Favorite Movie lines edited for TV

/dev/null

What are your favorite theatrical movie lines that get edited for content when shown on TV?

I was watching Die Hard With A Vengence, and at the end Bruce Willis' classic line was edited to: Yippie Kay Yay My Friend :D

I thought it was "Yippie Kay Yay Mr. Falcon"? Or was that Die Hard 2?

When I become Emperor, that practice will be outlawed. If you need to edit out a word, just blank it out. Coming up with these stupid substitutions in terrible voices that don't match the orignial actors is just painful. Ever watch Pulp Fiction on basic cable? :thumbsup:

What are your favorite theatrical movie lines that get edited for content when shown on TV?

I was watching Die Hard With A Vengence, and at the end Bruce Willis' classic line was edited to: Yippie Kay Yay My Friend :thumbsup:

As soon as I read the title of this thread, that is the line I thought of.

I thought it was "Yippie Kay Yay Mr. Falcon"? Or was that Die Hard 2?

When I become Emperor, that practice will be outlawed. If you need to edit out a word, just blank it out. Coming up with these stupid substitutions in terrible voices that don't match the orignial actors is just painful. Ever watch Pulp Fiction on basic cable? :thumbsup:

Ever watch a Kevin Smith movie on TV? Jay's real voice isn't heard throughout the entire movie.

I just watched Goodfellas on regular TV yesterday... horrible!!!

My favorite is from the Spike Lee movie "Do the Right Thing:"

"You better get some mickey-fickey brothers on the wall, in this mickey-fickey joint!"

Mickey-fickey... :lol:

Big Lebowski.

Real line: You see what happens, Larry, when you *#!@ a stranger in the @$$ ?!?!

Edited line: You see what happens, Larry, when you find a stranger in the Alps ?!?!

I think we all know what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps, the hard part is forgetting... :P:thumbdown: Ain't that right Steely?

I was watching Die Hard With A Vengence, and at the end Bruce Willis' classic line was edited to: Yippie Kay Yay My Friend :thumbdown:

Wow. So you were watching Die Hard on Saturday night on TNT too. Thats literally what i was going to post when i saw the title of this thread.

My favorite one ever is from Major League.

When Roger Dorn goes to the mound in the playoff game, supposedly to confront Wild Thing about sleeping with his wife, Dorn says to the pitcher, "strike this m-----f----- out."

In the edited version, he says "strike this guy out". What's funny is it sounds like three different people dubbed it.

Dorn on the words "strike" and "out", another person on "this" and still another on "guy".

Cracks me up every time I see it. :thumbdown: