Detroit Businessman looks to regionalize Bills

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Now, it's another Detroit transplant, marketing and sales manager Glenn Fitzgerald, who is looking to make sure the Bills don't leave here."

Yep, and I'm a Construction Project Supervisor and I would also like to make sure the Bills don't leave.

No disrespect but we have no idea who this person is. For all we know he sells promotional ballpoint pens to high schools for fundraisers.

The article never made any attempt at giving us some meat. Like what are this person's credentials? One of the lamest articles I've read and a reflection on the author (of the article, not the post).

"Now, it's another Detroit transplant, marketing and sales manager Glenn Fitzgerald, who is looking to make sure the Bills don't leave here."

Yep, and I'm a Construction Project Supervisor and I would also like to make sure the Bills don't leave.

No disrespect but we have no idea who this person is. For all we know he sells promotional ballpoint pens to high schools for fundraisers.

The article never made any attempt at giving us some meat. Like what are this person's credentials? One of the lamest articles I've read and a reflection on the author (of the article, not the post).

LMAO

Amazing how consistant people are here. The first reaction is to criticize the validity of the idea. It doens't matter if he has the money or not, the point is that it makes a lot of sense economically and for the viability of keeping a Bills team here in Western New York. Let's be real here, $$ makes the world go round, and building a bigger fan base then what we have is very important in keeping a Bills team here near Buffalo. The idea of connecting more with the Canadian fan base is most likely the key stimulus that the Bills need to stay. It makes a lot more sense to me that Canadians will feel more connection with a team based out of Niagara Falls, than as opposed to a team that has it's roots to Buffalo. The idea of winning Toronto fans to root for the Buffalo Bills will have a limited impact. Where as if you start a new team, that is located closer to Toronto, and has a Canadian Tie to it 'NIAGARA FALLS' will have a much better chance of winning those fans over.

I mean give me a friggin break! you are criticizing some one who is trying to think of ideas of how to keep the Bills in Western New York.

:w00t:

Amazing how consistant people are here. The first reaction is to criticize the validity of the idea. It doens't matter if he has the money or not, the point is that it makes a lot of sense economically and for the viability of keeping a Bills team here in Western New York. Let's be real here, $$ makes the world go round, and building a bigger fan base then what we have is very important in keeping a Bills team here near Buffalo. The idea of connecting more with the Canadian fan base is most likely the key stimulus that the Bills need to stay. It makes a lot more sense to me that Canadians will feel more connection with a team based out of Niagara Falls, than as opposed to a team that has it's roots to Buffalo. The idea of winning Toronto fans to root for the Buffalo Bills will have a limited impact. Where as if you start a new team, that is located closer to Toronto, and has a Canadian Tie to it 'NIAGARA FALLS' will have a much better chance of winning those fans over.

I mean give me a friggin break! you are criticizing some one who is trying to think of ideas of how to keep the Bills in Western New York.

:w00t:

Well, this isn't a new idea. In fact, since the whole Toronto thing started, this has been one of the options that has been talked about regularly by everyone. The problem that I have, is that anyone of us can make a website and print up some TShirts.

Give me some real details on who this guy is, what makes him qualified to plan a project of this size, and does he have a real plan beyond the fluff on his website and this ambiguous article. Basically, what separates this guy from everyone else who has 'ideas' to keep the Bills here?

Magox,

I think it was pretty clear the idea wasn't being criticized in my post. This idea has been talked about a great deal and I am in the majority of people that believe that further regionalization is one of the few viable options for keeping our team here.

I (and I believe others) was commenting on how the media outlet, author, and subject of the article are non-entities.

It's just silly that the article was even written. He's not a stakeholder, power broker, mover and shaker, or anything like that.

His opinions and ideas would only carry weight if he had boatloads of money or political clout. The regionalization idea is not original so what is he bringing to the table? I believe he's bringing nothing.

He's not even bringing vision. If he was saying, "Let's build a stadium on the shores of Lake Ontario near Lewiston and we can have ferry boats bring fans from Toronto and southern Ontario, develop a marina, etc. etc. etc." well then, maybe you could say, yeah this guy is a visionary. He's saying what people have already said.

A stadium in Niagara Falls is a not a bad idea and Kelly has already mentioned thats where he would like it, but leave the name alone! It needs to stay Buffalo Bills, besides Niagara Bills just sounds bad people.

OK let me be the 1st to give it a try..."LETS GO NIAGARA"! Nope sounds like shiite!

A stadium in Niagara Falls is a not a bad idea and Kelly has already mentioned thats where he would like it, but leave the name alone! It needs to stay Buffalo Bills, besides Niagara Bills just sounds bad people.

Niagra Buffaloes sounds better.