Ralph gets in and Andre doesn't

seq004

i love andre but cris carter is a better receiver than him

take away chris's early career in philly,he spent most of his career in a dome with the vikings...andre played in the cold in buffalo with thurman thomas getting alot of touches....chris was opposite randy moss,and i dont ever remeber the vikings having killer running games...andre has better playoff stats..i think he is ranked 3rd....

take away chris's early career in philly,he spent most of his career in a dome with the vikings...andre played in the cold in buffalo with thurman thomas getting alot of touches....chris was opposite randy moss,and i dont ever remeber the vikings having killer running games...andre has better playoff stats..i think he is ranked 3rd....

true, but cris didnt have randy moss until 98, when he had at least 5 or 6 great seasons before that

His QBs before Culpepper were

Rich Gannon

Wade Wilson

Jim McMahon

Sean Sailsbury

Brad Johnson

a 38 year old Warren Moon

Randall Cunningham

and Jeff George

None of which are on that Jim Kelly level

and Most of those seasons none of those QBs played all 16 games

The fact that they never had killer running games would make it harder for a receiver for the fact they would most likely always be in double coverage.

To go in further they both have the same number of career games played at 234.

Reed started 217 of those games to Carter's 209 games

In his career Carter has 150 more receptions and 43 more receiving TDs

Reed played in 7 more playoff games in his career than carter, yet only has 1 more TD than Carter. (9 TDs to carter's 8)

In the playoffs Reed had 85 rec for 1230 yds for a 14.5 YPC average

Carter had 63 rec for 860 yds for a 13.7 YPC average.

Both are great receivers and will both end up in the Hall Of Fame, but I would give the edge to Carter as a better all time receiver. I think now he just leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth for his terrible, terrible, terrible work on ESPN.

yeah--the fact that the Vikes didnt have a killer running game only speaks more about Carters effectiveness.

I just wish the HALL OF FAMES in all sports would have a clear and concise definition of what it takes to get in. Reed and Carter should both be in no questions asked...are they going to be better 2, 3 10yrs from now when they do get in. Ralphs accomplishments all happened yrs ago with the biggest one happening in the early days of the AFL, why now in 2009 does he get in.

Now here is a question Andre Reed or Terrel Owens (in the HOF)...if Owens quit now, not sure of all stats but I now total reception of 800. The media has an infatuation with the guy, so I would say the majority of National media would put Owens in over Reed in a heartbeat.

Irvin got into the HALL based on solid stats but moreso based on that his teammates called him as a team leader (which I can not imagine), and kept them loose and together. Owens has the stats but definately in no sense of the word is a leader. It just seems that their are different criteria for different players, Reed was great over the middle and yards after catch, Carter was phenomal on the sidelines and scoring TD's what is more important.

I just wish the HALL OF FAMES in all sports would have a clear and concise definition of what it takes to get in. Reed and Carter should both be in no questions asked...are they going to be better 2, 3 10yrs from now when they do get in. Ralphs accomplishments all happened yrs ago with the biggest one happening in the early days of the AFL, why now in 2009 does he get in.

Now here is a question Andre Reed or Terrel Owens (in the HOF)...if Owens quit now, not sure of all stats but I now total reception of 800. The media has an infatuation with the guy, so I would say the majority of National media would put Owens in over Reed in a heartbeat.

Irvin got into the HALL based on solid stats but moreso based on that his teammates called him as a team leader (which I can not imagine), and kept them loose and together. Owens has the stats but definately in no sense of the word is a leader. It just seems that their are different criteria for different players, Reed was great over the middle and yards after catch, Carter was phenomal on the sidelines and scoring TD's what is more important.

Even the Hall Of Fames have "clicks" and different classes. What I mean by this is only the elite get in on their first year of eligibility. PFT has a good article relating to this.

Link