Remember when?

1990 thru 1993 were the best years of my life. I want to feel that great feeling at least one more time before I die. Go Bills!! :thumbsup:

I was at all of the playoff and championship games that were in Buffalo during those years. The Bills looked like a juggernaut during those times, but their achilles heel was the defense. The D had some great players, but wasn't solid enough all around to be SB winners. Doesn't really matter for me though. I know I got to watch some of the best players, and best football, ever played.

1990 thru 1993 were the best years of my life. I want to feel that great feeling at least one more time before I die. Go Bills!! :thumbsup:

those were definately the years...actually '88 to '98 was a pretty good 10 years...the last 10 have obviously not been good

I still cant believe Jauron is still the Bills head coach...ok, now Im depressed

I was at all of the playoff and championship games that were in Buffalo during those years. The Bills looked like a juggernaut during those times, but their achilles heel was the defense. The D had some great players, but wasn't solid enough all around to be SB winners. Doesn't really matter for me though. I know I got to watch some of the best players, and best football, ever played.

Nonsense. We had a great D. Our problem was a QB who called his own plays that wanted to be Super Bowl MVP.

PTR

What??

It's true we were outclassed in the last 3 SBs but in SB25, we should have throttled the Giants. Yeah they held the ball a long time but in the end they only scored 20 points. The Bills were a scoring machine then and should have beat any team held to 20 points.

In my opinion we lost that game because Jim Kelly would not opt out of the pass-happy no huddle when it was obvious the Giants were going to grind the game to a crawl. Worse, Kelly kept passing when the Giants rushed only two...TWO! They dropped 9 into coverage. Think you could have run on that? Actually Thurman Thomas had 135 yards on 15 carries. That's 9 yards per carry! So why did Thurman only get 15 touches?

Again, my opinion: Kelly was arrogant. He was going to win the SB the way he won games all season...as a gunslinger. Instead of adjusting to what Bellicheat was doing, he took it as a challenge. He was going to win the game with his arm. He was not going to change during the biggest game of his career, even though Thurman was running wild on the Giants.

Also Marv Levy was not going to get in Jim's face and tell him to run the ball more. Jim was a god and no one could tell him how to play football, which was exactly what Bellicheat was banking on.

One more thing...the play right before the 47 yard FG attempt, Thurman was one tackler away from scoring a TD and winning the game.

PTR

I won't dispute much of what you say, but the Bills had the ball for 19 minutes and ended up with over 375 yards of offense and 19 points. Plus, if the FG is good we win the game!

Yes, but when is a 47 yarder a gimme? I think the Bills should never had to win the game on the last play. If they gave the ball more to Thurman, Bellicheat would have had to play more guys at the line. Then Kelly could have opened it up. Ego...stupid ego cost us a championship.

PTR

Nonsense. We had a great D. Our problem was a QB who called his own plays that wanted to be Super Bowl MVP.

PTR

I dont know what you were watching but their defense was FAR from great, they were an ok unit but far from great and it showed in the super bowl when they couldnt get the Giants off the field

yes they should have ran the ball more in that game and that falls on the coaches just as much as it does on Kelly but considering they scored close to a point for every minute they had the ball (defense scored 2) in that game you would think if the defense could have got more stops that they would have won that game

calling out Kelly for that loss is a joke....they wouldnt have been there without him

I dont know what you were watching but their defense was FAR from great, they were an ok unit but far from great and it showed in the super bowl when they couldnt get the Giants off the field

yes they should have ran the ball more in that game and that falls on the coaches just as much as it does on Kelly but considering they scored close to a point for every minute they had the ball (defense scored 2) in that game you would think if the defense could have got more stops that they would have won that game

calling out Kelly for that loss is a joke....they wouldnt have been there if they didnt have a QB like Kelly that knew how to read a defense

True, but if he read that D then why didn't he call Thurman's number more?

PTR

calling out Kelly for that loss is a joke....they wouldnt have been there without him

Thomas averaged like 7 yards per carry. Even Parcells couldn't believe he didn't get the ball more.

Yes, but when is a 47 yarder a gimme? I think the Bills should never had to win the game on the last play. If they gave the ball more to Thurman, Bellicheat would have had to play more guys at the line. Then Kelly could have opened it up. Ego...stupid ego cost us a championship.

PTR

When the Bills are hosting the Browns in windy RWS and Dick Jauron is the HC.