It's time to grade the 2006 Bills Draft

BillsVet

[

Whitner: Not worth the 8th pick. Not an impact player Slow with no cover skills Adequate at best Not a pro-bowl player even though some writer wrote something early in the year. Out of position a lot of times

Grade C-

McCargo: Has done nothing in 3 years Not motivated to take the extra steps to become good. Could not even trade him

Not worth what he cost to get or his pay. Over hyped on Draft day

Grade E

Youboty Too many problems not enough skill. Show some flashes but not enough. Not ready to be a NFL player should of stayed in school, not worth a 3 rd pick

Grade D

Ko Simpson: Slow and out of position too much. Demoted and could not regain first year hype But at a 4th round pick he was not expected to be Ed Reed. May be servicable in the future but next year will tell a lot

Grade C-

Kyle Williams: Adequate at best, a bench player with other teams. Not a starter by any means But as 5th round pick he has been servicable DT Slow and out of position too often.

Grade C

Brad Butler: Another 5th round player who is in the starting line up, but should not be. Backup player with some upside

Grade C+

Keith Ellison: 6th round LB OK but not a starter or impact player. Good for depth but will be back on the bench next year

Plays hard but has limited skills

Grade C

Pretty weak draft from where we where picking

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, technically he didn't but his hold out caused him to miss games. I'm not saying trade the guy, quite the contrary, but I don't see how anyone can condone how he handled the situation.

If I were his agent, I'd have handled it differently. You have to understand that Ralph Wilson is in charge in Buffalo; the only guy to have ever lost the #1 overall pick to the CFL. Brandon is a marketeer and puppet.

If I were his agent, I'd have handled it differently. You have to understand that Ralph Wilson is in charge in Buffalo; the only guy to have ever lost the #1 overall pick to the CFL. Brandon is a marketeer and puppet.

There were reports that not everyone was on-board with retaining DJ for 2009. Just a guess, but I think it may have been marketer Brandon who wasn't keen on this idea.

Brandon's escalation to COO was for show, and now his opinion doesn't even seem to matter. Ralph wants people around him who will tell him what he wants to hear. He pays Brandon to sell the team to the knuckle-draggers he assumes will show up next year, not make football decisions.