Death of a nation

UBinVA

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

"You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

The late Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 - 2005

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense. Everything will be fine if we just make the rich* pay a little bit more.

* Defined as anyone who makes more than me and doesn't work for a union.

Wonder if Obama will define "middle class" the way this report did?

Middle Class in NYC = 123k a year...

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2009/02/0..._six_figur.html

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

"You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

The late Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 - 2005

Yes you can multiply weath by dividing it. That's the whole concept of capitalism.

Hoarding wealth is what got us into this mess. The wealthy people in this country starting ripping off the less wealthy. Giving tax breaks to the wealthy will never encourage them to reinvest it into the economy, they only end up hoarding wealth.

The wealthy end up paying more into entitlement programs when they hoard wealth, therefore hurting themselves more than if they would simply "share the wealth".

Yes you can multiply weath by dividing it. That's the whole concept of capitalism.

Hoarding wealth is what got us into this mess. The wealthy people in this country starting ripping off the less wealthy. Giving tax breaks to the wealthy will never encourage them to reinvest it into the economy, they only end up hoarding wealth.

The wealthy end up paying more into entitlement programs when they hoard wealth, therefore hurting themselves more than if they would simply "share the wealth".

You, officially, have lost the ability to be taken seriously on any subject that is related, even loosely, to economics and / or business. The above is so wrong, just SO wrong, that it's almost like you're making a parody post... Are you making a parody post here? If so, I apologize and well done. If not... wow. I mean, it's not worth even starting to try to explain to you...

'Hoarding wealth is what got us into this mess.' Amazing. Do you live in China?

You have no clue what you're talking about.

How so?

Your republican ways of growing business are not working. They haven't worked, nor will they ever work.

The methods you endorse take money out of the pockets of the average American and put it into corporations with the sole intent that they do the right thing and reinvest that money into new businesses and jobs. It's a great concept but it doesn't work.

Corporations have basically made poor investment choices and they gotten so arrogant and careless that the repulbican concepts don't work.

Your concepts rely on the notion that you have a bunch of Boy Scouts running big business.

I always hear from Repulicans say that job losses and wage cuts are good "because they will create more jobs in the future because the business is more lean and can now reinvest profits into new businesses".

That doesn't happen in the real world. It happens in fantasy land but not the real world.

That concept doesn't take into account off shoring jobs, downsizing white collar staff, trimming benefits.

Most companies don't want to pay benefits anyway.

If you can see what weasels big business people are, then you've got big problems, pal.

How so?

Your republican ways of growing business are not working. They haven't worked, nor will they ever work.

The methods you endorse take money out of the pockets of the average American and put it into corporations with the sole intent that they do the right thing and reinvest that money into new businesses and jobs. It's a great concept but it doesn't work.

Corporations have basically made poor investment choices and they gotten so arrogant and careless that the repulbican concepts don't work.

Your concepts rely on the notion that you have a bunch of Boy Scouts running big business.

I always hear from Repulicans that job losses and wage cuts are good "because they will create more jobs in the future because the business is more lean and can now reinvest profits into new businesses".

That doesn't happen in the real world. It happens in fantasy land but not the real world.

That concept doesn't take into account off shoring jobs, downsizing white collar staff, trimming benefits.

Most companies don't want to pay benefits anyway.

If you can see what weasels big business people are, then you've got big problems, pal.

:thumbsup:

You, officially, have lost the ability to be taken seriously on any subject that is related, even loosely, to economics and / or business. The above is so wrong, just SO wrong, that it's almost like you're making a parody post... Are you making a parody post here? If so, I apologize and well done. If not... wow. I mean, it's not worth even starting to try to explain to you...

'Hoarding wealth is what got us into this mess.' Amazing. Do you live in China?

You, my friend, are a nut case.

Here is my plan for economic recovery.

What I see in this economy is pent up demand. Demand that is left unsatisfied because of low wages.

1. Increase minimum wage to $10.00 per hour. This would help Walmart not hurt it. And it's too bad they're too stupid to see it. They have a great customer standing right in front of them and they don't take advantage of it. If they would pay their employee the extra $2.00 per hour, they'd get it back anyway.

2. Create a federal law banning all property taxes on residential housing.

People are punished for even owning a home. Raise the sales tax to replace property tax. That way, the people get to choose weather they want to be taxed or not. If not, then they can save their money. This would help local business because someone like my mother would have $3,600 more to spend every year. Cash in hand, even though she would pay higher sales tax.

4. Give corporations tax breaks if they raise the wages on their lowest level employess. Same concept as the first one. Increase taxes on those corporations that downsize or move jobs overseas.

In short, this country needs job creation.

We don't need to give rich (now broke) companies more tax breaks.

Larry Kudlow, of CNBC wants to eliminate corporate taxes. That's the dumbest idea that I've ever heard of. Let the American pulbic spend the money, don't let companies squander it without an ounce of job creation.

You, my friend, are a nut case.

Here is my plan for economic recovery.

What I see in this economy is pent up demand. Demand that is left unsatisfied because of low wages.

1. Increase minimum wage to $10.00 per hour. This would help Walmart not hurt it. And it's too bad they're too stupid to see it. They have a great customer standing right in front of them and they don't take advantage of it. If they would pay their employee the extra $2.00 per hour, they'd get it back anyway.

2. Create a federal law banning all property taxes on residential housing.

People are punished for even owning a home. Raise the sales tax to replace property tax. That way, the people get to choose weather they want to be taxed or not. If not, then they can save their money. This would help local business because someone like my mother would have $3,600 more to spend every year. Cash in hand, even though she would pay higher sales tax.

4. Give corporations tax breaks if they raise the wages on their lowest level employess. Same concept as the first one. Increase taxes on those corporations that downsize or move jobs overseas.

In short, this country needs job creation.

We don't need to give rich (now broke) companies more tax breaks.

Larry Kudlow, of CNBC wants to eliminate corporate taxes. That's the dumbest idea that I've ever heard of. Let the American pulbic spend the money, don't let companies squander it without an ounce of job creation.

Now I'm SURE that you're just being a parody... Very funny, and well done! I mean, it's totally obvious now... like the whole 'choosing' whether or not you want to be taxed with increasing sales tax substantially vs. owning a home! Ha Ha! Very nice play!

AND, how, on the one hand, we should be / shouldn't be giving tax breaks on companies that are, at the same time, rich AND broke!!! You played this parody post very well... Kudos to you.

Another thing... I love how you tried to keep this 'parody' at least somewhat in the real of possibility... I mean, $10.00 an hour? Very nice choice... You could have said $15 / hr or $20 / hr and it would all make the same logical sense, right? If that extra $2 goes back to Wal-Mart anyway, why wouldn't they pay their employees $15 / hr and get $7 back!!!!! Very good job of just keeping your theories believable enough to be taken seriously...

Wow. That was a really funny post. Your parodies are fantastic. Again, I apologize for taking you too seriously before...

Now I'm SURE that you're just being a parody... Very funny, and well done!

So, I take it you like Larry Kudlow's way of doing things. Reward failure.

Big companies should get all the tax breaks. Even though they failed. They can't breath because all the debt on the balance sheet.

So, I take it you like Larry Kudlow's way of doing things. Reward failure.

Big companies should get all the tax breaks. Even though they failed. They can't breath because all the debt on the balance sheet.

edited my last post to fully describe how funny these parody posts are!

Now I'm SURE that you're just being a parody... Very funny, and well done! I mean, it's totally obvious now... like the whole 'choosing' whether or not you want to be taxed with increasing sales tax substantially vs. owning a home! Ha Ha! Very nice play!

AND, how, on the one hand, we should be / shouldn't be giving tax breaks on companies that are, at the same time, rich AND broke!!! You played this parody post very well... Kudos to you.

Another thing... I love how you tried to keep this 'parody' at least somewhat in the real of possibility... I mean, $10.00 an hour? Very nice choice... You could have said $15 / hr or $20 / hr and it would all make the same logical sense, right? If that extra $2 goes back to Wal-Mart anyway, why wouldn't they pay their employees $15 / hr and get $7 back!!!!! Very good job of just keeping your theories believable enough to be taken seriously...

Wow. That was a really funny post. Your parodies are fantastic. Again, I apologize for taking you too seriously before...

If Walmart paid their employees $15.00 an hour they'd probably have a 30% to 50% increase in sales.

But they'd be pissed about that. Because they'd consider the source.

I have to go to the post office.