Anyone else still finding it hard to get excited about FA or the Draft

Virgil

If they were to take a chance on Cody from Bama, I would be fine with it (sorry Rich).

Cody declined to enter the 09 draft Bill.

He's a boom or bust product, but the idea that it took 2 full seasons for DJ to admit he was wrong by pursuing Stroud ought to alarm even the most hard core proponents of OBD.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had no interest we wouldn't be on this board. There have been only a couple people who have threatened to stop being fans, & they were ridiculed mercilessly. The negative people on this board (I am one myself) have every right to be negative about this team. I prefer to think of it as bitching rather than whining, & you & your 43 posts have NO business telling others on this board where to take their garbage.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Thank you! If you have a problem with the rest of us being sick of being mired in mediocrity then go become a Maple Leafs fan. They've been swallowing the "we're almost a contender" pill for 40+ years. They love pollyanna fans like you.

43 posts and he's "making a statement". Yeesh.....

When a team finishes 7-9 after a 4-0 start the fans are going to attack the coaching staff and to some extent, rightfully so.

Dick Jauron coached the Bears to 13-3 a few years back so he is capable of winning football games.

The players need to play better, and we need to develop some quality backups, and the rest should fall into place.

As for the draft, most fans have trouble getting excited about drafting defensive players, they always want Offense.

Nice Post

Are you implying that the Bills are "a player away" from being Super Bowl contenders?

:thumbsup: No......but I feel we have a lot more talent than many people believe......and certainly a lot more talent than the combined negative views of TSW.

The off-season is usually the highlight of the season for Bills fans, IMO. After the season is over, everyone's undefeated in 09 at least until September.

I don't have any confidence in the Bills front office either because Ralph has absolute control. We also know Brandon isn't anything more than a public face, and has little say when it matters most. If what we read was true about who favored and opposed keeping DJ, I'd say Russ objected strongly and went against Ralph given the marketing angle he's been handed.

If the very guy who was promoted to COO and quasi GM doesn't have enough say, then what else can RW swoop in and overrule him about?

Good Post!

I've found myself becoming less attatched to this kind of stuff. I love talking football with you guys for sure, I love the Bills, and I love speculating about what we will do. It gives me a form of hope for the new season, but I'm also a realist. Unless I see some top notch players coming our way, I don't get too excited. This year taught me that above all others. 4-0 and then 5-1 to finish 7-9 :blink: I was talking all kinds of trash about us winning the division and doing something in the playoffs :D and then the wheels fell off and rolled out of sight. Am I still excited about the draft and FA? HECK YEAH!!! I don't think that will ever change.

well said

If we had no interest we wouldn't be on this board. There have been only a couple people who have threatened to stop being fans, & they were ridiculed mercilessly. The negative people on this board (I am one myself) have every right to be negative about this team. I prefer to think of it as bitching rather than whining, & you & your 43 posts have NO business telling others on this board where to take their garbage.

I can't have an opinon because I only have 43 posts? You do have every right to be negative, if that's how you want to spend your time knock yourself out. I have plenty of complaints about this team too and I post them all the time. I also have the right to say that somebody's dramatics are shameful if I want. So run along and flex your 1400 post muscle to somebody else because I could care less. :lol:

I can't have an opinon because I only have 43 posts? You do have every right to be negative, if that's how you want to spend your time knock yourself out. I have plenty of complaints about this team too and I post them all the time. I also have the right to say that somebody's dramatics are shameful if I want. So run along and flex your 1400 post muscle to somebody else because I could care less. :lol:

I think your posts are worthwhile reads, to date.

:lol::D :D

Thank you! If you have a problem with the rest of us being sick of being mired in mediocrity then go become a Maple Leafs fan. They've been swallowing the "we're almost a contender" pill for 40+ years. They love pollyanna fans like you.

43 posts and he's "making a statement". Yeesh.....

You people and your post number are a joke. I have alot of respect for the football knowledge on this site and enjoy talking the game with everyone but come on are you going to haze me next? I don't have a problem with complaints about mediocrity but some of you make it sound like you mope around all day because of the Bills. I've seen people wish death on Marv, wish death on Dick, wish injury upon our own players, threaten to quit being a fan, threaten to boycott products, threaten to publicly protest, and then post about the draft a day later. I reserve the right to call those people an embarassment to the Bills fanbase.

You people and your post number are a joke. I have alot of respect for the football knowledge on this site and enjoy talking the game with everyone but come on are you going to haze me next? I don't have a problem with complaints about mediocrity but some of you make it sound like you mope around all day because of the Bills. I've seen people wish death on Marv, wish death on Dick, wish injury upon our own players, threaten to quit being a fan, threaten to boycott products, threaten to publicly protest, and then post about the draft a day later. I reserve the right to call those people an embarassment to the Bills fanbase.

I remember being surprised at the negativity on the site when I first found it. I've come to realize that apart from it being only natural(for some to look negatively at things rather than positively).......the site does provide an avenue for people to vent and let off some steam. Most here are extremely loyal fans(fanatics) who sometimes just want to voice their frustrations to other fans.

I do draw the line at people who advocate wishing death/injury though. Being frustrated is no excuse for acting like a complete arse.

BTW, I'm with Cincy.....good posting. :lol: