for it with those $2 coins that only cost $.78 to make. Pennies are the loss leaders of your pocket.