Ten thoughts on Super Bowl 43

I was saying that too! How can this guy be on TV. Everyone in football knows what a dolt he is. He took over a bad Detroit team and made them worse. He drove that team into the ground, culminating in a 0-16 season. I'm am utterly amazed that he is welcome on a football TV set. How can anyone take him seriously knowing what he did in Detroit? He is fresh off a disaster, what a joke. He is full of crap.

I'm not a Matt Millen fan but I'll take the opposite angle since so many people are repulsed by MAtt Millen. The guy played and was a major part of 4 SuperBowl winning teams. For people to say he knows nothing about football is short sighted. Clearly he sucked at assembling a football team and also had some bad luck at certain positions (and picking coaches!). I don't really give a darn about listening to him or anyone on TV but he knows some football. He played for years at a high level. If he were some nerdy failed GM that never played then I would agree that he knows nothing.

:beer:

Challenging that touchdown call would have been a MASSIVE mistake. Something Dick would do to blow a timeout. Of course, the only time you'll ever see Jauron anywhere near the Super Bowl is if he's hawking merchandise at one of the concession stands.

Great game, I just get sad thinking of how sweet it would be to see the Bills lift up the trophy. To me, the Steelers are everything I wish the Bills were...menacing defense, mean offense built around the run game, great coaching....why? WHY can't we get that again?!?!

OK, I watched and I'm lost. What did the OP feel should have been challenged on Fitzgerald's TD? I dint see nothin, what did I miss?

I'm not a Matt Millen fan but I'll take the opposite angle since so many people are repulsed by MAtt Millen. The guy played and was a major part of 4 SuperBowl winning teams. For people to say he knows nothing about football is short sighted. Clearly he sucked at assembling a football team and also had some bad luck at certain positions (and picking coaches!). I don't really give a darn about listening to him or anyone on TV but he knows some football. He played for years at a high level. If he were some nerdy failed GM that never played then I would agree that he knows nothing.

uhhh, thats kind of the point. Just because you played on superbowl teams, does not mean you are qualified to run a team. Given his recent mess, who wants to hear his commentary?. If you remember correctly, he didn't dress for the Redskins SB game agst the Bills. He is a joke, ruined that Detroit franchise for a long time. He picked bad coaches and made horrible draft selections and personel moves, check it out.

Great player, no one argues that.

The point was that despite running a team into the ground over the last seven years, culminating in an 0-16 season and his firing, it is quite surprising that he would be sought to give analysis so soon, if at all.

Knowing what he did in Detroit, how can someone listen to him and take what he's saying. He has no credibility with this football fan.

How soon people forget that Millen was a hell of an analyst prior to becoming the Lions GM. In fact, that was the joke around his hiring...he was a great TV guy, but why did that qualify him to run a team? Sure he was a garbage GM, but that has nothing to do with his ability to break down the game play as an analyst.

Its too bad the world is populated with morons who just sit there and scream: "ZOMG Matt Millen is teh suxors! He was a terrible GM so that means he's never done anything else in his life well and never will succeed at anything in the future."