Percy Harvin

Drafting any Tight End in this class @ 11 or in the 1st round for that matter is a mistake even OBD wont make. We seriously dropped the ball last year in not drafting a worthy TE. Last years class was sick. And we f-ed up. Sound familair?

there are more tight ends projected to go in the first.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea what compensation for him signing with another team would be? If i think correctly, it would be nothing since the compensation picks are awarded on where we drafted the player. am i right?

I am 90% sure he is a ERFA

"EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENT (ERFA): A player whose contract has expired and has three or fewer tenured years in the league. His original team must make a contract offer by the league imposed deadline or the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. No compensation is awarded for losing EFAs. "

If he is just a RFA

"RESTRICTED FREE AGENT (RFA): A player whose contract has expired and has fewer than four tenured years in the league. He may sign an "Offer Sheet" with any other team, but his original team has seven days to match any offer he receives. If the original team does not match the offer, compensation will be awarded in the form of draft picks from the signing team. The round and quantity of picks are determined by the "Qualifying Offer" made by the player's original team. If a RFA is tendered a minimum qualifying offer the compensation is the equivalent of the round in which that player was originally selected. If that player was originally a rookie free agent, no compensation is awarded. "

I know there is a 1st R tender and a 1st & 3rd, not sure if there are anymore

EDIT: There is also a 2nd R tender

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent

EDIT2: Did a quick search found this

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=277381

Unrestricted Free Agents

QB JP Losman

QB Gibran Hamden

WR Justin Jenkins

OC Melvin Fowler

OC Duke Preston

OG Jason Whittle

OG Kirk Chambers

OLB Angelo Crowell

CB Jabari Greer

Restricted Free Agents

FS George Wilson

MLB John Digorgio

OLB Keith Ellison

Exclusive Rights Free Agents

QB Matt Baker

DE Copeland Bryan

RB Fred Jackson

LS Ryan Neil

TE Derek Schouman

I saw this post before the game and was paying extra close attention to Harvin although he was impossible not to notice. Let me say this. There were basically two rookie wideouts that made a big impact last year, DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal.

So I would say that I would lean away from a pure wideout at #11. Most take two or more years to develop.

On the other hand, Reggie Bush, for all his detractors had a large impact receiving and to some degree running in limited touches as a rookie. Same this year before his injury.

And...the Titans were very heavily criticized for not taking a wideout (perceived as their biggest need) and taking Chris Johnson instead. That worked out pretty damn well for them even while LenDale White had huge touchdown numbers and plenty of touches.

So what I'm saying is that Percy Harvin defies definition. He will be subjected to the conventional prejudices by those who don't want to draft a rookie wideout or those who want an every down player or those who don't like small running backs.

However, he averages 13-14 yards per touch and is going to be a great weapon to whichever team drafts him. I was very impressed. The Bills' defense went from bad to average last year. The offense needs to be improved this year.

I would prefer Gresham but I wouldn't be unhappy with Harvin. I also wouldn't be unhappy with Everette Brown or Brian Orakpo either because great pass rushers are hard to find and you get them if you can, especially if your pass rush sucks, which ours does.

Those four players are at the top of my board right now. Probably not all four will be available when we pick. That's why you have a board.

are you kidding me? I'd scream for percy harvin, but not in the excited, happy manner.

Yeah I like Steve Johnson a lot too. He reminds me of (and this is not an insult) a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald. The funny part of this whole "get more weapons" discussion is that there is a fair chance that both Hardy and Johnson take steps forward and become legit NFL receivers. If we added another pass catcher in this year's draft and Hardy and Johnson came of age next year, we'd suddenly have a glut of talent at that position.

And then people will be screaming about how we shouldn't have drafted Harvin/Maclin/Gresham, etc.

That's why I still think pass rusher is the way to go. Even in a best case scenario, we won't have enough good pass rushers next year. Unless Chris Ellis and Copeland Bryant far exceed expectations. And I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Porcelain Harvin gets banged up waaay too easily. While he is a game changer he is just not the type of player we need right now.

Lets get a solid OL and give the game breakers we already have a chance to do something. Harvin is a luxury pick, we need some big ugly men.

Is he not a playmaker? Does our offense not lack playmakers?

You can lead a blogger to knowledge but you cant make him think.

Here's a news flash for you.....

Draft a defensive End @ 11 : Orakpo wont fall to us. Last year Michael Johnson was projected a 3rd rounder. He had a less than awesome senior year but still finds himself somehow projected to go in the 1st. Why you ask? because this draft class sux at Defensive End. Particularly if you want a pass rusher who fits the 4-3 scheme. 1- E. Brown is a reach @ 11 and a dumb one at that. Most likely, as history suggests, we will bring in some washed up, 2nd tier, DE in FA that Chris Brown will put a spin on worthy of the Obama campaign and the world will be saved. Sound familiar?

Drafting any Tight End in this class @ 11 or in the 1st round for that matter is a mistake even OBD wont make. We seriously dropped the ball last year in not drafting a worthy TE. Last years class was sick. And we f-ed up. Sound familair?

Draft a LB @ 11? Not good either. Curry is the best defensive player in the draft and there is a host of teams that pick before us that will jump on him in a heartbeat. 2- Rey Mauluaga is a 3-4 LB. And our fanbase would collectively crap itself if we moved the highky overated POZ to OLB and brought in Spikes. Laurenitis is this year's Dan Connor. Plus we will either re-sign Crowell or bank the farm on Bowen.

3- Alex Mack @ 11 is too early for a center. He's awesome but guys like A.Q. Shipley and Jon Luigis will be around in the 3rd where centers usaully go.

4- Draft a DB like Mays or Jenkins or even Monroe? plausable with this coaching staff.

5- That leaves the drafting of a playmaker like Harvin, Maclin or Heyward-Bey(second round steal) as the most logical option.

1- Everett Brown had a MONSTER year. 36 tackles, 13.5 sacks, and 21.5 TFL. The 21.5 tackles for loss shows that he shows up against the run as well. Vernon Gholston's stats from his Senior year were 37 tackles, 14 sacks, 15.5 tackles for loss. It wouldn't be a "dumb" pick by any means if he makes it to us at pick #11.

2- Don't go by everything that you hear from Todd McShay and Mel Kiper. Maualuga played in a 4-3 system at USC the last time I checked and played VERY well.

3- If Mack is the best player at his position and it's a position we desperately need, then why not take him at #11? Would I like to trade back, add a pick in the 2nd or 3rd, and still get the guy? Yes. But I wouldn't flip out if they took him at #11. He'll be a Pro Bowl player within 2 seasons.

4- Mays would be awesome to have, but he's not going to be around at #11. He'll more than likely be a Pro Bowl player within a couple of years as well. He reminds me of Ronnie Lott and Steve Atwater, only faster. The guy is an athletic freak of nature. As big as some LB's in the NFL, but playing S at the highest level. He'll be a standout.

5- Harvin or Macklin would be nice to have for sure, but we can't use the #11 pick on either of those guys. If we make a trade to drop back in the 1st, address C, DE, and LB spots in FA, and are able to move Parrish, then yeah let's take another WR. If the other needs are not addressed in FA, then we have to go somewhere else with our 1st round pick. We don't want to be like the Lions of years past.

After 2nite's game, I am willing to that most of Bills Nation will be screaming for Percy Harvin.

think about this...... Harvin is a WR/RB hybrid with all world speed. Our fearless leader, Trent, likes to check down to his RB, our OC loves to put the RB out into the slot WR position. Our backup RB was a big part of the passing game this year. Harvin is like Reggie Bush without all the hype, I think Harvin is for real.

Fred Jackson is a UFA this offseason. You gotta know that scouts around the league realize this guy can start at RB on alot of teams.

I love Jackson, he just isnt the type of RB that screams "change of pace runningback". I love how Jackson runs. It reminds me of Marshawn Lynch. Too much. Think Lendale White/Chris Johnson of the Titans or Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, Deuce and Reggie, Jacobs and Bradshaw, Larry Johnson and Anthony Aldridge. I want the Buffalo version of Smash"n"Dash!!!!

This guy PERFECTED the scatback/Wildcat formation.

Almost all of you will agree that thie biggest thing this offense lacks is a true gamebreaker. I mean, Lee will burn you deep but hasnt been too impressive in the RAC area. Lynch wont break 50yd TDs like Adrian Peterson. Roscoe, to say the least, has been diappointing in the passing game. Reed's steadyness is his greatest strength, but that TD in St. Luis was his 1st in 2 yrs. Hardy needs time to develop but will never be a gamebreaker.

You can say " draft Crabtree if he drops" or take a chance on Maclin. Some of you think that Jermain Gresham is the key. HARVIN is the playmaker this team is aching for!

And He benches 375lbs+!!!!!!

Lets start a movement.

He probably will be a decent weapon in the NFL, but I believe if we lock up Jackson now, he won't be that expensive. We do have lots of other more pressing needs than finding a third rb/wr. If he was available maybe in the fourth round, then I would say it would be worth it.

Porcelain Harvin gets banged up waaay too easily. While he is a game changer he is just not the type of player we need right now.

Lets get a solid OL and give the game breakers we already have a chance to do something. Harvin is a luxury pick, we need some big ugly men.

Holy crap!!! we have a gamebreaker on the team already? better than that we have gamebreakerS(plural?!)

Where the fruck were they the last 16 games?!!!!!

Holy crap!!! we have a gamebreaker on the team already? better than that we have gamebreakerS(plural?!)

Where the fruck were they the last 16 games?!!!!!

Of all offensive weapons, the WR has the least ability to make plays, by himself, in the NFL. If the OC doesn't utilize the skills of the WR, and the QB won't, or can't, get the ball to him, he is relatively helpless. While I think Harvin has skills, they would be wasted in this Bills offense. Right now, the skills of Parrish and Evans are wasted in that offense. Adding Percy to the Bills offense would be like adding a cherry to a s#it sundae. It looks nice, but it doesn't make the sundae significantly better. The Bills have some very pressing needs to be competitive, and WR isn't near the top.

I also worry about Harvin's durability. He was constantly dinged in College, expect that to be worse in the NFL.

After 2nite's game, I am willing to that most of Bills Nation will be screaming for Percy Harvin.

think about this...... Harvin is a WR/RB hybrid with all world speed. Our fearless leader, Trent, likes to check down to his RB, our OC loves to put the RB out into the slot WR position. Our backup RB was a big part of the passing game this year. Harvin is like Reggie Bush without all the hype, I think Harvin is for real.

Fred Jackson is a UFA this offseason. You gotta know that scouts around the league realize this guy can start at RB on alot of teams.

I love Jackson, he just isnt the type of RB that screams "change of pace runningback". I love how Jackson runs. It reminds me of Marshawn Lynch. Too much. Think Lendale White/Chris Johnson of the Titans or Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, Deuce and Reggie, Jacobs and Bradshaw, Larry Johnson and Anthony Aldridge. I want the Buffalo version of Smash"n"Dash!!!!

This guy PERFECTED the scatback/Wildcat formation.

Almost all of you will agree that thie biggest thing this offense lacks is a true gamebreaker. I mean, Lee will burn you deep but hasnt been too impressive in the RAC area. Lynch wont break 50yd TDs like Adrian Peterson. Roscoe, to say the least, has been diappointing in the passing game. Reed's steadyness is his greatest strength, but that TD in St. Luis was his 1st in 2 yrs. Hardy needs time to develop but will never be a gamebreaker.

You can say " draft Crabtree if he drops" or take a chance on Maclin. Some of you think that Jermain Gresham is the key. HARVIN is the playmaker this team is aching for!

And He benches 375lbs+!!!!!!

Lets start a movement.

I think this is how Matt Millen made his draft decisions.

Of all offensive weapons, the WR has the least ability to make plays, by himself, in the NFL. If the OC doesn't utilize the skills of the WR, and the QB won't, or can't, get the ball to him, he is relatively helpless. While I think Harvin has skills, they would be wasted in this Bills offense. Right now, the skills of Parrish and Evans are wasted in that offense. Adding Percy to the Bills offense would be like adding a cherry to a s#it sundae. It looks nice, but it doesn't make the sundae significantly better. The Bills have some very pressing needs to be competitive, and WR isn't near the top.

I also worry about Harvin's durability. He was constantly dinged in College, expect that to be worse in the NFL.

still waiting on our gamebreakers to be pointed out to me.

still waiting on our gamebreakers to be pointed out to me.

The Bills have several gamebreakers at returner: Parrish. McGee and McKelvin are all threats to score when they touch the ball. On offense, Evans is one of the leagues best, and most consistent deep threats, and Parrish is a TD waiting to happen, if the offense (and the QB) could get him the ball. Parrish wouldn't break the Bills' returner lineup, but could add a dimension to the offense, as a combo RB/WR (like Jackson with more speed and big-play ability). My point is, that dimension would be underutilized in this offense, and isn't as needed as a quality Center, TE, DE or LB, right now.

OK, now you address how Harvin will be better for the Bills' success than a pass rush.