Is the Tony Gonzalas deal completly dead?

Only 3 teams were willing to offer a 3rd rounder

AND Buffalo was one of the teams

Look, he is going to go somewhere, I think the Buffalo possibility is real.

If we are going to talk about trades, We know Buffalo had some interest in Tony Gonzalas.

The rumors started by the KC press that he didn't want to come to Buffalo are nothing more then that, RUMORS

Perhaps some draft day maneuvering by both teams with draft picks and or players.

Until Tony Gonzalas is traded, Buffalo is still in the game.

DIE HARD 1967

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo was one of the teams

Look, he is going to go somewhere, I think that possibility is real.

DIE HARD 1967

He didn't want to come to Buffalo last year and, unless we get say Tom Brady, he wont want to come this yr either

I think Tony saw a better option that never materialized.

I wouldn't place to much into those comments

He simply made a mistake

Seems to me like he did not make a mistake.

Not move your family and miss the playoffs or move to beautiful Buffalo and miss the playoffs...

At 5-1... Seems like he made the right move.

TG would be a great short term fix to our TE woes. However, he controls his own destiny here and will go where he feels he'll best be utilized. I don't think he wants to break in another rookie QB, which I believe was part of the reason he wanted out in the first place. I wouldn't be suprised to see him land with a team like Miami, NE, Arizona, Carolina, perhaps the Titans if Collins is named the starter in 09.

Not move your family and miss the playoffs or move to beautiful Buffalo and miss the playoffs...

ya, because Kansas City is a lot warmer and staying with a 2-14 team was the right decision...

:blink:

He clearly wants out, and with Tony Gonzalas maybe we make the playoffs.

Its crazy to ignore the posibility

DUDES!!! Stop the fantasy insanity. Get real. Let it go. Gonzales does not want to, and will not, play for the Bills.... period, end of discussion!

You are too funny.

Buffalo made an offer, Tony is still on the block,WE NEED A TE, insanity is to overlook the possibility

Sorry, its not the end of the discussion, go sit in the corner

Guest dog14787

Buffalo was one of the teams

Look, he is going to go somewhere, I think that possibility is real.

If we are going to talk about trades, We know Buffalo had some interest in Tony Gonzalas.

Perhaps some draft day maneuvering by both teams with draft picks and or players.

DIE HARD 1967

I was pulling real hard for Alge Crumpler or Gonzals, two TE's we had made a play for last season, but after seeing how much Crumpler's game had slipped from what it used to be last season, in my opinion we don't need to sink millions of dollars into someone who is at the end of their career.

We need to draft a TE or if we go FA, we need someone younger who can grow with the team.

I will admit though DIE HARD, if we landed Gonzalaz I'm sure I would start looking at the positives and be pretty excited about having a good TE after all these years.

Veteran leadership is much needed, Gonzalaz could really help with that aspect. :blink:

I was pulling real hard for Alge Crumpler or Gonzals, two TE's we had made a play for last season, but after seeing how much Crumpler's game had slipped from what it used to be last season, in my opinion we don't need to sink millions of dollars into someone who is at the end of their career.

We need to draft a TE or if we go FA, we need someone younger who can grow with the team.

I will admit though DIE HARD, if we landed Gonzalaz I'm sure I would start looking at the positives and be pretty excited about having a good TE after all these years.

Veteran leadership is much needed, Gonzalaz could really help with that aspect. :blink:

I look at 3 different items

#1 Is there a need?

#2 Did Buffalo show interest?

#3 Is he still available and at what cost?

And would this sell tickets? Ralph clearly needs to do something

All I am saying is...lets not count it out completely, it actually makes sense for the Bills

Derek Fine can develop

I think now that KC has a new gm, there is a good possibility for a trade. The old gm Peterson, was a difficult guy to trade with with. He always asked for more than fair compensation. As for now, I wonder if Tony is still worth a 3rd round pick. Last season, we were leading the division at the trade deadline. Tony was the type of guy the bills were hoping could help them maintain their lead. Getting an extra 11 games out of Gonzalez would have made the trade worth it. Those 11 games however, are gone. I'd offer a 4th and 5th and see what happens.

I still beg the question: Why would Tony Gonzales want to play in Buffalo? I mean really why would any HOF player who wants to win a championship want to come to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years, blew a 5-1 start only to finish last in their division, hasn't changed any coaching personnel, plays 1 "home" game in Canada, has no experienced QB, has only 1 other receiving threat... Yada Yada Yada.

You realize TG has to approve the trade right? Give me 3 reasons that outweigh all of the above factors.

I still beg the question: Why would Tony Gonzales want to play in Buffalo? I mean really why would any HOF player who wants to win a championship want to come to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years, blew a 5-1 start only to finish last in their division, hasn't changed any coaching personnel, plays 1 "home" game in Canada, has no experienced QB, has only 1 other receiving threat... Yada Yada Yada.

You realize TG has to approve the trade right? Give me 3 reasons that outweigh all of the above factors.

#1 We have no proof he didn't want to come to Buffalo

#2 Buffalo is better then the Chiefs

#3 You don't always get EXACTLY what you want in Life, you want to move, Buffalo is better then most if you have a family!

#1 We have no proof he didn't want to come to Buffalo

#2Buffalo is better then the Chiefs

#3 You don't always get EXACTLY what you want in Life, you want to move, Buffalo is better then most if you have a family!

#1 Is that really a reason?

#2 I think he has more choices then us or them

#3 See #2