Cheer up!

For the whole season. I predict that with next seasons sched that DJ does not make it the whole year. If his poor gameday decisions last year were not glaring enough for the Ralph, next seasons should be. I say that 5 games into the 09 season, Bobby April takes the interim tag! :doh:

For the whole season. I predict that with next seasons sched that DJ does not make it the whole year. If his poor gameday decisions last year were not glaring enough for the Ralph, next seasons should be. I say that 5 games into the 09 season, Bobby April takes the interim tag! :doh:

Thanks SKOOB!

:lol:

Thanks SKOOB!

:doh:

Do I get a scooby snack for saying no flipping way does DJ get canned in-season by Ralphie? :lol:

There's no way DJ is fired in-season, because that'd be an admission of how bush league this franchise has become. Only strong franchises like San Francisco, Oakland, and St. Louis fire their HC during the season. We're so far above them. Well, maybe not with a 90 year old owner who thinks he knows football.

I say give DJ a lifetime contract, as long as RW remains owner. That way, they can drive season ticket sales down to nothing and have another excuse to move the team. :lol:

how many coaches has Ralph fired during the season? one i think

Mauron makes it through the season simply because Ralph will wait as long as he can to admit he made a mistake bringing this dope back and when he does finally can him Ralph will escape to Detroit like he always does to avoid the media and fans

Look at the schedule. Expecting a new coach to come in and get the Bills to the playoffs is ridiculous.

There's no way that more than one team makes the playoffs from the AFC East with that schedule.

Do I get a scooby snack for saying no flipping way does DJ get canned in-season by Ralphie? :doh:

There's no way DJ is fired in-season, because that'd be an admission of how bush league this franchise has become. Only strong franchises like San Francisco, Oakland, and St. Louis fire their HC during the season. We're so far above them. Well, maybe not with a 90 year old owner who thinks he knows football.

I say give DJ a lifetime contract, as long as RW remains owner. That way, they can drive season ticket sales down to nothing and have another excuse to move the team. :lol:

If we started 0 - 8 maybe but ralph doesnt want to pay for someone not "working"

Mauron makes it through the season simply because Ralph will wait as long as he can to admit he made a mistake bringing this dope back and when he does finally can him Ralph will escape to Detroit like he always does to avoid the media and fans

Ralph has fired 3 coaches in season: Joe Collier (1968-after 2 games), Kay Stephenson (1985-after 4 games) & Hank Bullough (1986-after 9 games). In addition, Lou Saban quit 2 days before game 6 of the 1976 season.

So there have been 4 in-season coaching changes. The main reason that there have been no in-season coaching changes since 1986 is that circumstances have not warranted any. Marv Levy lasted until 1997, so that's 11 years right there; Wade Phillips had the team in playoff contention every year; Gregg Williams started off badly, but nobody would fire a 1st year coach that soon & the rest of his time was mediocre-the year he was fired. the team was 4-4 at midseason; Mike Mularkey was actually asked back for a 3rd season at one point, so firing him in the middle of 5-11, when he was 3-3 after 6 games wasn't considered (the Bills finished the same 2-8 in 2005 as 2008).

There's enough data to indicate that if the team gets off to a rough start, Dick Jauron is gone in-season. Circumstances have not been there for a in-season coaching change since 1986.

I doubt there will be an in-season firing next year for one simple reason-the Bills won't be horrible like the years there have been in-season coaching changes. There is too much talent on this team to be that bad. We may be mediocre under Jauron, but we haven't reached bad yet. Unless key players get hurt early in the season, our record will always be around .500 with Jauron as coach. A good coach could elevate us to the above .600+ range & a bad coach could bring us down to the .300+ range, but Jauron has proven to be a mediocre, .437 coach.

Now all the 2-14 gloom & doom people are just showing frustration & are being totally unrealistic. There's no evidence we're close to 2-14 heading into next season. The team has underachieved to 7-9 the last 3 seasons with Jauron. They won't be much worse next year. Actually, they'll probably be better, it's just that with the schedule, another 7-9 season is more likely. 5-6 wins are almost a certainty, so the rest depends on the progression & regression of the Bills & their opponents-something at this point is virtually impossible to project.

Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough to name 2.