Jim Schwartz and the Detroit Lions

Considering that this is the type of Head Coach we would have ended up with if Jauron has been turned loose, what do you guys think about the hiring?

He broke into the league as a "researcher" for Belichick, so he knows how to cheat.

But do you think, had we brought him in, he would lead us to a better record than 7-9 next year?

Link to story in case you havent heard....

Schwartz is an excellent coach, but he's facing an uphill battle. He'll need to put together a good staff and come up w/ a solid plan in terms of free agency and the draft. This team has glaring needs all over the place, so they certainly have their work cut out for 'em.

Schwartz is an excellent coach, but he's facing an uphill battle. He'll need to put together a good staff and come up w/ a solid plan in terms of free agency and the draft. This team has glaring needs all over the place, so they certainly have their work cut out for 'em.

May The Schwartz be with you.

Schwartz would be lucky to win four games next year. They don't have the personnel to pull an Atlanta or Miami. They won't turn it around until a star QB is in place.

his job in Detroit is going to be a lot of hard work, no doubt.

but im wondering what everyone's opinion of him is as the would-be Bills head coach...

im all for upgrading the head coach position to a Cowher or Marty. but since we know that when Dick goes, this will be the type of coach that comes in, would we be that excited if the Bills hired this guy? or his like? is that really an upgrade?

does any body else see another, Gregg Williams in the making? Just a thought I mean, he was Jeff Fisher's defensive goon expert also. But best of luck to Jim Shwartz, hope he can win more than 0 wins. But Detroits defense has be terrible for years, well that goes for the whole team, it's been bad for decades. But I think it will take a lot, from him to get more than 4 wins.

his job in Detroit is going to be a lot of hard work, no doubt.

but im wondering what everyone's opinion of him is as the would-be Bills head coach...

im all for upgrading the head coach position to a Cowher or Marty. but since we know that when Dick goes, this will be the type of coach that comes in, would we be that excited if the Bills hired this guy? or his like? is that really an upgrade?

I'm convinced at this point that Wilson will have to luck into finding the next coordinator on the rise. To me, contrary to the regular arguments for "continuity", it's an argument for turnover in the coaching department until someone impresses you.

So who knows if a guy like this would be an upgrade, but at this point the Bills have little to lose by trying to find out.

does any body else see another, Gregg Williams in the making? Just a thought I mean, he was Jeff Fisher's defensive goon expert also. But best of luck to Jim Shwartz, hope he can win more than 0 wins. But Detroits defense has be terrible for years, well that goes for the whole team, it's been bad for decades. But I think it will take a lot, from him to get more than 4 wins.

I'm with you. Gregg hasn't even been a good DC let alone HC since he left Tenn. Jax was better on defense before he got there & the Skins were better on defense after he left. I doubt Shwartz will be any better than Gregg was.