Amani Toomer

BeastMode54

Bobby Chandler

James Lofton

Quinn Early

Lofton was neither over the hill nor a possession receiver.

The other two were good players - but probably did not add value over your average, younger replacement player (a good measurement that www.footballoutsiders.com uses to measure effectiveness). And also see Bobby Shaw.

THe New York Post is reporting that Toomer will most certainly have to play for another team next year. While he is 34, he is also 6'3" and is an excellent possession receiever still at his age, with great hands. If we were to bring him in, and groom Johnson and Hardy under him, I think it would be a very solid signing. With his age as well, he would be a cheaper and more viable option for us as well.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142009/sport...zzle_150106.htm

The last time I remember signing an over the hill receiver it was some guy named Lofton. Boy did he suck.

even though quinn early and bill brooks were older WRs when we picked them up, they were awesome. I loved those guys.

Other than Thurman's fumble nothing hurt the Bills more in XXVIII than Bill Brooks dropping two key third down catches in Dallas territory to kill drives. Can't forgive him.

Quinn Early was my next door neighbor growing up. He was a 4.3 guy in high school. I don't remember how much burst was left by the time the Bills got him (Chargers wasted his talents early in his career). Fantastic, decent guy.

I think Reed's fighting for extra yards at the end of the first half instead of getting out of bounds hurt us as well. Not to mention not keeping 8 guys in the run box in the second half- there was no reason to back our safeties up.....their passing game wasn't a threat

I think Reed's fighting for extra yards at the end of the first half instead of getting out of bounds hurt us as well. Not to mention not keeping 8 guys in the run box in the second half- there was no reason to back our safeties up.....their passing game wasn't a threat

I wasn't a Bills fan back then, but as I recall from watching the game, the Bills were ahead at 1/2 time. It seemed they came out for the second half tentative and afraid they were going to blow it again. Then when I think it was Thurman fumbled, the bottom fell out and they were doomed.

I wasn't a Bills fan back then, but as I recall from watching the game, the Bills were ahead at 1/2 time. It seemed they came out for the second half tentative and afraid they were going to blow it again. Then when I think it was Thurman fumbled, the bottom fell out and they were doomed.

If we kept 8 men in on defense we would have gotten the momentum back. Aikman should have been at home or in a hospital......he had no business playing and can't even remember parts of the game. Emmitt Smith destroyed us because of a bad defensive call by Walt Corey

Other than Thurman's fumble nothing hurt the Bills more in XXVIII than Bill Brooks dropping two key third down catches in Dallas territory to kill drives. Can't forgive him.

Yeah....because one bad game (albeit at the wrong time) is a perfect reason to hate a player forever.

I'd be completely on board with Toomer. He's the ultimate professional and his veteran presence could only help this group.