Marv Levy's Legacy

BenchBledsoe

Marv's the guy who brought in DJ, so I have to fault him as much as anyone. Ralph was going to listen to Marv's advice at that point in order to get Marv aboard as GM.

Marv, you have forever tainted your Buffalo legacy. This DJ character is causing a lot more pain than the pleasure you provided in the 80s and 90s.

God, I hate Ralph's cheapness and decision-making today more than ever. He really is going to lose the fans now. This board is as cranky and cantankerous as I have ever witnessed, and with true good reason. I HATE keeping Dick.

There was a nearly identical thread yesterday.

I don't see the correlation in being upset with the recent resigning of Dick Jauron and your hatred for one of the greatest figures in Bills history.

Did Marv extend him after 4 games? I'm confused.

I don't see the correlation in being upset with the recent resigning of Dick Jauron and your hatred for one of the greatest figures in Bills history.

What's to be confused about?

1)Dick was Marv's hand-picked guy.

2)Ralph was going to go with Marv's decision to get him to come aboard as GM.

3)Dick is still here now.

4)We have sucked.

5)We will suck again now.

6)We will suck as long as DJ is coach.

(P.S. if I made any typos putting the words suck and Dick next to other, please ignore)

What's to be confused about?

1)Dick was Marv's hand-picked guy.

2)Ralph was going to go with Marv's decision to get him to come aboard as GM.

3)Dick is still here now.

4)We have sucked.

5)We will suck again now.

6)We will suck as long as DJ is coach.

(P.S. if I made any typos putting the words suck and Dick next to other, please ignore)

My point is that you seem angry that we kept Jauron...but that wasn't Marv Levy's decision. You seem to be very upset and confused about who to be upset at. The moral of the story is stop looking for someone to blame and just accept the fact that Jauron will be our coach. There will be some nice acquisitions in the offseason and I would expect a very hyped up season. You realize if the Bills succeed next year you're just going to look like an idiot blaming a guy who isn't even in our front office about a team that isn't even bad?

Marv Levy, the doddering old fool, pulled a Homer Simpson on us. Unable to come up with anything different - he could only come up with the one name that was standing in front of him while broadcasting in Chicago.

He searched near and far and just happened to come up the old man 30 yards away from him - what are the chances? :(

My point is that you seem angry that we kept Jauron...but that wasn't Marv Levy's decision. You seem to be very upset and confused about who to be upset at. The moral of the story is stop looking for someone to blame and just accept the fact that Jauron will be our coach. There will be some nice acquisitions in the offseason and I would expect a very hyped up season. You realize if the Bills succeed next year you're just going to look like an idiot blaming a guy who isn't even in our front office about a team that isn't even bad?

I don't have to accept that Jauron is going to be coach, anymore than I have to watch this pathetic organization next season. I've always been a big fan, but this may well be the last thing I can stomach. We obviously will never win with this coach (and owner, for that matter).

What is so hard to get a grasp on?? IF Marv never hired DJ in the first place, he wouldn't be here now, right?

If you are an optimistic Bills fan today, you are just fooling yourself (or deluding yourself).

Marv Levy, the doddering old fool, pulled a Homer Simpson on us. Unable to come up with anything different - he could only come up with the one name that was standing in front of him while broadcasting in Chicago.

He searched near and far and just happened to come up the old man 30 yards away from him - what are the chances? :censored:

Thanks for this Scott. Levy created this mess. He brought us this fool in the first place and he did so for idiotic reasons. Of course, Ralph only hired him because he is completely out of it, and has been for more than 10 years. You couldn't make this s :( t up.

I don't have to accept that Jauron is going to be coach, anymore than I have to watch this pathetic organization next season. I've always been a big fan, but this may well be the last thing I can stomach. We obviously will never win with this coach (and owner, for that matter).

What is so hard to get a grasp on?? IF Marv never hired DJ in the first place, he wouldn't be here now, right?

If you are an optimistic Bills fan today, you are just fooling yourself (or deluding yourself).

Or I'm not a faggot who let sports run my life? I'm a huge Bills fan. They are my team. They made a questionable move. Whatever. I didn't cry about it. I kept my season tickets because they are my football team. And because I'm an adult and not a child, I will be able to get myself (quite easily actually) to watch the games, and continue to root for the team I love. Dedication defines a person. I'm not religious about the team, I'm just not a quitter. That's my personality. Yours seems to get satisfaction from blaming people and threatening to quit on the team of which you are a "big fan". That's fine.

Or I'm not a faggot who let sports run my life? I'm a huge Bills fan. They are my team. They made a questionable move. Whatever. I didn't cry about it. I kept my season tickets because they are my football team. And because I'm an adult and not a child, I will be able to get myself (quite easily actually) to watch the games, and continue to root for the team I love. Dedication defines a person. I'm not religious about the team, I'm just not a quitter. That's my personality. Yours seems to get satisfaction from blaming people and threatening to quit on the team of which you are a "big fan". That's fine.

Adult? With that post? Dude, now you are going overboard. Go suck (with) Dick. You are a freaking loser yourself if this kind of nonsense is okay with you.

Your deeply in the minority here, genius. You're going to find out how much so if you keep this line of defense up.

Adult? With that post? Dude, now you are going overboard. Go suck (with) Dick. You are a freaking loser yourself if this kind of nonsense is okay with you.

Your deeply in the minority here, genius. You're going to find out how much so if you keep this line of defense up.

I'm sorry. You just can't accept rooting for a team. You need more. You enjoy blame. You're a big fan of it. You blame me and try and sway me from rooting for my team and make me feel bad for rooting for them. It's funny really. I don't like Dick Jauron, but he is the coach of the Buffalo Bills, who I do like. Are you starting to follow me? Or are you too wrapped up in your little world of hate, blame, and going with what you think the majority is.

Thanks for this Scott. Levy created this mess. He brought us this fool in the first place and he did so for idiotic reasons. Of course, Ralph only hired him because he is completely out of it, and has been for more than 10 years. You couldn't make this s :lol: t up.

Not only that, but DJ was cheap enough for Marv to sell to Ralphie. I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the conditions RW gave Marv upon the latter assuming the title of GM.

Marv wasn't cut out for the GM thing. It was far too political for him to deal with people like Linda Bogdan and the flunkies Ralph has staffing the front office. He tried to approach it like Polian, but his eye for talent and reliance on DJ's "expertise" were extremely bad choices.

I remember about a year and a half ago at Training Camp when Jim Kelly gave J.P. Losman his full endorsement and said he had faith that he would get the Bills to the playoffs. I guess Kelly's rep is really tainted now. Hope he stays away from Buffalo after that.

Ok, just to clarify - you called the OP an idiot and then you follow up this claim by making the comparison between Levy - who was hired and chartered with the responsibility of firing/hiring the coaching staff and Kelly - who has never been hired as a talent evaluator, has no responsibility to anyone, has no hiring authority, and basically gave his inconsequential opinion like everyone else on this board?

Right... gotcha. The OP is a real idiot. :lol:

Dedication is one thing...But I for one need to not feel like an idiot for supporting an owner that has no desire to support the fans. Loyalty goes both ways. Love is sometimes irrational. Loyalty can also be irrational. But the healthiest relationships are ones we can walk away from. If you can't, that means you need therapy.

I don't know if I'm ready to walk away. I'm a big believer in faith and loyalty. Perhaps to a fault. But I realize I'm in love or loyal to a fable/myth or something that doesn't exist anymore. A team that captured the imagination of an entire region, maybe even a country that reflected the resilience and resourcefulness of the community it represented.

This team and it's leaders can't sniff the jockstraps of *that* memory and those individuals. I bear no ill will towards Jauron. He's a good man. But he is an awful game day coach.

The owner is the one who now seems to be flaunting a blatant disregard for his fan base. But billionaire owners are not working or middle class families trying to make ends meet hoping their gladiators/heroes show up for 3 hours every Sunday to give them very expensive entertainment.

These guys like *this* coach and they still can't perform for him. Think about that for a second.

I used to have a great respect for Ralph - but I honestly think he's lost his judgment. Maybe Mort and the rest of the sports press do know something about this owner that we don't. He's just a kinder, gentler Al Davis.

I'll be glad to come back running with my tail tucked between my legs when they start winning on a regular basis. But until then there will probably be wiser ways to spend my money.

Dude, you average 11 posts a day on a Bills message board and you said what about sports running your life?

Thanks for this Scott. Levy created this mess. He brought us this fool in the first place and he did so for idiotic reasons. Of course, Ralph only hired him because he is completely out of it, and has been for more than 10 years. You couldn't make this s :thumbsup: t up.

Well, then, it all goes back to Ralph doesn't it? He hired somebody supremely unqualified to run his team, so what better results could one expect? I thought the Levy thing was horrendous, but I ain't blaming Marv...