Julius Peppers wants out

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Jets should go back to the 4-3 personally. I think the reason Gholston didn't see the field this year was because he had never played LB before. Some guys just aren't a good fit even though they have been labled as "tweeners". Jenkins is another guy who fits the 4-3 better IMO. Oh well, who cares. Whatever makes the Jets more ineffective is fine with me. :wallbash: As for Peppers, honestly, as much of a freak the guy is athleticly, he gets shut down when the game gets physical, I wouldn't get into a bidding war for the guy.

you really shouldn't have posted this.

don't you know the drums that are currently being banged here?

34 is better than 43 in all cases.

we have no DEs and every DE in the nfl besides ours gets pressure every play, and it doesn't matter who you have at WR or in the secondary, all that matters is the line!

34 and a good coach will win every single game 100% of the time.

and jp just needs one more chance!! it's the system!

My thought is - We should cut Schobel b/c he's no longer hte player he was 3 years ago and he's 32. We should use that money to sign peppers if it's possbile. If we can't get him we should direct our attention to Suggs. We're in dire need of some type of a pass rusher. Schobel is not the answer. I think with paying kelsey 6 million is a bit much also... We could use the high salaries for the both of them on either Peppers or Suggs!

Forget the salary cap, let's cut all the big earners. The deal Schobel signed makes it impossible to cut him this season without taking a huge hit. Ditto for Kelsay as well, he'd count 5M against the cap this season.

The Bills are bad enough in their front office. Compounding their ineptitude by cutting overpaid veterans only adds insult to injury.

Forget the salary cap, let's cut all the big earners. The deal Schobel signed makes it impossible to cut him this season without taking a huge hit. Ditto for Kelsay as well, he'd count 5M against the cap this season.

The Bills are bad enough in their front office. Compounding their ineptitude by cutting overpaid veterans only adds insult to injury.

So lets take the hit. So what? those DEs are completely useless. Get it over with already.

you really shouldn't have posted this.

don't you know the drums that are currently being banged here?

34 is better than 43 in all cases.

we have no DEs and every DE in the nfl besides ours gets pressure every play, and it doesn't matter who you have at WR or in the secondary, all that matters is the line!

34 and a good coach will win every single game 100% of the time.

and jp just needs one more chance!! it's the system!

yes true. we have zero DEs. Dont use all the other garbage to try and cover that up.

So lets take the hit. So what? those DEs are completely useless. Get it over with already.

It's not that simple. Cutting Schobel and Kelsay will result in 10M plus of dead cap room at the DE position alone.

The Bills' bad moves since Levy took over have placed this team in dire straights. I suspect Kelsay will get the axe after this season, but Schobel isn't going anywhere. Marv made sure of that, and for the record, Kelsay will be 30 during the season. Schobel and Denney both turn 32 this year. They'll be going DE in the first round if Orakpo or E. Brown make it to 11.

70 sacks in 105 games. 36 passes batted down. 4 interceptions and 500+ tackles. Consider he is double teamed on most downs. He can take a few downs off with that production.

Peppers is well noted to take downs off. We need a DE with his skill but not one with his heart for the game.