Kelsey will make the pro bowl this year

Think about it, he's been a consistent performer his whole career except for last year.

He's a leader, so I think the C on his jersey will start to motivate him to try harder.

Also, not having A.Scho back there probably threw off his timing.

He is also ready to be in the prime of his career, as I think we can shake off the rookie freshness, and the softmore slump now.

Look, I just know he's gonna try harder this year, and I see a break out year from him.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the first 10 replacements back out; Kelsey will be picked.

B-)

You know there's about 40 other DE in the AFC who get significant playing time.......I say multiply your number by 3 and you'd be a lot closer.

B-)

You know there's about 40 other DE in the AFC who get significant playing time.......I say multiply your number by 3 and you'd be a lot closer.

But if they break the list in half for LDE and RDE that cuts the list in half. :thumbdown:

Think about it, he's been a consistent performer his whole career except for last year.

He's a leader, so I think the C on his jersey will start to motivate him to try harder.

He is also ready to be in the prime of his career, as I think we can shake off the rookie freshness, and the softmore slump now.

Look, I just know he's gonna try harder this year, and I see a break out year from him.

Yet another example of someone posting after a night of heavy drinking.

I have always been a Kelsay defender; he's shown flashes of brilliance, but obviously hasn't been a very consistent pass rusher.

The question is, I guess, what do we expect out of him? What would be a good season statistically, that would satisfy people?

I know that mabey the probowl is a little optomistic, but realistically, I think a season with 5 sacks or above would satisfy most here.

I know that mabey the probowl is a little optomistic, but realistically, I think a season with 5 sacks or above would satisfy most here.

5 sacks don't get ya to the Probowl chief. Thats like saying hopefully Trent can throw 10 TD passes next year. B-)

Would it though?

I feel like folks here expect the dude to break the sacks record in order to be appeased.

The fact is people aren't happy with even Schobel, a guy who gets double-digit sacks just about every year.

If you are being serious with this post then you need to seek some professional help. Dude has 17 total sacks in his six year career as an NFL defensive end. That's pitiful. The only thing more pathetic than Chris Kelsay's play on the football field is the amount of money the Bills agreed to give an at best, backup defensive end. I've never told another poster that they should post less so as not to embarrass themselves, but your post came close. Chris Kelsay sucks donkey balls.

I have always been a Kelsay defender; he's shown flashes of brilliance, but obviously hasn't been a very consistent pass rusher.

The question is, I guess, what do we expect out of him? What would be a good season statistically, that would satisfy people?

I don't dislike Kelsay. I think he is a good backup and is being payed like a really good starter. If it weren't for that complete and total lapse of judgement by Marv and CO., he would probably be a rotational backup. I would even go as far to say that he might even be a fan favorite. If Chris Kelsay didn't get that payday, I think we would have gotten another DE somewhere else. If grasshoppers had machine guns would the crows f&@! with them?

Would it though?

I feel like folks here expect the dude to break the sacks record in order to be appeased.

The fact is people aren't happy with even Schobel, a guy who gets double-digit sacks just about every year.

No and it shouldn't, especially if you don't get constant pressure on the QB, can't wrap him up and actually get the sack the few times a year you get to the QB, and if you suck against the run. People aren't asking too much to expect the guy not to completely suck.....Kelsey is the Tim Anderson of DEs IMO. I'd even go out on a limb and say he is one of the 5 worst starting DEs in football, and for what he gets paid he might be the worst value of any defensive lineman.

I am neither his mama, nor his papa.

But I did see him start to come on at the end of the season. Didn't he have a good game against the patrifarts?

He did if you dont know.

Yeah, the last game of the year he had a decent game. Other than that he didn't really show up at all this year with 47 tackles and 2 sacks. I've defended Kelsay since he was drafted, but when you're signed to be one of the cornerstones of the defense, you need to step up your game. He did not do that nor did he provide any evidence that he has the capability to do so.

Kelsay is a pretty good player, but he's not Pro Bowl material. He is a strong starter that will start nearly every game for you and provide an adequate attack. He will NOT break any sack records or be a difference maker on defense. Personally, I think he is best used in a role that we currently have Ryan Denney filling, the utility DL player.

The main problem with kelsay is his $5 Million dollar a year price tag. If his contract was worth $2 Million a year then he would be a decent rotational DE. He has been given the opportunity to perform and attempt to fulfill his contract and he has failed miserably. It's time for him to go or take a serious pay cut.