Great article from Billsdaily.com

Jerry Jabber

Wow that article really does sum things up very well. I think the whole 0 and 6 in our division is one of the most concerning factors. I forget who said this this year but it p'd me off really good I guess in hindsight thats because the truth hurts worse than any insult.

"the Bills have become insignificant in the NFL landscape outside their region."

I will still look forward to the TBD 10th Annual Tailgate, but it is hard to be psyched about anything else!

That's essentially what I said in response to Gerry's column, and it worries me. If people don't care about the game itself, how many of them will still come?

That's essentially what I said in response to Gerry's column, and it worries me. If people don't care about the game itself, how many of them will still come?

It's a good question. I think there's often a tendency to overestimate how accurately online opinion reflects the opinion of the average person, but the response has been so overwhelmingly negative I can't believe it isn't echoed in what people are saying around WNY and the region. Maybe it's just the echo chamber effect really distorting things, but this feels different to me from any other time I've seen fan discontent.

It's a good question. I think there's often a tendency to overestimate how accurately online opinion reflects the opinion of the average person, but the response has been so overwhelmingly negative I can't believe it isn't echoed in what people are saying around WNY and the region. Maybe it's just the echo chamber effect really distorting things, but this feels different to me from any other time I've seen fan discontent.

I've been following the Bills for 40 years and this year's sense of fan frustration is different than other years. Fans seem quite disappointed, angry, and disgusted. I'm disgusted with Jauron. He may be a great guy but he is a horrible head coach.

I think the residual discontent over the Toronto deal has to be a contributing factor. Ralph has made noises about looking elsewhere before, but actually taking two games north of the border was concrete evidence that the franchise's future in WNY might not be all that stable. Add that to the longest playoff drought in team history, and it's no wonder people are feeling a sense of detachment ... or worse, outright anger.

It should set off alarms that a Bills fan as passionate as Tony feels badly enough to write a column like this. Yesterday was a punch below the belt for those of us who give a crap about the Bills because the last three years with Dick were a waste of time, and now there isn't reason to believe next season will be any different.

This is why I love this board. The thoughts expressed in that article have been expressed MANY TIMES OVER on this board, often with more creativity & humor than in that article.

And probably by the author of said article, who happens to be a longtime member here ...