funniest show on tv?

Tcali

30 Rock has the best writing like this example of a conversation between Liz (Tina Fey) and Jack (Alec Baldwin).

Liz: Jack, do you have any pull with the Postmaster General?

Jack: I used to, but we had a falling out over the Jerry Garcia stamp. I told him, "If I wanted to lick an old hippie, I'd return Joan Baez' phone calls."

My Favorite is when Will Arnet was when Will Arnet sold the E from G&E Claiming: "It ’s just G. I sold the E to Samsung - they’re Samesung now!"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For any Scrubs fans tonight they should get back on track on ABC. The last couple of years were crap due to NBC but tonight is a "Restart" of the last season.

I didn't find the last couple seasons that bad, but it was off and on the air so many times that it was hard to really get into it since the timeslot varied alot.

The episodes tonight were of the same quality as when they were on NBC (i.e. nothing changed).

I didn't find the last couple seasons that bad, but it was off and on the air so many times that it was hard to really get into it since the timeslot varied alot.

The episodes tonight were of the same quality as when they were on NBC (i.e. nothing changed).

I disagree. I thought last night's episodes were pretty good. And a lot has changed, Janitor was fired(I'm sure he'll be back), a new chief and new interns. Scrubs seemed like it used to be: a comedy with drama. The last couple of seasons were just slapstick.

I disagree. I thought last night's episodes were pretty good. And a lot has changed, Janitor was fired(I'm sure he'll be back), a new chief and new interns. Scrubs seemed like it used to be: a comedy with drama. The last couple of seasons were just slapstick.

I wasn't wowed by last night's episodes. Better than the worst NBC episodes, to be sure, but nothing really special, IMO. I'll give it a week or two to see if they re-find their legs.

I'd have to agree, I thought these episodes returned to the comedy and drama of the first season.

Corner Gas. I know Dean already talked about it, but I want to add my two cents.

I completely fell for that show about a year and a half ago. I have the first three seasons on DVD. Unfortunately, WGN has jerked it around and it is only airing at 1:30 in the morning now...way after my bedtime.

It will end airing new episodes this spring...they have ceased production because Brent Butt (the show's creator and star) wanted to go out on top. A total of 107 episodes were done over six seasons.

Link to announcement.

Corner Gas.

I completely fell for that show about a year and a half ago. I have the first three seasons on DVD. Unfortunately, WGN has jerked it around and it is only airing at 1:30 in the morning now...way after my bedtime.

It will end airing new episodes this spring...they have ceased production because Brent Butt (the show's creator and star) wanted to go out on top. A total of 107 episodes were done over six seasons.

Link to announcement.

Another vote for CG. Awesome!

I didn't mean story wise, i just meant show wise. They kept the show the same, same type of comedy, sometimes throwing in some drama, characters were pretty much the same. Its basically just as if they had stayed on NBC and started a new season

Corner Gas. I know Dean already talked about it, but I want to add my two cents.

Link to announcement.

Its a great show, probably one of Canada's best. Brent Butt is working on another Pilot with his wife (The woman who plays Wanda) who will star in it. I have seen all the episodes and the final season starts in a week I believe here in Canada.

I wasn't wowed by last night's episodes. Better than the worst NBC episodes, to be sure, but nothing really special, IMO. I'll give it a week or two to see if they re-find their legs.

One of my favorite parts from last night was after the second episode they aired what seemed to be an improved take with JD and Turk in the Dying guys room talking about Death, and Turk says since he is diabetic he will probably die first, so JD says he will have him stuffed (and Carla too, but he will keep her in the closet) and when they call cut you can here the director say "What??? Thats Horrible, We can't use that!"

I didn't mean story wise, i just meant show wise. They kept the show the same, same type of comedy, sometimes throwing in some drama, characters were pretty much the same. Its basically just as if they had stayed on NBC and started a new season

I agree. It seemed to me like they were basically back on track. Nothing spectacular, but a decent couple of episodes. Better than most from the last couple of seasons.