Rex Ryan is the leading candidate for jets HC job

According to Pro Football Talk, Rex Ryan is the leading candidate for the Head Coaching Job for the stinking jets. http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/12/...front-for-jets/ If that's the case, say good bye to drama farve. I don't think Favre will work with Rex Ryan. I say the jets after falling 4-5 games will follow into the 09 season.

According to Pro Football Talk, Rex Ryan is the leading candidate for the Head Coaching Job for the stinking jets. http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/12/...front-for-jets/ If that's the case, say good bye to drama farve. I don't think Favre will work with Rex Ryan. I say the jets after falling 4-5 games will follow into the 09 season.

Ugh ... I was hoping that Buffalo would have had a shot at him in 2010 given that I expect DJ will do his usual inept job in 2009

If you think about it, is rex ryan the real success for the ravens solid defense. Remember he was the one who cost them the victory, that could have been the patriots one loss of the 2007 season, if he didn't blow a time out on 4th and 2 with over 2 minutes to go. I think take Killer Ray, Ed Reed, and Terrell Suggs off that team, and you'll have an average defense.

If you think about it, is rex ryan the real success for the ravens solid defense. Remember he was the one who cost them the victory, that could have been the patriots one loss of the 2007 season, if he didn't blow a time out on 4th and 2 with over 2 minutes to go. I think take Killer Ray, Ed Reed, and Terrell Suggs off that team, and you'll have an average defense.

Players play, coaches coach. The better the players...the better the coach. But, that coach has to put people in a position to...make plays. If he gets the job it will be interesting to see if Ryan fits the players to the scheme or the scheme to the players. First time HCs that fail generally try to fit the players into the scheme. Gotta be more than a 1 trick pony.

Wouldn't taking Favre off the Jets help the Jets?

Think of the Bills without clean up the city boy or the glove wearing Mary.

who knows what can help the jets, shaun ellis was the so called hero against the bills after picking up a fumble, from the lostman and return it to the end zone, and looked like a zero the following week, for throwing a big chunk of snow at the sea hawks fans in Seattle. So I don't know what will ever help the jets. Oh yeah maybe drafting there own players, instead of spending $100 million dollars for free agents, that could help also.

Wouldn't taking Favre off the Jets help the Jets?

Depends on Clemens - the funny part in the whole Faurve saga is that the Jests screwed themselves for two seasons. They whiffed on this past season in large part due to Faurve turning the ball over so often and the upcoming one because Clemens got to play water boy to the future HOFer instead of honing his skills on the field of play.

Clemens may practice well and play hard making him a "good teammate" in Dickie J's eyes.

The Jets have a YOUNG defense that is only going to get better with Gholston, Harris, Revis, and whomever else they take to play LB in the first round this year. They also have Jenkins anchoring the NT position. They will be a tough opponent next year. Their offense is where all of the problems lie. Jones is 30 and his drop-off is soon coming. Coles isn't really happy with the organization either. They have Cotchery, Keller, Ferguson, Faneca, and Mangold, but who is going to lead the offense. Kellen Clemens? Yeah. I think they're kind of in a situation similar to ours.

This is good - when we fire Jauron next season, with McDaniels going to Denver and Ryan to the New Jersey, we will still have a shot at...

Mike Leach

I'm getting worried that you may just have a man crush on this guy. You appear to be his most ardent fan. Hard to argue that he would be anything other than an improvement over Jauron but that says little for the guy.

I'm getting worried that you may just have a man crush on this guy. You appear to be his most ardent fan. Hard to argue that he would be anything other than an improvement over Jauron but that says little for the guy.

:oops: he likes :wallbash: pirates! How can you not want him to coach your team?

Well that's a kinda back-handed compliment - is there anyone who wouldn't be an improvement over Jauron? :oops:

No man crush - just enjoy colourful characters who are also great coaches...

Regarded as one of the most innovative offensive minds in college football, Leach has had a winning season every year since his tenure began at Tech. Wishbone formation creator Emory Bellard has stated that Leach does the best job of any offensive coordinator in the nation.

Link

He consistently beats schools with bigger programs and better recruits...

He [Leach] had great success as offensive coordinator at Oklahoma, and so his style of play had proven itself at the highest level...To appreciate what he’s done you have to appreciate how hard it is to get players -- he gets third or fourth bite of apple down there [at Texas Tech]. He's working with everyone else’s rejects. Generally, he’s doing so much more with so much less....If he was at big-time factory and they let him do what he does, and not get in the way, it would be unfair. I mean, is it moral to score 100 points every game? ...But if he had gone to say, U.S.C., 10 years ago and installed his system there, it would be comical. He would score every time - and he would have a defense by default because he would get great athletes.

Link

He has a proven track record of getting the most out of his QBs...

Arguably one of the most innovative coaches in the country, Mike Leach has not only transformed Texas Tech Football, but also the face of college football with an all-out aerial assault...The Texas Tech program has established itself as one of the nation's leading producers of productive quarterbacks since the 2000 season. Current quarterback Graham Harrell threw for 4,555 yards in his debut as the starter in 2006 and became the sixth player and third Red Raider in NCAA history to throw for 5,000 yards in a season with his 5,705-effort in 2007.

Link

Plus, like BeerSphere said, the guy loves pirates...

...so how could you not want him to coach your team????:wallbash: