I am still having a problem with Dick Jauron

I know, get over it, right?

I am not going to get over it because it is costing us "Wins" every season.

Let me ask you this....

There are 32 head coaches in the NFL and they should be the very best coaches in the country.

Most high School head coaches master clock management before they are even considered for Head Coach.

How do you explain running the ball with 30 seconds remaining on the clock against New England.

Bill Billechick must have been laughing all night about that one.

If that's not bad enough, how do you explain calling a huddle? A quick score and unside kick could have won the game.

Think of it this way...this is like hiring a bank teller that does not know how to count money,then offering them an extension when the books show continuous discrepancies.

Perhaps you think Dick Jauron will improve, well you have more patience then me.

Some of you have already given up on Derek Fine and James Hardy, yet you are willing to give Jauron a free pass with over 15 years experience in coaching.

If Ralph does not address clock management this off season by turning over the duties to someone else, it will cost us big time next season. I can list over 15 games where the clock was not used properly in the last few years and so could you!

I hate harping on this issue, but the situation is ridiculous.

Its just plain crazy to expect your players to be well prepared for every game when your head coach can not even manage the time, down and situation.

Just because the players say they love the guy, does not mean he is a good coach.

-Die Hard 1967

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you this....

There are 32 head coaches in the NFL and they should be the very best coaches in the country.

Most high School head coaches learn about clock management before they are even considered for Head Coach.

How do you explain running the ball with 30 seconds remaining on the clock against New England.

If that's not bad enough, how do you explain calling a huddle. A quick score and unside kick could have won the game.

Think of it this way...this is like hiring a bank teller that does not know how to count money,then offering them an extension when the books show continuous discrepancies.

Perhaps you think Dick Jauron will improve, well you have more patience then me.

Some of you have already given up on Derek Fine and James Hardy.

If Ralph does not address clock management this off season by turning over the duties to someone else, it will cost us big time next season.

I hate harping on this issue, but the situation is ridiculous.http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=Post&CODE=02&f=1&t=80973&qpid=1285805

Yeah, you are harping on this issue, and in doing so your footing the blame where it doesn't belong. Turns out the play doesn't come in from Jauron, it comes in from Schonert, a rookie OC. Also, and I made this point in another thread about the end of the half against NE, at some point your QB has to make matters into his own hands and improvise. They were close enough for a field goal that he could have been a big boy, ignored what coaches wanted him to do and spiked the ball.

Yeah, you are harping on this issue, and in doing so your footing the blame where it doesn't belong. Turns out the play doesn't come in from Jauron, it comes in from Schonert, a rookie OC. Also, and I made this point in another thread about the end of the half against NE, at some point your QB has to make matters into his own hands and improvise. They were close enough for a field goal that he could have been a big boy, ignored what coaches wanted him to do and spiked the ball.

Jauron is responsible anyway you want to cut it!

Please don't make it sound like this is was the first time

Dick Jauron's contract extension is through 2011, the stadium lease is up in January 2012, and no coaching changes, GMs, or serious moves are being made to improve the team in any way.

Sadly, the writing is on the wall, Ralph doesn't care about a winning team anymore, and is just holding on till he's gone. IMO this is selfish on his part and dooming the franchise's future in WNY. Dick Jauron is merely filling a role that Ralph needs filled, and he doesn't care the outcome at the end of the season.

When you ask the question:

Why put all that effort towards a successful product when you won't be around to reap it's benefits?

Is it really a surprise that this team will not be a winner anymore?

Only a miracle new owner that intends to keep the team in WNY with the desire to win will change the current status quo.

Dick Jauron's contract extension is through 2011, the stadium lease is up in January 2012, and no coaching changes, GMs, or serious moves are being made to improve the team in any way.

Sadly, the writing is on the wall, Ralph doesn't care about a winning team anymore, and is just holding on till he's gone. IMO this is selfish on his part and dooming the franchise's future in WNY. Dick Jauron is merely filling a role that Ralph needs filled, and he doesn't care the outcome at the end of the season.

When you ask the question:

Why put all that effort towards a successful product when you won't be around to reap it's benefits?

Is it really a surprise that this team will not be a winner anymore?

Only a miracle new owner that intends to keep the team in WNY with the desire to win will change the current status quo.

The issue needs to be addressed and Ralph already hinted at the problem a few weeks ago!

Let me ask you this....

Most high School head coaches learn about clock management before they are even considered for Head Coach.

If that's not bad enough, how do you explain calling a huddle? A quick score and unside kick could have won the game.

If Ralph does not address clock management this off season by turning over the duties to someone else, it will cost us big time next season. I can list over 15 games where the clock was not used properly in the last few years and so could you!

Its just plain crazy to expect your players to be well prepared when the head coach is clearly lost!

Stop beating yourself up. Jauron will not succeed as a head coach in Buffalo or anywhere else. We're all playing the waiting game.

Let me ask you this....

Its just plain crazy to expect your players to be well prepared when the head coach is clearly lost!

Get over it!!

Guest dog14787

Let me ask you this....

Everything gets magnified when you lose. Although I do believe clock management was a contributing factor as to why Buffalo finished with a losing season, I believe its only one of many reasons. Turk Shonert clearly does not have the experience or knowledge needed to devise and implement a good game plan and to me, replacing Turk Shonert with an experienced and reputable OC is the biggest improvement Buffalo can make in the off season.

Everything gets magnified when you lose. Although I do believe clock management was a contributing factor as to why Buffalo finished with a losing season, I believe its only one of many reasons. Turk Shonert clearly does not have the experience or knowledge needed to devise and implement a good game plan and to me, replacing Turk Shonert with an experienced and reputable OC is the biggest improvement Buffalo can make in the off season.

Dog, I agree with you.

All I am asking for is for the problem to be addressed

Guest dog14787
Dog, I agree with you.

All I am asking for is for the problem to be addressed

As well it should be, it is one of the more glaring and obvious problems and one that should be easily correctable. Some posters suggested bringing in a clock management coach which to me, shouldn't be necessary. If DJ doesn't make better game time decisions this coming up season, he doesn't deserve to be a HC in the NFL.

Your right, he is a time management genius

Yup, that's exactly what I said.

May be you should REEEEEEAD what I wrote. Or else cite another example aside from the New England game, when clock management had to do with getting the offensive play in on time- i.e. something not at all pertaining directly to JAURON, but more directly to the QUARTERBACK and OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

If you have another specific example of clock mismanagement in 2008- I'm all ears.

Guest dog14787
Yup, that's exactly what I said.

May be you should REEEEEEAD what I wrote. Or else cite another example aside from the New England game, when clock management had to do with getting the offensive play in on time- i.e. something not at all pertaining directly to JAURON, but more directly to the QUARTERBACK and OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

If you have another specific example of clock mismanagement in 2008- I'm all ears.

At what point do we stop blaming the OC and start blaming the head coach for allowing the OC to continue making mistakes?

The biggest improvement that COULD have been made would be get a BETTER HC that would have brought in with him COMPETENT coordinators. This was not done & I doubt Dick changes ANYTHING in 09.

Let me ask you this....

Once again I agree with you. Not only did we run the ball, but our idiot players decided to fight and push around the other players. The patriots knew if they kept arguing with the Bills players time would run out. All they had to do is either get off the field or spike the ball, I dont recall it being 3rd down either. Say what you will about play calling, but everything goes through the headset of Jauron, if he simply dont like the play he can say so.

When the Bills were 5-1 Ralph got happy feet and said hey looky here I found a HC for my team so he signed him to an extension, then wham.....Jauron tanks and season is down the toilet while Ralph says oh no!!!!! I probably should have waited to sign him to an extension. Basically Ralph jumped the gun on Jauron and now as fans we are stuck with him for a period of time, unless Ralph buys him out which is unlikely cause Ralph is not about to buy anyone out.

Just another classic Ralph f-up we fans are paying dearly for. I see better coaching from highschool coaches then I do Jauron. Before the 2009 season starts we are staring at a 5-11 record or worse with this team.

Dumb players is due to dumb coaching!

At what point do we stop blaming the OC and start blaming the head coach for allowing the OC to continue making mistakes?

At last, a valid point. This problem with OC's seems to be Jauron's own personal albatross dating all the way back his days in Chiago. And what sucks the most about the Schnoert situation is that while it's not ideal, the compassionate ones among us will give him a free pass because he's a rookie. I guess we'll see after 2009. Personally (and while I hate saying this) I'm reserving judgment until then.