The final Bush Press conference

An absolutely incredible piece of revisionist history. Still never admitting mistakes about anything, still coming up with lying insane rationalizations. The part about Katrina was exceptionally galling. Like Raygun before him the right wing revisionists are coming out of the woodwork to save his legacy, though this time I don't think it is going to work.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An absolutely incredible piece of revisionist history. Still never admitting mistakes about anything, still coming up with lying insane rationalizations. The part about Katrina was exceptionally galling. Like Raygun before him the right wing revisionists are coming out of the woodwork to save his legacy, though this time I don't think it is going to work.

Typical Tard . Your brown eyes come from having your head in that dark unsanitary place. It must have affected your hearing as I heard him say he made a mistake in that 'Mission Accomplished ' sign . Take your meds a start over. :wallbash:

To blame him for Katrina is the galling part. It took 2 days to get food and supplies to people spread over an entire coastline in an unprecedented disaster. Tens of thousands of people were rescued in the first week. Hundreds of thousands were provided for and eventually moved. What else you could have REASONABLY expected him to do? Only in America could people B word about the extraordinary rescue that took place in response to that disaster.

His press conference made me angry and pitiful of him at the same time- it truly showed the weakness that precluded him from being a good president. Sure, he is bitter about his legacy- but you smile, wave and move on- he didn't have the strength to do that- and its a shame he has to go out that way.

His moves were paved with good intentions, but we know about good intentions. He talks about how good he has made the economy- look where we are. He claims to have inherited a recession when he took office- sure it wasn't as good as Clinton made it look to be, but we were in good shape.

Unpredictable? We knew a disaster was coming- we should have been more prepared. Still, it was unpresidented so he gets a bit of a pass on that.

We represent freedom to the world- no we don't. We represent a fractured bunch of self rightous losers.

It would have been a tough eight years for anyone in the office of the President of the United States- the world climate is as bad as it can be right now- and that includes economically. I don't know if anyone could have done a really good job.

He should have been advised to handle the press conference differently- his legacy is set in stone.

To blame him for Katrina is the galling part. It took 2 days to get food and supplies to people spread over an entire coastline in an unprecedented disaster. Tens of thousands of people were rescued in the first week. Hundreds of thousands were provided for and eventually moved. What else you could have REASONABLY expected him to do? Only in America could people B word about the extraordinary rescue that took place in response to that disaster.

Oh come on! Like they didn't know this was coming. Read the NOAH weather report before the storm.

Oh come on! Like they didn't know this was coming. Read the NOAH weather report before the storm.

Knowing it's coming is a lot different than knowing levees would bust and flood an entire city. It took 2-3 days to get services to most of the willing evacuees. That's frankly amazing given the devastation.

His press conference made me angry and pitiful of him at the same time- it truly showed the weakness that precluded him from being a good president. Sure, he is bitter about his legacy- but you smile, wave and move on- he didn't have the strength to do that- and its a shame he has to go out that way.

His moves were paved with good intentions, but we know about good intentions. He talks about how good he has made the economy- look where we are. He claims to have inherited a recession when he took office- sure it wasn't as good as Clinton made it look to be, but we were in good shape.

Unpredictable? We knew a disaster was coming- we should have been more prepared. Still, it was unpresidented so he gets a bit of a pass on that.

We represent freedom to the world- no we don't. We represent a fractured bunch of self rightous losers.

It would have been a tough eight years for anyone in the office of the President of the United States- the world climate is as bad as it can be right now- and that includes economically. I don't know if anyone could have done a really good job.

He should have been advised to handle the press conference differently- his legacy is set in stone.

It's just too bad that he never had the gumption to stand up to his daddy and say "I just wanna cut brush and live off my trust fund, so leave me be". Then Poppy would have sent Jeb to DC. Jeb might have done a halfway decent job.

It's just too bad that he never had the gumption to stand up to his daddy and say "I just wanna cut brush and live off my trust fund, so leave me be". Then Poppy would have sent Jeb to DC. Jeb might have done a halfway decent job.

It would have been a difficult time for anyone in all fairness

Thank you.

I'm still in disbelief that The Union didn't rebuild Atlanta and Richmond when their nasty troops leveled them, that the 1871 Chicago Fire went without a Federal emergency response and 6,000 drowned in the Galveston hurricane in 1900 while the Federal Government did nothing. By all accounts they're still looking for FEMA in San Francisco to rebuild after the 1906 earthquake/fire.

Completely agree. Preparations for Katrina were handled just like every other major hurricane; except this time the levee broke (oh right, insufficient levees were Bush's fault too) and all the idiots who ignored the warnings and evacuation orders were stuck in the flood. The rescue efforts were extraordinary and limited the collateral damage to a very large extent.

The fallacy about Bush and Katrina is yet another example of our whiny society needing to blame someone whenever the world dishes out something we don't like, and the MSM jumping right in to lead the charge. It's laughable that so many of our 'enlightened' posters here continue to buy into that one.

So what exactly was Bush supposed to do? Usurp the authority of the governor and mayor before the storm even hit? Force people to leave the city at gunpoint? I'm sure you 'tards would have supported that. I can just see the CNN footage....

The Tards in NO had plenty of time and resources to leave the area.The Mayor of Tardville , himself a Tard, mis handeled the initial evacuation. I guess the Tards in NO were waiting for their welfare check to float down the street . Tards are weak stupid people that cant take care of themselves

Tell it to the people who died at the convention center waiting for help. I'll never forget that image of a dead woman in a chair covered with a blanket who died in front of the convention center waiting for help. Bush rolled FEMA into Homeland Security which increased the bureacracy, and appointed an unqualified person to head it. Forces could have been helicoptered in with short term supplies and to provide security. His lack of focus and sense of urgency will be a permanent blemish on his presidency.

Lets not push that "in good shape" concept too far. We were coming off the greatest asset bubble in US history in 2001. Of course, we remedied that by creating two of the greatest asset bubbles in world history...but hey, we don't need no stinking recession...

Completely agree. Preparations for Katrina were handled just like every other major hurricane; except this time the levee broke (oh right, insufficient levees were Bush's fault too) and all the idiots who ignored the warnings and evacuation orders were stuck in the flood. The rescue efforts were extraordinary and limited the collateral damage to a very large extent.

The fallacy about Bush and Katrina is yet another example of our whiny society needing to blame someone whenever the world dishes out something we don't like, and the MSM jumping right in to lead the charge. It's laughable that so many of our 'enlightened' posters here continue to buy into that one.

Actually, I talked to someone down there- wasn't complaining about any of that. He just wanted to know why Bush didn't make an appearance like he did at Ground Zero. I think he has a good point.

Everyone down there knew there was a very good chance the levee would break

and appointed an unqualified person to head it.

That's the understatement of the century!

One could make the argument that since the director of FEMA is the only person that can dispatch the US Military without Congressional consent, he could be considered the most powerful man on earth. So appointing someone from his post as the head of the International Arabian Horse Association to this status seems a bit irresponsible. No?

Also, are folks here really going so far as to call the Katrina response a SUCCESS!? Sure, there was a lot accomplished in the first few days, but that was all but negated by the months of inaction which followed.

Tell it to the people who died at the convention center waiting for help. I'll never forget that image of a dead woman in a chair covered with a blanket who died in front of the convention center waiting for help. Bush rolled FEMA into Homeland Security which increased the bureacracy, and appointed an unqualified person to head it. Forces could have been helicoptered in with short term supplies and to provide security. His lack of focus and sense of urgency will be a permanent blemish on his presidency.

4 out of 20,000 people died at the convention center. In an unprecedented national emergency. Again, that's an amazing response and rescue by the US government. I could not be more proud of the way that rescue went.