Hardy May Be Out most of 2009 Season

box0life

I've read that Hardy is having surgery on his ACL on Monday with a 6 to 7 month rehabilitation time. That means he misses all offseason workouts, camps and will be basically be useless throughout the preseason. Chances are he will not see any significant playing time next year even if his rehab goes well. It will take him another year before he has any chance to contribute to this team. Based on this news, I think it is imperative that we pick up a solid FA WR this year or draft a true stud receiver. By the time Hardy has any real progression for this team he will be labeled a bust due to this injury and his raw talent that will not have any time to develop in the next year. Remember Yatil Green for the Miami Dolphins? Same thing happened to him.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read that Hardy is having surgery on his ACL on Monday with a 6 to 7 month rehabilitation time. That means he misses all offseason workouts, camps and will be basically be useless throughout the preseason. Chances are he will not see any significant playing time next year even if his rehab goes well. It will take him another year before he has any chance to contribute to this team. Based on this news, I think it is imperative that we pick up a solid FA WR this year or draft a true stud receiver. By the time Hardy has any real progression for this team he will be labeled a bust due to this injury and his raw talent that will not have any time to develop in the next year. Remember Yatil Green for the Miami Dolphins? Same thing happened to him.

I hope we bring in a Vet--we don't have time for another Rookie WR.

Chances are he will not see any significant playing time next year even if his rehab goes well.

How does that make sense? If he rehab goes well he should be ready to go by opening day...how exactly will he not be able to contribute? He's had a full season of practice already, it's not like he's going to be a rookie next year and in a new system...

How does that make sense? If he rehab goes well he should be ready to go by opening day...how exactly will he not be able to contribute? He's had a full season of practice already, it's not like he's going to be a rookie next year and in a new system...

My thoughts exactly.

Some people like to be dramatic about stuff. According to box0life's analysis, we should probably just cut James Hardy while we can. :(

I sympathize with James Hardy since I plan to be out for most of next year, too. Why ever would one spend time, money, and emotion on a team that promises no return whatsoever?

Would you buy a [fill in the blank] from a company with the failure record of the Bills? A company that tells its potential customers there will be no administrative/managerial changes? A company whose revenue stream has little or no connection to the personal consumers of the product?

Me either!

I sympathize with James Hardy since I plan to be out for most of next year, too. Why ever would one spend time, money, and emotion on a team that promises no return whatsoever?

Would you buy a [fill in the blank] from a company with the failure record of the Bills? A company that tells its potential customers there will be no administrative/managerial changes? A company whose revenue stream has little or no connection to the personal consumers of the product?

Me either!

Why wait? Why bother even posting after Jauron was retained? :(

. By the time Hardy has any real progression for this team he will be labeled a bust due to this injury and his raw talent that will not have any time to develop in the next year.

I don't get this thread. You are saying give up on him now, since he'll be coming in late next year. Hardy will be fine, he's just comin along a little slow. also, it wasn't like there were a ton of opportunies for Bill's receivers....they were 24th in offense this year.

It's a good thing fans don't make the roster moves. The Bills wouldn't have a solid roster for longer than 1 game.

His route running is bad, he is slow to understand the pro game, it usually takes a year for a player to get back to 100% full physically and mentally from ACL injuries, and he showed no real promise during his first year. Do you really think he is going to be 100% ready by the start of the season? He also may be a step slower then last year which again won't help his cause.

To me, he's useless and will not contribute next year. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.

I hope we bring in a Vet--we don't have time for another Rookie WR.

Don't have time? Where are you going? Hot date or something? We are at least a year or two away- and thats only if we focus on teh lines instead of the fluff positions. We aren't going to get good faster because the fans want it so.

I don't get this thread. You are saying give up on him now, since he'll be coming in late next year. Hardy will be fine, he's just comin along a little slow. also, it wasn't like there were a ton of opportunies for Bill's receivers....they were 24th in offense this year.

It's a good thing fans don't make the roster moves. The Bills wouldn't have a solid roster for longer than 1 game.

You really have to love the fans who throw around the "bust" label if a draft pick isn't an All-Pro halfway through his rookie season.

You really have to love the fans who throw around the "bust" label if a draft pick isn't an All-Pro halfway through his rookie season.

Some people just get mesmerized by the talking heads on the radio and in the paper. Remember- Dan Wilkinson was a bust....despite playing in the league for over a decade

His route running is bad, he is slow to understand the pro game, it usually takes a year for a player to get back to 100% full physically and mentally from ACL injuries, and he showed no real promise during his first year. Do you really think he is going to be 100% ready by the start of the season? He also may be a step slower then last year which again won't help his cause.

To me, he's useless and will not contribute next year. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.

I agree. He did nothing this year for a team that was desperate for a #2 WR. Now his knee is being reconstructed. He's toast. Time to find a veteran WR because if we rely on Hardy at all our chances for a playoff run will fizzle.