Ralph says "not enough talent"...

San-O

Al hasn't been relevant in the league for many years. He is a far bigger joke, now, than Ralph has ever been, or ever will be. If you think his past success entitles him to his bizarre behavior now, fine. But, let's not pretend that Al Davis in 2008 is anything but a boil on the ass of the league.

No, I still would pick Davis over Wilson.

Davis hasn't cried poor while refusing to sell the naming rights of the stadium because he wants a taxpayer-funded monument to himself.

Davis didn't sell a division home game against a hated rival to another city and then brush off the profit from that game as only a 'drop in the bucket.'

Outside of Buffalo, honestly, who respects Wilson? Davis looked like a clown in firing his coach, but at least he realized that his coach was incompetent. Wilson can't figure out that Jauron is not an NFL quality coach.

Wilson's a fool who shows every year that the rare success that his franchise has experienced was more of a happy accident than the result of his management.

This franchise deserves better than Wilson.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Al hasn't been relevant in the league for many years. He is a far bigger joke, now, than Ralph has ever been, or ever will be. If you think his past success entitles him to his bizarre behavior now, fine. But, let's not pretend that Al Davis in 2008 is anything but a boil on the ass of the league.

I'd say the Raiders are far more likely to make the playoffs than the Bills next year. They were a good team by the end of the season, and they should have beat the Phins.

I'd say the Raiders are far more likely to make the playoffs than the Bills next year. They were a good team by the end of the season, and they should have beat the Phins.

Let's accept your premise, for a second (even though it is unrelated to Al Davis is an irrelevant owner in the NFL, right now), that at this time, the Raiders have a better chance at making the playoffs than do the Bills.

Which owner do you think is more likely to actively and publicly subvert his team chances by acting like a crazy whack-job?

Answer:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/br...mru/aldavis.jpg

The Raiders looked like a better team than the Bills last weekend. They'll probably win more games next season. And they'll be back in the Super Bowl before Buffalo is (if Buffalo ever is).

The Raiders looked like a better team than the Bills last weekend. They'll probably win more games next season. And they'll be back in the Super Bowl before Buffalo is (if Buffalo ever is).

See the post above yours.

EDIT: One more point. We Bills fans (rightly) complain that a good coach isn't likely to work for Ralph. Do you think a good coach will work for Al, especially given the uptick in his outrageous behavior, in recent years? Who would work for him after his antics when firing Lane? Cower? Parcells" Shanny?

We can all hope that Bret will retire, and maybe we can beat one of the divisonal teams next year, they will have a new head coach and no quarterback, i will have to say that it is sad that i have to hope for being able to beat one of the divisonal teams in the hope that they dont have a QB next year. :thumbdown:

Let's accept your premise, for a second (even though it is unrelated to Al Davis is an irrelevant owner in the NFL, right now), that at this time, the Raiders have a better chance at making the playoffs than do the Bills.

Which owner do you think is more likely to actively and publicly subvert his team chances by acting like a crazy whack-job?

Answer:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/br...mru/aldavis.jpg

Wow. That pic scared the hell out of me!

Thank you for the perspective. There are teams in worse shape than Buffalo, although with all the whining on this board you'd think it was 1985. I think Jauron gets one more year. He's got to go 9-7 or better to keep his job. And that's the ultimate yardstick for any NFL coach to keep his job. Win and everything's great. Lose..................

See the post above yours.

EDIT: One more point. We Bills fans (rightly) complain that a good coach isn't likely to work for Ralph. Do you think a good coach will work for Al, especially given the uptick in his outrageous behavior, in recent years? Who would work for him after his antics when firing Lane? Cower? Parcells" Shanny?

Al Davis has overseen three Super Bowl winners, and is a giant in the league. The Raiders were in the Super Bowl 6 years ago, and probably would have gone the year before if not for the worst call in playoff history. And they may well have gone the year before that if not for perhaps the dirtiest play in a big game in recent times -- Tony Siragusa doing a pro wrestling-style flying squat on the shoulder of a prone Rich Gannon in the first quarter. And the Raiders looked like they were improving late in this season. The point is, you should never compare the two. It's really not even close.

You mean except for the fact that if it weren't for Ralph, Al would have been bankrupt and out of the league?

No, I still would pick Davis over Wilson.

Davis hasn't cried poor while refusing to sell the naming rights of the stadium because he wants a taxpayer-funded monument to himself.

Davis didn't sell a division home game against a hated rival to another city and then brush off the profit from that game as only a 'drop in the bucket.'

Outside of Buffalo, honestly, who respects Wilson? Davis looked like a clown in firing his coach, but at least he realized that his coach was incompetent. Wilson can't figure out that Jauron is not an NFL quality coach.

Wilson's a fool who shows every year that the rare success that his franchise has experienced was more of a happy accident than the result of his management.

This franchise deserves better than Wilson.

So does Ralphys comments mean that he will be willing to spend closer to the cap this year? If so this may not turn out as bad as we think... Better players can make up for bonehead coaching

Im truly surprised that Ralph did not fire Jauron and make his precious little daughter Linda Bogdan coach!

Yes, very surprising. We all expected that as that is what he has done so many times in the past.

You mean except for the fact that if it weren't for Ralph, Al would have been bankrupt and out of the league?

Completely ancient history, and not relevant to team -- or ownership -- performance. Davis may have needed a rescue, but he certainly managed to take advantage of his second lease on life. He built a legendary, nationally popular franchise in a fairly run-of-the-mill, down-at-its-heels city not known for its fandom (A's, Warriors).

Which is it?

Depends apparently on what spin is required for the given situation. If you are defending your head coach,

then there's not enough talent. If you defending your decision to stay pat, your talent is pretty close.

Sounds about right.

:worthy:

Go away Ralph. Nobody's buying it, at least not me.

It's both. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive. Clearly, there isn't enough talent. And just as clearly, if he feels we need just a few added pieces to complete the puzzle, then he's right about being close, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Thank you for the perspective. There are teams in worse shape than Buffalo, although with all the whining on this board you'd think it was 1985. I think Jauron gets one more year. He's got to go 9-7 or better to keep his job. And that's the ultimate yardstick for any NFL coach to keep his job. Win and everything's great. Lose..................

No, there aren't. The Bills will never be a good team again with Ralph Wilson as the owner. He's cheap, out of touch, and senile. We're not going to bring in anyone who will help us -- not a GM, not a coach, and not any players. Who wants to play for the only NFL team with 7 home games every year?

Ralph Wilson is a disaster, but guess what happens when his heart stops? The team is auctioned off to the highest bidder and moves away. So that's what Buffalo Bills fans can look forward to. Breathtaking ineptitude for another couple years before a rapid exit from Western New York.

So Buffalo is the only NFL city that has no hope of ever having a good team again.

Completely ancient history, and not relevant to team -- or ownership -- performance. Davis may have needed a rescue, but he certainly managed to take advantage of his second lease on life. He built a legendary, nationally popular franchise in a fairly run-of-the-mill, down-at-its-heels city not known for its fandom (A's, Warriors).

It's history, and it's true, and most of Al Davis's accomplishments, and there are many, came after it and therefore partly if not greatly because of it. The Raiders now are more of a laughingstock than the Bills are as a franchise, even if their team is better, which it's not (although I don't think the Raiders are terrible). I don't know of any franchise in any sport ever that couldn't get a coach to come them because of the owner but NO ONE ANYWHERE wants the Raiders job. That is why his last coaches are named Callahan and Turner and Art Shell and Lane Kiffin and now Larry the Cable Guy. And the reason they havent won more than five games in six seasons.

Al Davis was once, and for a long time, a great, great football man and owner and leader. Now he is a complete and utter joke.