Fred Jackson

MavBavButav

Fred Jackson is an absolute beast. We need to keep him next year. Is he a restricted free agent or what? SIGN HIM LONG TERM. We need 2 good running backs. His value is through the roof. Dude is amazing.

He is a good football player and a starting caliber RB in this league who I would love to keep. But, I dont see him wanting to sign here to be a backup if he gets offers that would be more money and a starting gig somewhere else.

Side note: NE doesnt exactly have a stellar run D and is decimated by injury's so I am sure Lycnh would have had similar success too in that game. So if he leaves, we still are fine at RB, so I dont want to see us pay him starter money to be a 10 carry back for us when we have more pressing needs. Lynch is a stud too...

Fred Jackson is an absolute beast. We need to keep him next year. Is he a restricted free agent or what? SIGN HIM LONG TERM. We need 2 good running backs. His value is through the roof. Dude is amazing.

yes, he is a restricted free agent. if we cant sign him to a long term (3 year?) deal, then i say we give him the first round tender offer ($2mil)

Is it too expensive to franchise him?

I don't know what it costs, or what it would cost us to just sign him to a one-year deal, but he's much much more than just a backup running back. He's arguably the best all-around athlete on the team. He has kick and punt returning ability, can catch the ball (although he did have a few drops) good at blocking, pretty much, he's a very solid athlete who should be used in the slot more as just a go-to-guy whenever we can plug him in.

Most likely scenario is that, much like the Hardy debacle, our coaches request he stay (like they requested a tall WR) but again do not know what to do with him once he's there.

Trade Marshawn Lynch for a late first round pick and draft a center!

Oman, on the other hand, not so special. :worthy:

It's hard to form an opinion on Omon one way or the other. He barely got a chance to play as a rookie; for all we know he's a solid player whom this coaching staff wouldn't give a chance to early in his career (a la Greer and Fred Jackson).

What is sad is this......probably won't resign him because of money reasons but at the same time we give crap players like Kelsay a big ole deal.

Come to the conclusion that the Bills will go the opposite way of common sense most of the time.

they would re-sign Fred if he was white.

look at the high # of white players on the D and the disproportionate high salaries and tell me with a straight face that Ralph is not influenced by race in deciding who to draft, sign and pay

they would re-sign Fred if he was white.

look at the high # of white players on the D and the disproportionate high salaries and tell me with a straight face that Ralph is not influenced by race in deciding who to draft, sign and pay

Riiiiight.

Every big free agent they've signed over the past few offseasons has been black, as have their past however many first-round picks. Don't be ridiculous.