DraftTek Mock Draft

Astrobot

Like Derek Fine, Derek Schouman, Robert Royal, Courtney Anderson, Teyo Johnson, Ryan Neufeld, Brad Cieslak, Michael Gaines, Kevin Everett, Tim Euhus, Dan O'Leary, Bobby Collins, Sheldon Jackson, Pat Fitzgerald, Tony Cline, Lonnie Johnson, A.J. Ofodile, Vince Morrow, and Stephen Clark?

How many more years are you going to "short yourself the TE" and "find one later in the draft or FA"? Because that's just the last 18.

Best. Post. This. Week.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I think any TE will have the immediate and long term (outside of injury) impact on the team that Maualuga will have? No, I do not.

I do.

A bona-fide TE would open up the middle of the field, give Trent another receiving threat, take teams' attention off of Lee, back them off the line of scrimmage for our running game, and pretty much transform the entire offense. Without a second threat in the passing game, Lee is going to continue to see double coverage and a 2 deep zone, Trent is going to continue to see 6 guys dropping back in coverage, and you are going to continue to see dump off passes to the running backs and Bills losses.

What is Maualuga going to do to our defense?... make us slightly better in the running game, and add virtually nothing to the pass rush? A good TE makes the TE position better, the QB position better, the receiving corps better, and the running game better. Who does Maualuga make better... the OLB held by Keith Ellison?

You can't tell me that Maualuga has more value to the outcome of games and the team than a legit receiving threat at TE.

I do.

A bona-fide TE would open up the middle of the field, give Trent another receiving threat, take teams' attention off of Lee, back them off the line of scrimmage for our running game, and pretty much transform the entire offense. Without a second threat in the passing game, Lee is going to continue to see double coverage and a 2 deep zone, Trent is going to continue to see 6 guys dropping back in coverage, and you are going to continue to see dump off passes to the running backs and Bills losses.

What is Maualuga going to do to our defense?... make us slightly better in the running game, and add virtually nothing to the pass rush? A good TE makes the TE position better, the QB position better, the receiving corps better, and the running game better. Who does Maualuga make better... the OLB held by Keith Ellison?

You can't tell me that Maualuga has more value to the outcome of games and the team than a legit receiving threat at TE.

It's opinion, great thing everyone has them. On this we disagree.

Regarding a TE...we finished the year with

a strong running game

RBs leading the league in receptions (I believe that's the case)

Reed catching everything thrown his way

Johnson showing he can play the game (IMO)

Evans as the #1 receiver

Yet you feel a TE will make all the difference?

I do.

As much as I agree with how valuable a good TE would mean to our team, I disagree in the impact of whatyou believe a stud playmaking linebacker could do for our defense. Maluaga probably would be more than just a run stuffer, did you happen to see what he did for USC in the OHio State game?

As much as I agree with how valuable a good TE would mean to our team, I disagree in the impact of whatyou believe a stud playmaking linebacker could do for our defense. Maluaga probably would be more than just a run stuffer, did you happen to see what he did for USC in the OHio State game?

I am one of THE biggest Maualuga supporters there is. He's an animal. However, I feel the impact of a good TE would be greater than the impact of a good LB for this team right now.

We need a freak of nature on defense. A Defensive End that sacks QB's. Not ones that we had last year who just looked bad. They looked like fish swimming up field. We need a D end or outside LB some way or another.

How many times do I have to spell this out. Get Bertrand Berry in FA. Draft Everette Brown in the first rd, Chase Coffman in the 2nd and Antoine Caldwell in the 3rd. All four of these guys epitomize the term "football player", not guys who play for a paycheck. This my friends will cure the playoff woes the Buffalo Bills have been facing the past 10 years.