Battlestar Galactica returns Friday

John Adams

So what the hell is Kara if Tigh's wife is the last one?

I've said it before - the writers are making crap up as they go. It's very obvious.

They have to try to explain Baltar somehow as well.

Also -- if the Centurian's were "a different model" on Earth, why are the other Cylons the exact same and kept their memories?

Oh well... I'll watch the last 9 episodes.

Or maybe there's a 13th model that we'll find out about now that no one had a clue about.

Wouldn't be surprised about that. The writers are good at making stuff up as it comes alnog with no foreshadowing at all. <_<

I think the writers have been planning Kara's origins for a long time.

You give them WAAAAY too much credit. :flirt:

I read an interview one or two seasons ago where they basically said they're winging it. When they were on the planet (not Earth) for example, the guy said, "We really though about having them see a guy walking around, asking who he was, and him replying, 'I'm God.'".

It's ironic because at the start of episodes, it says the Cylons "have a plan," but they really don't. :wallbash:

Read this interview, where you'll see there's no plan:

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.s..._ron_moore.html

"In terms of "Galactica," how long have you known how you were going to end it?

In general terms, over the last year and a half, somewhere in the middle of season three I started asking, 'What's the shape of the ending? What's going to happen at the end of the show and what's going to be the case when they meet up with whoever they meet up with?' As we got into season three, I started thinking of it more seriously, and last summer, almost a year ago, we had a writer's summit up in Lake Tahoe and said, "It's going to end here." But a lot of the pieces didn't fall into place until I was sitting at the computer writing the teleplay that I realized exactly how the cards were going to fall for different characters."

and:

"Whereas you've been pretty candid about the fact that you'll throw stuff out there and figure it out later, and yet people assume there's some cohesive plan to "Galactica." How do you pull that off to make it seem like there's a plan?"

and:

"So, for instance, when you decided who four of the Final Five would be, how much thought did you have to put into it before revealing it in "Crossroads," and how much was, "Oh, we'll say this and figure it out over the hiatus"? The impulse to do it was literally an impulse. We were in the writers room on the finale of that season, always knew we would end season 3 on trial of Baltar and his acquittal, the writers had worked out a story and a plot, they were pitching it to me in the room. And I had a nagging sense that it wasn't big enough, on the level of jumping ahead a year or shooting Adama. And I literally made it up in the room, I said, "What if four of our characters walk from different parts of the ship, end up in a room and say, 'Oh my God, we're Cylons'? And we leave one for next season.""

I have read the interviews before/ Nahhh, I think a lot of it is unplanned but certain parts are planned. Not having a full plan is different than no planning at all.

When they say that they sat in a room while writing the season finale and said, "Hey, let's make these four people the final four Cylons," that tells me that they don't have any plan at all. :blush:

Okay, that sucked. Cylons having babies? I'm thinking more and more the entire series will be a "bad dream" of one of the characters.

My favorite part of this episode was when they FINALLY addressed the baby that Chief and Caly had -- "Oh, it's not a Cylon halfbreed like Hera, the girl we never talk about anymore -- Caly had an affair that you never knew about! Surprise!!!" :thumbsup: