so how many of our horrible castoffs are enjoying

jester43

well its pretty simple why we cut Wire - he had a serious neck injury that jeopardized his career and he was never very good otherwise.

That's actually nothing but spin. Wire was recently interviewed and said that he wanted to stay in Buffalo and that the Bills knew that his neck surgery had gone very well. He even talked to Jauron and Brandon a couple of days before he was dumped and Jauron gave him some suggestions on what to focus on during the off-season and that he was looking forward to going to work together in 08. Then they dump him without so much as a word days later.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well not after spending a major bulk of our draft and FA resources on acquiring DBs, of course there is no room.

For what Jim makes, if he could beat out Wilson (for example) there is plenty of room. But, what I'm saying is, he probably wouldn't beat out any of our Safeties, in camp.

This board bashed Gilbride about his schemes. They aren't looking so bad now, are they..

Because they are DIFFERENT. Gilbride has changed the way he calls a game, for I think, the first time in his long career. Watch what the Giants do on offense, and tell me if that's what Gilbride did in Buffalo, or Houston, or Jacksonville, or SD...?

Coughlin was on the verge of being fired, and he made a conscious change in his coaching style (interpersonal, mostly, I think). Gillbride is also a changed coach. I don't know if that is coincidental, or not. The success of the Giants since, is not coincidental, IMO, but directly related to the changes both coaches made.

Because they are DIFFERENT. Gilbride has changed the way he calls a game, for I think, the first time in his long career. Watch what the Giants do on offense, and tell me if that's what Gilbride did in Buffalo, or Houston, or Jacksonville, or SD...?

Coughlin was on the verge of being fired, and he made a conscious change in his coaching style (interpersonal, mostly, I think). Gillbride is also a changed coach. I don't know if that is coincidental, or not. The success of the Giants since, is not coincidental, IMO, but directly related to the changes both coaches made.

Yup. Shocked the hell out of me to watch him call actual running plays when the Giants were up here last season.

Putting aside the playoffs for a moment, try adding the following players to our team:

Pat Williams

Justin Bannan (as a sub)

London Fletcher

Antoine Winfield

Nate Clements

Lawyer Milloy

Coy Wire (as a special teams ace)

David Bowens (solid role player and passrusher for the 'Phins and now the Jets)

While the Bills have been in the spin cycle of mediocrity for a decade, the rest of the League poaches what it needs from Ralph's cheap management and builds quality rosters. And we just keep drafting replacements for the quality we let out the door.

You want to go coaches? Gilbride, LeBeau, Dan Henning and James Saxon in MIA, Fred Graves in TEN, Charlie Joiner in SD, Big Red (Pete Metzelaars) with the Colts ...

You don't really want to know all the playoff coaches out there with Buffalo ties, do you? It will just depress you. Trust me.

See, that's where I worry it's the organization. Gilbride has a Super Bowl ring for pete's sake, with the best rushing team in the NFL. How many threads are there in the archives of this board about how he sucks, he has to go, he throws on 3rd and 1, etc. There hasn't been an OC we've like since Marchibroda, but gee, those guys sure seem to do pretty well everywhere else.....

With our luck 5 years from now Schonert is calling the offense for the upstart Lions in the NFC championship game after we run him out of Buffalo.

no, it was time for milloy to go. it was time for most of the Donahoe-era to go. if you cant/couldnt see that, then i dont know what team you were watching. at the time the bills were not worried about continuity, actually, they were after the exact opposite. thats usually the case when you decide to rebuild. the point of continuity as it relates to present day is so we dont start YET ANOTHER 3 year rebuilding window.

Levy came in with a plan to build a team (something Donahoe never had) and carried it out. so far, when you look at the personnel turnover, i dont think they have done a bad job. i know everyone expects to "win now" especially with much repeated examples of Miami and Atlanta, but both of those teams were in completely different situations than this team is now.

to say that the better move would have been keeping as much of the 2005 roster as possible is just wrong. maybe better choices could have been made during the rebuild, but they stuck to their plan. for that, i cant fault them.

No, the Bills were actually worried about continuity when Levy took over. In fact, that was the reason Levy wanted to RETAIN Mularkey, but Mularkey resigned.

Levy then turned around and hired douche bag Jauron, who decided he wanted to run the Tampax 2 defense, and that abortion of an offense.

The FO 'blew up' the team to accommodate a lifeless scum sucking POS loser of a HC.