Kelsay to be Cut?

Virgil

Your reality sucks.

1) Always good when an average player has durability. Then you find out how average he really is. But I'm sure he's gotten really good at giving speeches in the locker room.

2) ANYONE. Literally, anyone. That's really good money to be handing out to someone who contributes the bare minimum. Use that money towards our first round pick or a big free agent, aye? If you want some names, I'll find some but it's pointless. We tried acquiring Wake from the CFL, which indicates to me that we're looking to replace Kelsay with just about anyone.

3) It wouldn't make a difference. He's average. You'll find that out for the 7th year straight if he remains on the team.

4) HE WAS THE FIRST GUY TO SPEAK OUT FOR HIS COACH. HE LOVES DICK JAURON. He supports this "totally clueless" coach. If he had it his way, Dick would be his coach for life. Probably because he knows under any other coach he wouldn't be a starting defensive end.

OK wet dreamin fantasy boy. Here's one more dose of "REALITY"...

KELSAY AIN'T GOIN NOWHERE!!! Sorry that reality sucks for you. Try puttin on a pair of man pants and dealin with it.

Kelsay is the worst starter on a bad team. Who could replace him and do better? Are you kidding? My grandmother, and she's dead.

I think preston and ellison are in line before kelsay for bad play.

Well, your grandma must be better than Ellis and Bryan, because I didn't notice either of them making a ton of plays.

We'll cut people when someone on the roster outplays them, it's pretty simple.

I admit, i'm not a big Kelsay fan. The man gets paid a ton of money and has never really done anything. He is a back-up at best and generates no pass rush. However, I have to wonder, does he, if not others get cut this off-season.

Everything you hear from our staff, including Kelsay himself, is how one of our biggest offseason needs is to generate a pass-rush. Sure, Shobel was out for a while, but what about the rest of our 4 starters on the O-Line? In Strouds defense, that man got double teamed on every single play. Even with that happening and our other D-Linemen getting obviously matched up man to man, still no pass rush. And honestly, we didn't really have a pass rush with Shobel in there.

We made a play for the Canadian guy, the team said we need a better pass rush, many people have us drafting a DE, and it's one of our highest paid positions on the team. With that being the case, doesn't that basically say that our guys aren't doing their job?

End result? Do we really plan to pay Kelsay, if not possibly Schobel this much money to be a back-up? Cause in all fairness, if we lost both of them, would we really notice a drop off? I mean, how many less sacks could we get without them. Our leading players with sacks was 4?!!?

Tear it down, throw it out, start again.

The problem is that under the salary cap with bonuses that simply cutting a player does not allow a team to tear it down and start again. Please correct me if I am wrong but we have already paid Kelsay a bonus which means he will be "stealing" salary from us for at least a couple more years whether we cut him or not.

If this is the case Ralph has shown no inclination to pay a player big bucks to go play for someone else and benching him may happen but cutting him? I doubt it.

The problem is that under the salary cap with bonuses that simply cutting a player does not allow a team to tear it down and start again. Please correct me if I am wrong but we have already paid Kelsay a bonus which means he will be "stealing" salary from us for at least a couple more years whether we cut him or not.

If this is the case Ralph has shown no inclination to pay a player big bucks to go play for someone else and benching him may happen but cutting him? I doubt it.

Not quite. Cutting Kelsay would definitely save money from Ralph's perspective, b/c Kelsay's got a hefty salary that wouldn't get paid. The bonus is long gone, and unless Kelsay violates his contract, Ralph can't get that bonus money back. Yes, even though the entire bonus has been paid, not all of it has counted against the cap yet. And yes, whatever hasn't been counted against the cap yet will all be counted the year after Kelsay's cut. But the Bills will have so much cap room, Kelsay's dead money wouldn't be a problem.

I admit, i'm not a big Kelsay fan. The man gets paid a ton of money and has never really done anything. He is a back-up at best and generates no pass rush. However, I have to wonder, does he, if not others get cut this off-season.

Everything you hear from our staff, including Kelsay himself, is how one of our biggest offseason needs is to generate a pass-rush. Sure, Shobel was out for a while, but what about the rest of our 4 starters on the O-Line? In Strouds defense, that man got double teamed on every single play. Even with that happening and our other D-Linemen getting obviously matched up man to man, still no pass rush. And honestly, we didn't really have a pass rush with Shobel in there.

We made a play for the Canadian guy, the team said we need a better pass rush, many people have us drafting a DE, and it's one of our highest paid positions on the team. With that being the case, doesn't that basically say that our guys aren't doing their job?

End result? Do we really plan to pay Kelsay, if not possibly Schobel this much money to be a back-up? Cause in all fairness, if we lost both of them, would we really notice a drop off? I mean, how many less sacks could we get without them. Our leading players with sacks was 4?!!?

Tear it down, throw it out, start again.

you are totally brain dead regarding schobel. did you not notice that our front seven tanked when he went down. what we better pray is that we have a healthy schobel next year.

great logic we need pass rush help so we get rid of our best pro bowl DE give me a freaking break.

by the way the crop of DE's coming out this year are nothing to get excited about,dont believe me just ask Pat Kirwin.

what an idiotic statement get rid of our best defensive lineman.

you are totally brain dead regarding schobel. did you not notice that our front seven tanked when he went down. what we better pray is that we have a healthy schobel next year.

great logic we need pass rush help so we get rid of our best pro bowl DE give me a freaking break.

by the way the crop of DE's coming out this year are nothing to get excited about,dont believe me just ask Pat Kirwin.

what an idiotic statement get rid of our best defensive lineman.

Show me anything that proves Shobel is the difference maker the team makes him out to be. The man is the king of coverage sacks and that's about it. I have nothing against the guy, but he is not worthy of the hype, nor pro-bowl status he gets.