Ralph says "not enough talent"...

San-O

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Al hasn't been relevant in the league for many years. He is a far bigger joke, now, than Ralph has ever been, or ever will be. If you think his past success entitles him to his bizarre behavior now, fine. But, let's not pretend that Al Davis in 2008 is anything but a boil on the ass of the league.

With three Superbowl Rings. Yes.

I happen to believe both Ralph and those who blame Jauron on this board:

The Bills have a lot of talent in spots - but not remotely enough in a few critical spots.

Notably - I say this team - even with Jauron's failings - can immediately contend with the AFC East merely by getting an NFL-caliber Center.

You can't beat a 3-4 with a decent NT when your centers suck so bad they are getting blown back most of the time. All three divisional foes have NTs that are better than just decent. Fowler and Preston look like DIII starters - not NFL starters.

I say if they draft a top center they can quickly become the #1 running game in the division and Lynch among the most feared RB's in the NFL. The question is how high will they have to go to get Alex Mack and can they still get a top DE if they do.

Add a DE in the first round - Everette Brown (FSU) is listed next to Buffalo in most mocks right now - and their primary defensive problem (with hopefully a return by Schobel) is solved.

A better TE would be nice - FA's?

I'm OK with Steve Johnson and Reed and Evans. Trade Parrish to somebody to move up in the draft and get that Center in late round 1 or earlier round 2.

This doesn't mean Jauron didn't suck - a lot - on game day. Of course he did. I just think there's a lot more talent on this roster than the gloom and doom crowd think and that they are getting close to reaching a tipping point where they will overcome Jauron's flaws.

He's got to go 9-7 or better to keep his job. And that's the ultimate yardstick for any NFL coach to keep his job. Win and everything's great. Lose..................

9-7 didn't even come close to cutting it in the AFCE this year. You may not recall, but NE went 11-5 and missed the playoffs. 9-7 didn't cut it in the NFCE, or NFCS. This division and conference mandate you be exceptional, not average to make the playoffs.

What high standards we have these days. Let's hope to have barely a winning record, and cross our fingers.

DJ is the definition of mediocre. And mediocre is the most he can ever produce.