Boldin Speaks.

The_Real

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008...tory?id=3843834

Sort of a different take getting it from the horses mouth, huh? Still have all those bad things to say?

I read your link - understood what Boldin was saying. A "me" mouth at a time where team solidarity is paramount...

Were I coach, I'd put that self-indulgent, self-serving punk on the inactive list for the SB.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read your link - understood what Boldin was saying. A "me" mouth at a time where team solidarity is paramount...

Were I coach, I'd put that self-indulgent, self-serving punk on the inactive list for the SB.

I just can't understand why anyone seperates what Warner did or what the defensive players did as less critical. They both questioned their coaches at key points in the game. Everyone has to face the fact that every play in the NFC title game is important. Everyone who has taken the opposing view point of mine points out that it was on the 'game winning drive' and to a point I can respect that. Yet, wasn't Warner being critical at an important point? The defensive players, weren't they being critical at an important time?

How do you think Adrian Wilson would have responded to sitting down? Or Gerald Hayes? If you told those guys who are the defensive captains of the team that they had to sit during a crucial time in the game, what would have been their response? What if they'd of taken Warner out? Do you think he'd of just swallowed it?

You guys expect him to just sit down and agree with being benched. I just don't agree with that stand point.

There isn't a single person on the Bills I'd rather have than Boldin. Not a single one. The guy played with heart on a team that sucked for ages, and it finally comes down to possibly a single drive for the chance to go to the Superbowl, and some of you people think its selfish that he wanted to be on the field and in the game-plan for that drive. Seriously, why else play the damn game? I say good for him getting in the coach's face. Had they lost people would have been questioning why he wasn't in the mix on that drive. Really, man, has it been so long since the Bills have been competitive that some of you are actually ripping a guy for being competitive?

I just can't understand why anyone seperates what Warner did or what the defensive players did as less critical. They both questioned their coaches at key points in the game. Everyone has to face the fact that every play in the NFC title game is important. Everyone who has taken the opposing view point of mine points out that it was on the 'game winning drive' and to a point I can respect that. Yet, wasn't Warner being critical at an important point? The defensive players, weren't they being critical at an important time?

How do you think Adrian Wilson would have responded to sitting down? Or Gerald Hayes? If you told those guys who are the defensive captains of the team that they had to sit during a crucial time in the game, what would have been their response? What if they'd of taken Warner out? Do you think he'd of just swallowed it?

You guys expect him to just sit down and agree with being benched. I just don't agree with that stand point.

He is a member of a team. A football game is a battle. Combat. Boldin is a foot soldier in the battle. Warner is not. He is the field commander.

You listen to Warner, deal with, consider his commentary.

Boldin broke ranks, then continued whining after the game was won. To the eager press.

Inactive.

There isn't a single person on the Bills I'd rather have than Boldin. Not a single one. The guy played with heart on a team that sucked for ages, and it finally comes down to possibly a single drive for the chance to go to the Superbowl, and some of you people think its selfish that he wanted to be on the field and in the game-plan for that drive. Seriously, why else play the damn game? I say good for him getting in the coach's face. Had they lost people would have been questioning why he wasn't in the mix on that drive. Really, man, has it been so long since the Bills have been competitive that some of you are actually ripping a guy for being competitive?

Couldnt agree more...Boldin has always been a class act, and he is a fierce competitor and top 4 WR in this league...I would be upset and wondering why the 2nd best player on this team wasnt in the game too.

He would be hands down the best player on our team in Buffalo.

He is a member of a team. A football game is a battle. Combat. Boldin is a foot soldier in the battle. Warner is not. He is the field commander.

Boldin broke ranks, then continued whining after the game was won. To the eager press.

Inactive.

That's not really true though cinc, he immediately bolted the field so that it wasn't about him. The only reason he's talked about it at all is because the media continually brought it up. Further, Warner is not the captain. Boldin is the team chosen leader of the offense.

Inactive.

Wow. This isn't war, and no, we're not back in 'nam. Get over it.

And your logic is flawed, Warner may be the "field commander," but he also has to take "orders." Or can a field commander simply do whatever he wants?

Also, don't forget who's been on this team much longer.

Everyone who has an issue with Boldin and is screaming for him to be inactive clearly has never played football or at least played at a high level.

What happened is something that happens all the time. There is a lot of emotion going on, especially in a game of this magnitude at a critical point in the game...two people disagreed, it happens. Boldin didnt come out and make a big issue about it, he even tried to keep the spotlight off him for his teammates.

This guy is an incredible teammate and makes personal sacrifices for this team. His teammates voted him team captain. In fact, when he and Fitz are healthy who has the most TD's...Boldin.

Do you even understand the risk he took for this team coming back so soon from that injury this year? Not only does he come back, but he doesnt miss a beat and continues going over the middle where MOST WR's fear and avoid. You cant expect a guy with that kind determination and commitment to just take it lightly when he is healthy and not in the game on the FRANCHISES most important drive of all time.

Its called passion, and its something our team sorely lacks. There isnt a guy on our team that could hold this guys jock...

it always amazes me how moralistic and altruistic the members of this board are - always so very quick to pass judgement on another individual.

I'm sure if you were working hard for a company your entire professional career, there through the start-up period and rough years where it wasn't producing much, but now finally see your company becoming successful (and you were a major part of that transition) only to have your boss tell you: "thanks, but you can stay home" or "thanks, but we don't want you attending this next conference" or "thanks, but we don't need you on this account anymore" I'm sure you would all be cheery and warm inside right? what a bunch of hypocrites some of you are.

Oh, and I love the post about his agent. Another thing that always amazes me about fans. this criticism comes from a society that switches jobs 5 times a year if need be, just to get an increase of 5K on their salary..people who would hold your respective companies "hostage" if need be for an extra $2 an hour...but yet some of you sit there criticizing a player because he chooses to obtain the services of an agent that is known to get his clients the most lucrative contract possible. No, YOU wouldn't want that.

And don't give me the flawed argument that "well, with that much money, I wouldn't care." Right, keep telling yourself that.

They need a RB, we have two...

I say trade them Lynch for Boldin and we'll run Jackson. Not a knock on Lynch, I am a fan, but Jackson would do fine as an everydown back and Boldin would open up our offense and give Trent one more WR he can't find in the open or throw to and will help expedite his replacing...lol

Let's see: Az is driving in the 4th qtr of the NFC title game. The OC, whose job it is put his team in the best position to win, is in the middle of attempting out think the other team and get plays into his QB in rapid fire order. He opts to go w/ a package that doesn't include Boldin, and he has endure said prima donna SCREAMING IN HIS FACE as the game is being decided. OK, that makes a lot of sense, if you're a moron. So the coaches have to stop and EXPLAIN to a guy why he isn't involved in a particular series? Yea, OK. Not on my team....BTW, Said prima donna signed a $22.5 million, 4 YEAR extention LAST YEAR. So at the beginning of the second season, this year, with 3 of the 4 years left to go, he demands a new deal. And this is OK because....why?.....Because Fitz got more? Puleeeeze. Boldin is a great player, but also a punk and a prima donna. And nothing in the article at the top of this thread changes that.

Inactive.

It's football, not your local Sunday church choir.

The coaches aren't dumb enough to bench one of the game's best receivers for a sideline spat. Appears that you differ with their opinion. Fair enough... but it's a fairly idealistic (and unrealistic) stance to take in an emotionally charged game like football.

That's not really true though cinc, he immediately bolted the field so that it wasn't about him. The only reason he's talked about it at all is because the media continually brought it up. Further, Warner is not the captain. Boldin is the team chosen leader of the offense.

Don't argue with these folks, as they have been bred for mediocrity... while other teams are winning and improving themselves, the Bills are a laughingstock of the league. Let them ridicule players who have proven themselves in the league and who are passionate about helping their teams... they get what they deserve: perennial losers like Robert Royal, John McCargo, and Chris Kelsay.

Don't argue with these folks, as they have been bred for mediocrity... while other teams are winning and improving themselves, the Bills are a laughingstock of the league. Let them ridicule players who have proven themselves in the league and who are passionate about helping their teams... they get what they deserve: perennial losers like Robert Royal, John McCargo, and Chris Kelsay.

Dawgg...why is it that you assume that criticism against Boldin's actions equate to being 'bred for mediocrity' (that's like saying that when I criticize Jason Peters I want the Bills to continue to lose more than they win) ? He did something that I feel was way out of line and I've said so. Not out of line to the umpteenth power, but out of line. That doesn't mean he's a horrible human being. That doesn't mean that he is not a very fine football player. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't be a welcome addition to this very team (my opinion only).

All that it means IMO is that he screwed up. He distracted his OC during the pivotal drive in Cardinal's franchise history. That IMO is screwing up. Stop trying to tie everything together with neat little bows.

He's downplaying it.

The coaches are downplaying it.

The players are downplaying it.

Don't assume that all is peachy keen though. They have to say what they've said. They have to try to put it behind them. They have the SUPER BOWL coming up in a week & a half. Does that mean that all will not put this behind them with time? Of course they will (should).

That's an assinine statement that completely ignores common sense.

Dawgg...why is it that you assume that criticism against Boldin's actions equate to being 'bred for mediocrity' (that's like saying that when I criticize Jason Peters I want the Bills to continue to lose more than they win) ? He did something that I feel was way out of line and I've said so. Not out of line to the umpteenth power, but out of line. That doesn't mean he's a horrible human being. That doesn't mean that he is not a very fine football player. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't be a welcome addition to this very team (my opinion only).

All that it means IMO is that he screwed up. He distracted his OC during the pivotal drive in Cardinal's franchise history. That IMO is screwing up. Stop trying to tie everything together with neat little bows.

He's downplaying it.

The coaches are downplaying it.

The players are downplaying it.

Don't assume that all is peachy keen though. They have to say what they've said. They have to try to put it behind them. They have the SUPER BOWL coming up in a week & a half. Does that mean that all will not put this behind them with time? Of course they will (should).

I don't take issue with what you say BB. He crossed the line? Sure. Players cross the line all the time and often times in a way far worse than Boldin. There are posters calling him an "****" and declaring that he should be inactivated. That's a bit harsh all things considered.