OH Look! A New Palin Thread!

blzrul

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...is this thread an example of you obsessing, or not obsessing, about Palin? I gotta be honest, when I signed on here just now Palin was the furthest thing from my mind...until you brought it up...again.

Are are you contributing to the "successful women either can't stand other successful women or always see them as a threat" thinking? Anymore it's really getting difficult to say that thinking doesn't exist. I just observed it in my work, again, last week, and that makes the 5th time in the last 2 months. :thumbsup:

Regardless, I think it's safe to say that the main threat to success for women is now far and away: other women. Which is nice because I'm tired of being told I am responsible for things I don't even think/care about, much less do.

So...is this thread an example of you obsessing, or not obsessing, about Palin? I gotta be honest, when I signed on here just now Palin was the furthest thing from my mind...until you brought it up...again.

Are are you contributing to the "successful women either can't stand other successful women or always see them as a threat" thinking? Anymore it's really getting difficult to say that thinking doesn't exist. I just observed it in my work, again, last week, and that makes the 5th time in the last 2 months. :thumbsup:

Regardless, I think it's safe to say that the main threat to success for women is now far and away: other women. Which is nice because I'm tired of being told I am responsible for things I don't even think/care about, much less do.

Women only can't stand other successful women if they don't suit their leftist pro-choice agenda. That's when it 's a threat.

Of course all right-wing women applauded Hillary's and Pelosi's rise to powerful positions. :thumbsup:

There are tons of examples of right-leaning women, Peggy Noonan comes to mind, so does my own mother, applauding Hillary Clinton.

Show me one left-leaning women who has praised Palin, other than Greta Van Sustren.

As usual, you can't seem to get your amplification right. If 1000 media/political women crush Palin, and 1 women says something good, it is not "the same" as 100 women crushing Hillary and 200 saying something good, just because there are women on both sides of the issue.

There are tons of examples of right-leaning women, Peggy Noonan comes to mind, so does my own mother, applauding Hillary Clinton.

Show me one left-leaning women who has praised Palin, other than Greta Van Sustren.

As usual, you can't seem to get your amplification right. If 1000 media/political women crush Palin, and 1 women says something good, it is not "the same" as 100 women crushing Hillary and 200 saying something good, just because there are women on both sides of the issue.

Typical liberal argument tactic. Liberals are very talented at this deceitful form of debate to sway the innocent and meek.

They are inately wired this way when they hatch the shell from their alien pod or it could simply be a form of MSNBC osmosis.

Good catch.

Actually, femi-nazi Camille Paglia has frequently praised Palin. She suprised me by calling out the Libs for trashing her out of hand.

Of course, it might just be because she wants to snack on her beaver. :thumbsup:

HILLARY CLINTON, Barack Obama’s defeated opponent in the Democratic primary, has infuriated his supporters by praising Sarah Palin, the Republican vice-presidential candidate, for her performance in last week’s television debate.

“It is amazing, you know, she’s been thrust in the spotlight with very little national preparation and I think, all things considered, you saw a very composed and effective debater,” Clinton said.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle4882414.ece

Rest assured that if it were some other underqualified nitwit, regardless of race, creed or color, we'd be just as disgusted. Would you raise the same points if I'd posted "CarolynPac"? She's not a nitwit but definitely underqualified and you didn't see me support her, or complain that she got torpedoed.

Women only can't stand other successful women if they don't suit their leftist pro-choice agenda. That's when it 's a threat.

Not being a woman you wouldn't know. I don't think you're much of a man either. But a PARROT - definitely. How's Rush today?

For the record I have mentored many women professionally and it's a credit to me when they succeed. And several of them are - wait for it - conservative women who even voted for George Bush! Wow. How about that.

So, you wanna cracker?

Actually, virtually every left leaning woman and media person applauded Sarah Palin for being a good example of a working woman, for her ability to give a great speech, for her poise under the pressure right off the bat. What people started abusing her for was when she was found out to be a fraud, which was a couple weeks later, and in their opinion, not capable of being second in line for the Presidency.

People seem to forget what a lovefest there was for Palin in the first few days (which stretched to weeks for most people while they were getting to know her). Especially as far as being a strong woman. I was one of them. I was amazed at how well she handled herself those first few days. Then after you heard her speak away from the speeches, and saw her try to answer questions, and found out what she was really made of, and how she often wasn't the person that she portrayed herself to be and the McCain campaign portrayed her to be, that her popularity nosedived. That's when it started getting ugly, and IMO it was legitimate. The nastiness of a few bloggers right off the bat was not at all what was going on in the MSM and most of the country.

There were only a few fringe bloggers that were vile to her right off the bat, mainly the one guy from Daily Kos (who, if I recall correctly, and I may not, did not work for Daily Kos, just posted there). The vast, vast majority of the press right off the bat for Palin was extremely favorable.

For the record I have mentored many women professionally and it's a credit to me when they succeed. And several of them are - wait for it - conservative women who even voted for George Bush! Wow. How about that.

Good. But it's a credit to THEM when they succeed, if you are doing your mentoring right...right? Just saying, interesting choice of words...whether the horse drinks or not is not our problem, unless we haven't led them to the water. The action itself must be theirs, same with the credit for taking the action.

That is, unless you are some sort of controlling beyatch that thinks that every one of her underlings needs to be personally ordered or instructed step by step on everything, all the time. The cause for that behavior is usually...seeing everyone/thing as a threat. :wallbash: And in that case, yes, everything they did would, by definition, have to be a credit to you.

But I am fully prepared to give you more credit than that, since I have no idea how you do anything. :thumbsup:

Rest assured that if it were some other underqualified nitwit, regardless of race, creed or color, we'd be just as disgusted. Would you raise the same points if I'd posted "CarolynPac"? She's not a nitwit but definitely underqualified and you didn't see me support her, or complain that she got torpedoed.

You can belabor the details. She hasnt been in office or in the National public eye for long.

But still.....

She's a !@#$ing STATE GOVERNOR. Governors are often elected to the PRESIDENCY.

How the !@#$ is she so "unqualified" that it makes one "disgusted?"

HILLARY CLINTON,

Ok so do we have enough fingers(doubt we need the toes) to count the number of lefties that have praised Palin? Conversely, you'd need a calculator to count the number of righties that have praised Hillary. Crap, when she first joined the Senate, Republicans were signing her praises. (I was going to say falling all over her, but then I thought about that for a sec)

You can belabor the details. She hasnt been in office or in the National public eye for long.

But still.....

She's a !@#$ing STATE GOVERNOR. Governors are often elected to the PRESIDENCY.

How the !@#$ is she so "unqualified" that it makes one "disgusted?"

Because she doesn't know what is going on in the world? She heard about "The Surge" after it happened but didn't really know what it was even though her own son was soon going to Iraq. She actually thought, and defended over and over the idea that because there is a tiny island off the coast of Alaska where if you even went there (which she never did) you could see an island of Russia's that it gave her some foreign policy expertise. That she had never even heard of the Bush Doctrine, or that it existed (I don't even care if she knew what it is as a majority of people don't, because didn't know it existed at all). That she didn't know what the Vice President's job description or powers were, even weeks after she was up for that very job, and that it was very clear she had never read the Constitution. There was an endless list of these things that could make one disgusted that she could be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

There were only a few fringe bloggers that were vile to her right off the bat, mainly the one guy from Daily Kos (who, if I recall correctly, and I may not, did not work for Daily Kos, just posted there). The vast, vast majority of the press right off the bat for Palin was extremely favorable.

I'd say this is generally true....if I was an idiot. The part that you correctly identified is that no lie is too ridiculous for the Daily Kos, or MoveOn, etc., and that they simply have no way form stopping themselves from this shameful behavior. Glad to see you are still capable of at least some objectivity.

The REAL fact is that the Palin pick for VP caught everybody, left and right, with their pants down.

So, yeah, initially what could anybody say? The feminists in the media(hell, even the hot chick on FOX and Friends was doing it) said:

Execute Oprah Winfrey Standard Order 21:

She's a woman, so say good things about her automatically, whether you know anything at all about her or not.

And, until they could come up with a new plan and actually do their jobs properly, they had to operate using these contingency plans(see Duke Rape Case).

Once they realized the very real damage Palin was and could do to Obama, that's when the entire entertainment/media complex got together and came up with the "all-day, all-the-time, We Hate Palin" campaign, that they are still running when they have nothing else to say.

This fact is that Palin and Obama have almost the exact same amount of political experience. It's a fact, so stop spinning. Whenever you get done talking, this fact will remain. Clearly, it's completely hypocritical to play off Obama's lack of experience, and excoriate Palin's. But, I think this all goes back to this irrational hatred issue you all have, nothing more.

Ok so do we have enough fingers(doubt we need the toes) to count the number of lefties that have praised Palin? Conversely, you'd need a calculator to count the number of righties that have praised Hillary. Crap, when she first joined the Senate, Republicans were signing her praises. (I was going to say falling all over her, but then I thought about that for a sec)

I am not a Hillary fan, but she was a hugely popular person and hugely respected person around the country and around the world, as evidenced by getting 18 million votes, and a 94-2 (or whatever it was) confirmation vote for Sec of State. You're complaining that the media isn't fair because they would praise Ben Rothleisberger but not praise Matt Leinart.