Better find a VERY good backup QB asap !!

Chuckknox

I think the "budget" for the backup QB just went up. It will be way too risky to go in 2009 without some solid QB's on the team.

Maybe a good QB will fall to us during the draft, or maybe we move up if someone looks worth the gamble. Look at all of the lucky QB picks recently by teams last year.

I don't have a list of who's available but let's consider Trent has not had a veteran to mentor him. I think it would help his game significantly even in year three. The past 2 years all he has had to listen to is JP and that itself drops your QB rating by 15 points. :unsure:

I don't have a list of who's available but let's consider Trent has not had a veteran to mentor him. I think it would help his game significantly even in year three. The past 2 years all he has had to listen to is JP and that itself drops your QB rating by 15 points. :unsure:

Blaming JP for Trent sucking. Finally, a new twist.

I think the "budget" for the backup QB just went up. It will be way too risky to go in 2009 without some solid QB's on the team.

Maybe a good QB will fall to us during the draft, or maybe we move up if someone looks worth the gamble. Look at all of the lucky QB picks recently by teams last year.

Good call. Especially now that they came out with that Trent has a "sore shoulder"!!!!

I'd be thrilled with Jeff Garcia as a backup, if he's interested. He is an UFA. Kerry Collins is also an UFA. Finally, Charlie Batch could be a decent backup and is an UFA.

garcia would be perfect....and backing up trent would be reassonable for the first time for him because of his age.but these are the buffalo bills. don't expect great creativity.

garcia would be perfect....and backing up trent would be reassonable for the first time for him because of his age.but these are the buffalo bills. don't expect great creativity.

I think Garcia would be a great choice, but unfortunately I think his price will be way too high......I would rather spend the money addressing some of our other needs. I would like them to target Ryan Fitzpatrick........he certainly can move around and make plays with his feet.

Because Garcia is older he would be willing to back up Trent? Payton Manning is getting up there too. Why not him?

I realize Manning is 50 times better than Trent and Garcia is only 25 times better but old is old right?

Because Garcia is older he would be willing to back up Trent? Payton Manning is getting up there too. Why not him?

I realize Manning is 50 times better than Trent and Garcia is only 25 times better but old is old right?

manning will be 33 in march.....garcia will be 39 in feb.....-thats quite a difference.But TE gets hurt a lot..

Garcia will fit in nicely with the Bills, he is injured almost as often as Trent.

Garcia will fit in nicely with the Bills, he is injured almost as often as Trent.

Hmm. Let's see, if we trade and cut some OL then our line will be worse. So, we have a brittle starter and a brittle backup. Something is missing though...

I got it! Let's get rid of Marshawn Lynch because we won't need a running game in this scenario. :unsure:

:worthy:

It sure would be nice if the Bills could sneak Turner Gill in for some private tutoring.

manning will be 33 in march.....garcia will be 39 in feb.....-thats quite a difference.But TE gets hurt a lot..

When you're 39 do you suddenly start wanting to be an underling to someone who is incompetent?

I have a feeling that if Garcia ever came here it would be with an agreement for open competition. He would probably view that competition as being about as tough as having a "math off" with an average Canadian.

Might want to reconsider the declaration, "We've got our franchise QB!"

Of course, Buffalo hasn't been so great at finding and developing franchise QBs. Joe Ferguson ... Jack Kemp ... man, it's been a while. A long while.

Maybe it should be changed to "We've got our backup QB!"