Kurt Warner can beat any defense

RLflutie7

Kurt Warner is the best QB in football.............so long as he's got at least 5 seconds to make his reads and throw.

Besides DelHomme throwing four gift interceptioins yesterday, the Pathers didn't seem to be capable of generating anything resembling a pass rush. It seems almost like they abandoned the pass rush in favor of flooding the backfield with defensive backs. That's a bad mistake against an experienced QB like Warner. He had all day to pick them apart.

The next team he will play is capable of generating a strong rush with 5 to 6 guys. If they make it to the Superbowl and play either the Ravens or the Steelers, he'll be playing against teams that can rush the passer with 4 to 5 guys.

Plus he'll be going up against Ed Reed or Troy Palomalu. If they start knocking him around early, he's going to start pressing. That equals picks.

In 2002-2003, there were just as many sportswriters and Rams fans in St L clamoring to run Warner out of town, as ever the Stadium wall has heard clamoring for the backs of Jauron and Losman. 7 Int vs 1 TD? 6 fumbles in the season opener? Uh, 7 and 9 season? C'mon guys, get real, what would you say about that?

Warner's replacement, Bulger, is a very sound QB. He was clearly out-playing Warner at the time the Rams let KW go and for some years afterwards.

Don't get me wrong, Warner is a genuinely good, sincere man as well as a hard-working team-focused football player.

I'm delighted to see him having success this season as it is well earned and well deserved.

But the Rams, if anything, looked like taking too long to make a decision back in 2002-2003.

I think Warner would be the first to say his success has a lot to do with the quality of his receivers. Boldin and Fitzgerald now, Bruce and Holt back in the "Greatest Show on Turf" days. Watch carefully, the wideouts have to adjust their timing and dive and leap to make him look good, and the TE and backs have to be dangerous enough to keep coverage from blanketing the receivers.

I don't think Zona will be letting Kurt go, so whether he could make Evans, Reed, Hardy and Royal look good and whether the Bills OL is good enough to support him = whatcha get when you cross a Malamute with a Pointer (a Moot Point)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Warner:

2002–2003 seasons

Warner began the season 0-3 as a starter, throwing seven interceptions against only one touchdown. In their fourth game against the Dallas Cowboys, Warner broke a finger on his throwing hand, and despite attempting to come back later in the season, his injury only allowed him to play two more games (both losses). In contrast to his 103.4 career passer rating entering the season, Warner posted a minuscule 67.4 rating in 2002. Warner was replaced as the Rams' starting quarterback after fumbling six times in the opener of the 2003 season against the New York Giants. Warner's replacement as the Rams quarterback, Marc Bulger, would be named to two Pro Bowls and is currently third all-time in completion percentage (trailing only Warner and Chad Pennington).

I stand by my post because the decision was based on about 7 bad games. He set records, won SB and took the team to another SB and they get rid of him. Retarded.

Warner had 3 phenomenal years followed by 5 horrendous ones, now followed by 2 very good years. The Rams were right to let him go. His final 2 years on the rams, 2002 and 2003, he only started 7 games due to injury and tossed 4 TDs and 12 picks in those 7 games. He then got benched in NY in 2004 after playing bad. And he did nothing during his 1st 2 seasons in arizona, where he could climb no higher than the backup.

Sure, his resurgence has been remarkable, but lets not pretend like this guys has been tearing it up during his entire NFL career.

The guy took the time to find old posts of mine to find out what my posting tendencies are, then PMs me not once but TWICE about it...and then says that I AM the one that needs to lighten up.

LMAO.

Boy, you sure know how to take the P out of PM.

Warner had 3 phenomenal years followed by 5 horrendous ones, now followed by 2 very good years. The Rams were right to let him go. His final 2 years on the rams, 2002 and 2003, he only started 7 games due to injury and tossed 4 TDs and 12 picks in those 7 games. He then got benched in NY in 2004 after playing bad. And he did nothing during his 1st 2 seasons in arizona, where he could climb no higher than the backup.

Sure, his resurgence has been remarkable, but lets not pretend like this guys has been tearing it up during his entire NFL career.

Dennis Green as HC vs. Ken Whisenhunt as HC?

Dennis Green as HC vs. Ken Whisenhunt as HC?

Perception as much as anything. He was beaten to a pulp in St Louis. Injured hand, fumbled all the time. Knocked silly too many times, fumbled all the time. He needed some time 'away' to put himself back together again. A very good QB, but we'll see what Jim Johnson dials up for next weekend.

To me Warner's greatest ability was hitting his receivers in stride with very 'catchable' balls. Short passes rung up the YAC.

Ramius maligned Warner's first 2 seasons in AZ, after leaving STL. Is your implication that Warner was damaged goods and needed 3 years to recover? :rolleyes:

No didn't need 3 years, but it took time (Leinart getting injured) for Warner to overcome the perception that he was washed up. If Leinart isn't injured last year (IMO) Warner is still sitting the bench.

Ramius maligned Warner's first 2 seasons in AZ, after leaving STL. Is your implication that Warner was damaged goods and needed 3 years to recover? :rolleyes:

Warner didn't exactly light it up his first 2 years in Arizona. In 2005, he started 10 games and tossed 11 TDs vs 9 INTs. In 2006, he threw 6-5 in 5 starts. That is 5 consecutive horrible years by him before the recent resurgence. If Warner had looked like he could go another 4-5 years, the cards would not have drafted matt leinart.

I think he's getting a little too much credit. Arizona was 9-7 this year in the worst division in football! And Warner does have the best recievers in the nfl. This guy was competing with Matt Leinart just 5 months ago don't forget.

Say what you want about the NFC West, but 2 out of the last 4 years, the road to the Super Bowl has gone through the NFC West division winner's house.

To paraphrase LenDale White.... Kurt Warner SUCKS!!!

Seriously, if I had more time I would mock warner with revised lyrics to the song about how much Pearl Harbor (the movie) sucked from Team America.

What is it about the dry desert air that makes him appear so damn good?

1. Two EXCELLENT recievers, forget Bruce and Holt, these guys make them look like amateurs.

2. Two more decent ---->good complementary recievers.

3. Ladies and Gentleman, THE NFC WEST aka the worst division in football.

4. Fantastic Head coach who realizes points 1-3.

But i wish him all the luck in the world because at the end of the day he still has to go home to his Ellen-esque wife. I mean if she doesn't look like she's been playin "clamdigger" i don't know who does. Not to mention the little stunt she pulled in St. Louis getting on the radio and all that nonsense. Let me be the first(or maybe not) to say that if the Bills went out and signed Warner I would personally denounce my fandom. Hes a joke.

Also to that guy with the stick in his ass.

Nobody cares about who is offensive towards you or if you are offensive towards them here. Ok? The only reason the poster likely brought up your old posts is because you are a hypocritical douche bag. Get a life.