I still can't believe Ralph made the HOF

jwws9999

I have watched him make mistake after mistake over the last 40 years all in the name of being a cheap POS. The team has made him a billionaire and all he can do is give a crappy football team year after year. Throw on top of it all of the money the government has given him (does welfare queen sound about right), and you've got a recipe for a complete joke of an owner. He makes Al Davis look like a rocket scientist. when he kicks, even if the team is moved, they'll be better off

I have watched him make mistake after mistake over the last 40 years all in the name of being a cheap POS. The team has made him a billionaire and all he can do is give a crappy football team year after year. Throw on top of it all of the money the government has given him (does welfare queen sound about right), and you've got a recipe for a complete joke of an owner. He makes Al Davis look like a rocket scientist. when he kicks, even if the team is moved, they'll be better off

He actually made Al Davis look like a debtor.

Even though Al Davis has been a joke the last few years, The Raiders have almost consistently had a good team throughout it's history, with a few gaps in between. They have championships, we dont(not counting the 2 60's champs).

you must be a real ray of sunshine in your personal life.

As far as RW is concerned I'm happy that he made the hall of fame and I believe that this year's induction to the HOF will inspire him to field a better team than what we have seen recently.

You're a little late to the party

You're a little late to the party

lets see, the tv money covers his entire payroll because he's too cheap to spend to the cap, and he has a free stadium so he can pocket all the ticket revenue, and he still finds a way to screw it up, he maybe should be in the conman hall of fame

lets see, the tv money covers his entire payroll because he's too cheap to spend to the cap, and he has a free stadium so he can pocket all the ticket revenue, and he still finds a way to screw it up, he maybe should be in the conman hall of fame

He wasn't inducted for what he did for the Bills, he was inducted for what he did for the NFL (and most importantly for small market franchises). Do you really think he was put in the HOF as an honor for his success in Buffalo? Of course not. He's in the HOF because he was a pioneer of the AFL, the merger would probably not have happened without him, and he is an important and well respected (outside of Buffalo apparently) figure in the league. It's the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame. You can't look at the scenario through the eyes of a fan.

By the way, 95% of other owners would have moved the team by now, so you should be a little bit more grateful. Success or no success, Ralph Wilson IS the Buffalo Bills. I would shake his hand and congratulate him if I could.

couldn't agree more. after watching things deteriorate slowly since the days of polian, i'm convinced the only reason the team is here is because he (a)has yet to receive the right offer and/or (b) he wants to hand it over to his daughter to sell rather than do it himself. it's not because he feels some commitment to buffalo. he's known for years that keeping the team here is his only ticket into the hall....he's clueless about how to do it the right way- which is to say he is incapable of hiring and getting along with people who can win.

he is purposely smallballing us with his beancounter g.m. and his proven loser coach...fielding garbage year in and year out because he does not know hownot to....i couldn't give a sh-- he's going to the hall. i've lost all respect for the guy.

He wasn't inducted for what he did for the Bills, he was inducted for what he did for the NFL (and most importantly for small market franchises). Do you really think he was put in the HOF as an honor for his success in Buffalo? Of course not. He's in the HOF because he was a pioneer of the AFL, the merger would probably not have happened without him, and he is an important and well respected (outside of Buffalo apparently) figure in the league. It's the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame. You can't look at the scenario through the eyes of a fan.

By the way, 95% of other owners would have moved the team by now, so you should be a little bit more grateful. Success or no success, Ralph Wilson IS the Buffalo Bills. I would shake his hand and congratulate him if I could.

so it's ok that he's a crappy football guy, but supposedly did alot for the afl (I'd say Hunt did alot more). I've watched this guy milk all the money he could over the years out of the fans of western ny and the state and we should be grateful??? He might have made even more if he wasn't such an idiot, and he's lost a small fortune by not selling the team a couple of years ago

Look at the body of work the guy put in. One of the AFL founders, that "foolish club" moniker wasn't meant to be ironic. He floated personal loans to keep it going, played a huge role in getting tv contracts and the merger. He has been the voice of the small market for 40 years. He's had good teams (those 60's teams were first rate and the Kelly era and Simpson era teams were very good. He deserves to be in the Hall and its wonderful they did it while he was still alive.

Look at the body of work the guy put in. One of the AFL founders, that "foolish club" moniker wasn't meant to be ironic. He floated personal loans to keep it going, played a huge role in getting tv contracts and the merger. He has been the voice of the small market for 40 years. He's had good teams (those 60's teams were first rate and the Kelly era and Simpson era teams were very good. He deserves to be in the Hall and its wonderful they did it while he was still alive.

he doesn't deserve it and green bay is the voice of the small market

jwws - I get the sense you're the type that complains about everything in your life. Glad I'm not you.

Way to go Ralph. Well deserved induction.

jwws sounds like a POS troll. I bet he wears puce and orange.

Ralph Wilson has done more for the league than most owners and could have left Buffalo high and dry making a mint if he choose.

couldn't agree more. after watching things deteriorate slowly since the days of polian, i'm convinced the only reason the team is here is because he (a)has yet to receive the right offer and/or (b) he wants to hand it over to his daughter to sell rather than do it himself. it's not because he feels some commitment to buffalo. he's known for years that keeping the team here is his only ticket into the hall....he's clueless about how to do it the right way- which is to say he is incapable of hiring and getting along with people who can win.

he is purposely smallballing us with his beancounter g.m. and his proven loser coach...fielding garbage year in and year out because he does not know hownot to....i couldn't give a sh-- he's going to the hall. i've lost all respect for the guy.

Well it's certainly good to know that we have a poster who is inside the head of RW and knows exaclty what motivates him to do things.

jwws sounds like a POS troll. I bet he wears puce and orange.

Ralph Wilson has done more for the league than most owners and could have left Buffalo high and dry making a mint if he choose.

ralph is a pos owner who screws up everything he touches, and the merger would've happened either way

ralph is a pos owner who screws up everything he touches, and the merger would've happened either way

if you have enjoyed going to a Bills game in Buffalo in the last 20 years, thank Ralph.

If you think Buffalo wouldn't be the same city without the Bills, thank Ralph.

If you think he could have not made more money to move to Houston (he had a great offer) or L.A., thank Ralph

If you think anyone else would have ever brought a team to Buffalo after the AAFC Bills left in the late 40's, thank Ralph.

If you dont think that the original AFL owners were heroic in taking on the NFL, thank Lamar and Ralph and Al Davis.

I will agree he is not the greatest management owner in the league. You know what? If he was he would have never come to Buffalo in the first place and if he was worried about success, he would have left a long time ago. You know how hard it is to sell luxury boxes in Buffalo? That is where the money is my friends.

So, to all of you who root for the L.A. Clipper or call Ralph a "pos owner" think for a moment about John Brown or Art Modell or Robert Irsay or the owner of the Seattle Supersonics or all the others that ran for the easy money. Ralph belongs in the Hall of Fame for a lot of reasons and I will not listen to the fair weather fans that think it is their right for Buffalo to have a pro football team. We are very lucky to have one and I thank Ralph for that.

jwws9999 is a pos poster who repeats himself ad nauseum and annoys everyone he speaks to, and the board would've been fine if he never signed up.

jwws9999 is a pos poster who repeats himself ad nauseum and annoys everyone he speaks to, and the board would've been fine if he never signed up.

You can say that, again. Best to leave the troll alone, though.