Is Pat White an NFL QB?

H2o

Hard to say. He's been very impressive in his bowl game and in the Senior Bowl. We all know how elusive he is and he's shown accuracy with his passes. He's made throws through tight windows, thrown an excellent deep ball, and shown accuracy while throwing on the run also. I think he could be a QB in the NFL, but won't get drafted until the 5th or later probably. Would any of you want to see the Bills take a shot on the young man if he's around in the late portions of the draft?

Hard to say. He's been very impressive in his bowl game and in the Senior Bowl. We all know how elusive he is and he's shown accuracy with his passes. He's made throws through tight windows, thrown an excellent deep ball, and shown accuracy while throwing on the run also. I think he could be a QB in the NFL, but won't get drafted until the 5th or later probably. Would any of you want to see the Bills take a shot on the young man if he's around in the late portions of the draft?

Usually when you have a guy like this, and you have to ask.....then no, he isn't. No matter how many times you watch ESPN, and listen to people who think they are being trendy by saying you need a mobile QB.....it's all bullschitt.

See this years Superbowl. And last years, and the year before, etc, etc, etc.

This game still needs a pure passers to win them......Pat White is a fad.

If Pat White is there come round three, you take him, Period!

Round 3? I can't see that at all. I was thinking more round 6. I don't see anyone taking a shot on him that early. I'd be ticked if we drafted him in the 3rd with all of the NEEDS we have on our team. I don't believe he would be the best player available when he's still on the board in round 3 either, or 4, maybe in the 5th.

the guy absolutely cannot make reads on defenses, jp losman could prob make better reads, he is beyond an NFL QB project, he can maybe be a slot receiver in this league

I went to West Virginia for the first semester this year and all of last year (The "peak" of Pat White)...and I must say...

He is the worst quarterback I've ever had the displeasure of rooting for. Awful decision making, and awful preparation make this guy nothing but a talent filled, mindless WR at best.

Good guy, good legs, good motor, but man...he is the definition of a non-pro style QB. He probably wouldn't fare well in the Arena Football League at that position.

I'd best compare Pat White to Antoine Randel El: College QB, tremendous athlete and projects as an athlete in the draft. I see him playing some WR while throwing the ball on the occaisional trick play.

I think White will get picked in the 6th round.

Nice post I agree. I can see him being another Chris Leak.

the guy absolutely cannot make reads on defenses, jp losman could prob make better reads, he is beyond an NFL QB project, he can maybe be a slot receiver in this league

didn't he make reads on a team with an nfl defensive coach in the senior bowl?

Nice post I agree. I can see him being another Chris Leak.

What did chris leak do in the nfl? has he stepped on the field yet?

Also this is a bad comparison. Leak wasn't a running QB. He was actually quite slow. He ran the spread occasionally, but just to keep defenses honest in the urban meyer system.

Say what you will about him, but there is no way he lasts till the 6th like some are thinking. A freshly torn ACL Dennis Dixon was drafted in the 5th round last year, and Pat White has a lot more value outside of the QB position then Dixon had/has. No way White gets through the 4th, I would deffinatly say third.

As for the Pat White scrabling thing. He doesn't have to be Mike Vick rushing for 1000 yards in a season. But with his ability, he can be like a Romo/Rothlesburger/McNabb and really avoid sacks and extend plays. As for his passing, the Sr QBs pretty much suck. As a pure passer alone, Pat White is showing he may be the 4th or 5th best passer amongst all the QBs. If thats true, why wouldnt a team take a run on a guy with the added skill of scrambling, when worst case scenario he becomes a good wr/kr?

Scrambling got JP Losman drafted in the first round...

I went to West Virginia for the first semester this year and all of last year (The "peak" of Pat White)...and I must say...

He is the worst quarterback I've ever had the displeasure of rooting for. Awful decision making, and awful preparation make this guy nothing but a talent filled, mindless WR at best.

Good guy, good legs, good motor, but man...he is the definition of a non-pro style QB. He probably wouldn't fare well in the Arena Football League at that position.

With all due respect to you seeing him first hand, I love the guy. In his last 2 games, he tore up a good UNC team in a bowl game and was the best player at the Senior Bowl. I love after the bowl game, the reporter tried to get him to talk about his performance and all he talked about was the team and winning for West Virginia. IMO, he is a smaller version of Tim Tebow. If he's sitting there in the 4th, I would not be mad at all if we took a run at him. He's a winner and you win with guys like that. It would save a roster spot on 3rd QB and he may develop into something special.

Say what you will about him, but there is no way he lasts till the 6th like some are thinking. A freshly torn ACL Dennis Dixon was drafted in the 5th round last year, and Pat White has a lot more value outside of the QB position then Dixon had/has. No way White gets through the 4th, I would deffinatly say third.

As for the Pat White scrabling thing. He doesn't have to be Mike Vick rushing for 1000 yards in a season. But with his ability, he can be like a Romo/Rothlesburger/McNabb and really avoid sacks and extend plays. As for his passing, the Sr QBs pretty much suck. As a pure passer alone, Pat White is showing he may be the 4th or 5th best passer amongst all the QBs. If thats true, why wouldnt a team take a run on a guy with the added skill of scrambling, when worst case scenario he becomes a good wr/kr?

Scrambling got JP Losman drafted in the first round...

Dennis Dixon is taller with a much better arm.

With all due respect to you seeing him first hand, I love the guy. In his last 2 games, he tore up a good UNC team in a bowl game and was the best player at the Senior Bowl. I love after the bowl game, the reporter tried to get him to talk about his performance and all he talked about was the team and winning for West Virginia. IMO, he is a smaller version of Tim Tebow. If he's sitting there in the 4th, I would not be mad at all if we took a run at him. He's a winner and you win with guys like that. It would save a roster spot on 3rd QB and he may develop into something special.

Tommie Frazier was a winner, too and even more successful than White. White is too small with a weak arm.

Tommie Frazier was a winner, too and even more successful than White. White is too small with a weak arm.

When did Frazier pass for 332 yards and 3 tds in a bowl game like White did (against a Butch Davis coached team no less)? How do you explain White being the best QB on the field against NFL caliber talent last nite? The guy is a player, pure and simple. Some team is gonna be very happy with White in the 4th round.

This game still needs a pure passers to win them......Pat White is a fad.

My uninformed opinion tells me that your statement is too harsh. IMO there's a place for him in the NFL, maybe not as the prototypical QB, but he'll get his chances to throw the football, catch the football and run with the football. He's not a fad, he's an athlete.

Scout.com doesn't even list the guy as a QB in the upcoming draft,he is listed as the #22 WR 6'0 and 190 lb

If he did get a chance to be a QB in the NFL and had some success it sure might open doors for a ton of other players,doubtfull though.

At that height he will have big time problems with vision over his O-lineman, and at 190 lbs the first hit from a blindside blitz should send the guy into neverland. :blink: